What you'll do
Explore the vibrant streets of San Francisco with a Local Host who is passionate about sharing the very best of the region's wines with you. Discover the city’s wine culture, learn how to pair wine with food and sample six red, white and rosé wines from the Napa and Sonoma Valleys, each glass accompanied by a plate, platter or taster of artisanal local produce.
You don’t have to journey out to Napa Valley to enjoy the region’s exquisite wines, or indulge in long and leisurely tastings which will give you a taste of California’s wine culture. Meander through the city and stop off at unique venues, where your Local Host will choose a different wine for you to try based on your tastes and preferences. Whether at an urban winery, a seafood eatery or a wine bar, you’ll discover the diversity of the regions’s wines and taste how good they are when paired with the right dish!
You’ll sample delicious wines and learn a little about how they’re made, but your experience won’t feel like a typical wine tasting experience reserved for connoisseurs; instead your Local Host will help you understand how drinking wine is part of the culture here, and you’re sure to end your experience with a new favourite wine as well as some new found knowledge about Californian wine.
San Francisco is home to some completely unique urban wineries, where you can have your Napa or Sonoma Valley experience in the heart of downtown San Fran! Your Local Host will take you to two distinct inner city wineries where you can enjoy a flight in their tasting room or sip a glass recommended by your Local Host, accompanied by a charcuterie platter.
As well as sampling boutique wines from the region’s vineyards in these urban wineries, visit a waterside eatery where you’ll be able to enjoy crisp New World whites like crisp Sauvignon Blancs and fruity Chardonnays alongside a platter of freshly caught oysters or crab, straight from the waters of The Bay.
What to expect
* Join a San Francisco Local Host who’s passionate about California’s Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley wines and sharing six of the best with you
* Sample 6 red, white and rosé wines which are distinct to the region, each paired with charcuterie, local breads and cheeses and the freshest seafood straight from The Bay
* Visit unique urban wineries where you can enjoy a glass of wine and learn a little about how it was made
* Your Local Host will share with you the secrets of pairing wine with food, and share with you how and why wine is part of the local culture
* Stroll through the city and soak up the atmosphere as you immerse yourself in its wine culture
* Your experience will be based around your tastes and preferences, and will help you discover local wines that you’ll love