Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Visiting Alcatraz Island is one of the most rewarding and fascinating experiences of any trip to San Francisco and California. You don’t have to drive to the Caribbean to ride a horse along a paradisiac golden beach. Here's your chance to knock this adventure off your bucket list. This family-friendly ranch offers trail rides and horseback riding lessons suitable for ages, tastes, occasions and experience levels. We will also drive you to Pacifica State Beach and old town, this is a popular destination for locals and surfers where you can have breakfast or enjoy a brunch before heading back to San Francisco to visit Alcatraz island. You Alcatraz prison tickets, ferry and horseback ride are all included. We added an extra hour to this adventure at no extra cost, so you enjoy a relaxing day and make this getaway a memorable journey for you.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Alcatraz IslandStop: 5 hours - Admission includedThe first part of this new and custom tour: After a complimentary pick-up at your hotel in SF, you will depart south and cruise along California State Route 1, on the dramatic and rugged coastline of the Pacific Ocean to visit a family owned ranch of horseback riding at historic stable, located just south of San Francisco and North of Half -Moon Bay. The second part of your Alcatraz and horseback ride combo adventure will take you to legendary Island, also known as the ‘The Rock’. Your personal tour guide will drive you to the Alcatraz Ferry building, a terminal for Alcatraz ferries that provide transfers from San Francisco Bay to Alcatraz and return. This is the only ferry line allowed to access Alcatraz Island and it’s all included in the tour prices. These ferries and prison tickets are often sold months in advance, so the sooner you book, the better Once you disembark on the island, you will be offered Alcatraz’s award-winning self-guided audio tour, included in your tour priceRead more
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Horseback Ride on the Beach or in the forest
- Bottled water
- Alcatraz Island ticket ($39.90 USD value)
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Meals, and gratuity , overtime and any extra activities fees
- Requirement: Must be at least 7 years or older, and under 200 lb to ride a horse.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Even though the wooded trails were a bit wet for us to ride due to the fog, but the experience was amazing, and we all enjoyed it very much. The horses looked happy, well cared for- these were some of the best-behaved horses we’ve ever interacted with, and the staff was very…
Date of experience: July 2019
1 Helpful vote
An awesome horseback ride on the beach and Alcatraz tour We got desperate as we couldn’t get our hands-on Alcatraz tickets. Alcatraz island tour and ferry tickets were sold out when we tried to book them online (6 weeks in advance). We tried every tour company in san fran,…
Date of experience: April 2019
2 Helpful votes
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Alcatraz Tours
Checked Off an Alcatraz Tour from my Bucket List
Alcatraz. It is amazing!! The self guided headphone tour is very comprehensive. The island is beautiful and the …
Almost a must visit when in San Francisco
Truly enjoyed the sunset boa tride, the seagulls and of course the night tour of Alcatraz. The national park guides…
We booked our tickets online before we went. Glad we did! WOW are there a lot of people taking this tour! It was ve…
Brilliant Tour a must do
A must do tour guides are brilliant very informative and we met an ex prisoner who was doing a book signing The cel…
Great way to see San Francisco !!
We did not expect to see so much of the city in one day. Jon, was very friendly, informative and an accommodating…
Alcatraz night tour is a must-do but book your tickets WELL in advance!
We booked our Alcatraz night trip with Alcatraz tours in February, but we were not visiting San Francisco until la…
Great value afternoon.
We really enjoyed this tour. Catching a boat from pier 33 out the island. I was surprised as to how big it was. A n…
My kids were like ‘why do we have to go there’ but afterwards said it was one of the highlights of our trip. The au…
Good but pricey
Our tour guide, Mary, was excellent. She’s a native who knows her history and is a great story teller. The 4 hour…
I was in this trip with my friends and sister. We couldn’t find tickets and at the last moment contacted Adam, he a…
The tour was very interesting and worth the time and money. One suggestion for handicapped is if there were more be…
An interesting piece of History...
Back when my daughter was just a little sprout, about 4 or 5 years old (around 1987) I took my family to Alcatraz.…
Do not miss seeing Alcatraz
Learn how difficult life was for the prisoners on Alcatraz, the rock only a short ferry ride from San Francisco. It…
This is worth every penny. Sometimes tourist destinations are cheesy and a real disappointment, but not this tour. …
Seeing and hearing about how the island went from a military post to a prisoner island and learning how they lived …
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 287 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 13,177 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 6,034 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 40,828 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Horseback Ride on the Beach & Alcatraz Prison Tickets
- Horseback Ride on the Beach & Alcatraz Prison Tickets will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Horseback Ride on the Beach & Alcatraz Prison Tickets on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Horseback Ride on the Beach & Alcatraz Prison Tickets on Tripadvisor
- Horseback Ride on the Beach & Alcatraz Prison Tickets price starts from AU$640.86. Discover and book Horseback Ride on the Beach & Alcatraz Prison Tickets on Tripadvisor
- Horseback Ride on the Beach & Alcatraz Prison Tickets cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Horseback Ride on the Beach & Alcatraz Prison Tickets on Tripadvisor