What you'll do
On this customised experience eat your way around San Fransisco's eclectic foodie scene. With your specially selected Host, why not start by exploring Chinatown? Taste its best loved and most famous dishes as you stop at a bakery, a dim sum restaurant, traditional markets and food stores and a fortune cookie factory! Savour the flavours of Canton, Mandarin and Szechuan cuisine as you explore the neighbourhood with your hand-picked Host, who will help you weave amongst the traditional shops and restaurants, navigate the back streets and bustling main roads and take you to the most delicious spots along the way!
You’ll be able to try authentic dim sum like Shanghai dumplings and steamed bbq pork buns, visit the Eastern Bakery to try their moon cakes, and see what your fortune has in store for you when you visit a fortune cookie factory. Sip traditional tea and learn a little about this local custom before you try some perfectly cooked, salty and sweet Peking duck, Cantonese bbq buns and buttery egg tarts which have been made the same way for generations.
Next you can explore Little Italy in the city’s North Beach neighbourhood, tasting the authentic flavours of Italy and learning about the area’s history, which is as vibrant and buzzing today as it was 100 years ago! Your Host can introduce you to a bakery which has been run by the same family for generations. Here, you can watch the expert bakers at work, sip real Italian espresso and sample delicious olives, speciality meats and artisan olive oil.
As you stroll through the neighbourhood, your Host will share stories of the neighbourhood’s history with you, and you’ll discover how San Fran's food culture continues to be shaped by its immigrant communities. This experience is personalised and crafted around your individual needs meaning flexibility, consideration and attention to detail are assured.
* Discover San Francisco's food scene with a Host hand-picked to match your personality, needs and preferences
* Enjoy a fully customised experience, hand-crafted to suit your individual needs
* Enjoy 6-8 tastings of San Francisco specialities
* Enjoy a coffee and craft beer or soft drink
* Try authentic dim sum or other Chinese specialities in a local restaurant and visit the oldest bakery in Chinatown to sample egg tarts
* In Little Italy, try a couple of local dishes and visit a bakery and watch the bakers at work
* Sample some Italian coffee and the artisan products in a local deli
* Explore the streets of Chinatown and Little Italy and soak up the culture and history of the area
* Get to know your Host and get tips, tricks and recommendations for the rest of your stay in SF