Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Boston is a popular filming site for TV shows and movies, including blockbuster films Good Will Hunting and The Departed. An ideal choice for movie buffs, this walking tour allows you to see more than 30 filming locations, stroll through Boston Common and the picturesque Beacon Hill neighborhood, and learn about the city’s film history from a local actor.
- You'll start at139 Tremont St139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02108, USASee address & details
- 1On Location ToursStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Boston CommonStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Massachusetts State HouseStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 4Boston Common Visitor CenterStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 5Beacon HillStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 6Boston Public GardenStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 7Frog PondStop: 15 minutesSee details
- You'll end atCheers84 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108, USASee address & details
- See more than 30 Boston filming locations
- Get some exercise: Stroll through Boston Common and Beacon Hill
- Enjoy commentary from your guide, who is a local actor
- Guided tour lets you avoid the hassle of research and navigation
What to Expect
Your tour begins at the Boston Common Visitor Center, where you meet your guide and set off on a walking tour of the nearby downtown area. During your tour, visit Boston Common (the park made famous by the TV comedy Ally McBeal), see the street of the car crash scene in Stephen Hopkins’ 1994 film Blown Away, and visit one of Jack Nicholson’s mob hangouts from Martin Scorsese’s 2006 flick The Departed. You can also visit locations featured in the 1997 indie drama Good Will Hunting. Sip brews at Boston’s Cheers Beacon Hill, a mandatory pilgrimage for fans of the popular television show Cheers, which was inspired by this authentic neighborhood watering hole. In addition to these movie sites, visit famous spots, such as Boston Public Garden, the Massachusetts State House, and the Soldiers and Sailors Monument. Your tour concludes at the original departure point.
139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
Cheers, 84 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
- Guided 1.5-hour walking tour
- Entry/Admission - On Location Tours
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour takes place in all weather conditions
- Maximum of 35 people per group tour departure
- There are several quick step-off points at some of the locations during the tour
- This is a walking tour, so wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My mom and I took the Movie Mile Walking tour in Boston. While we weren't familiar with a lot of the movies, we had a fun experience. Our tour guide, Holly, was friendly and knowledgable. Our only complaint was that many of the pictures of scenes from the movies were hard to see…
Date of experience: October 2019
This tour really took us to see Boston that wasn’t all just the history you see everywhere else in the city. It was a nice change. Holly was a great tour guide. She was energetic and funny. Would strongly recommend!!
Had so much fun seeing all the sites. Tour guide Kirstin was amazing. Mommy wanted to do the tour and loved it. My girls just loved going for a walk.
Date of experience: August 2019
We were in Boston for a few days and decided to book this tour - I had previously participated in a bus tour in NYC and had enjoyed it, but have to say this walking tour was even better 👍 gave us a real insight into the Boston film industry and really brought the films to life…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: On Location Tours
Fun way to see Boston!
We are movie lovers and really enjoyed hearing and seeing all the different landmark places where movies were filme…
Well presented and entertaining tour of Boston movie locations
Mike presented an entertaining tour and lots of anecdotes and stories about film locations in the Boston area, part…
We missed our original booking due to flight delay, and we spoke with Meg who was the guide and she spoke with the …
The TV and movie tour was great, Mike did a wonderful job sharing his knowledge of movies and Boston. We only wish…
Great and informative tour!
Mike was our tour guide and he was really interesting and engaging the whole time. The tour wasn’t just a ‘here’s w…
Don’t honor reserved tour and terrible customer service
Very bad customer service. Never had a place and keep spaming and spaming. Don’t recommand it at all. You seems to …
We enjoyed the walk. Using an iPad to show pictures outdoors, especially on a sunny day, is a no-no as people could…
We really enjoyed our movie scenes tour of Boston. Holly was an amazing guide and brought a lot of fun to the tour …
TV and movie tour with On Location Tours in Boston
We enjoyed our TV and Movie tour, Holly was our guide she was very friendly and enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The…
I had a great time on this tour. My husband who is quite the movie expert wanted more but for the everyday person i…
This tour wasn’t the best. They had an IPAD to show us pictures from various movies that were filmed at certain spo…
Mike and the tour were great!
I highly recommend doing this tour. I’m I’m not a big tv or movie person and it was still great! Mike was informati…
Fun and informative
This tour was fun and informative. They showed us many places where movies were filmed and talked about the actors …
Excellent Tour Guide
Our tour guide, Mike, was excellent and very knowledgeable, while still being entertaining. We also were able to s…
Boston Movies and TV tour
Great job by our guide Mike. Well versed, knowledgable and very funny. Much better tour than expected! Highly recom…
- Duration: 1h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: language_english_ffffe66c
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255