Enjoy a 3-hour tour aboard Nebraska II around Gantheume Bay while encountering Humpback Whales and the abundance of marine life Kalbarri has to offer. These majestic giants migrate north to the warm waters for breading in June every year and are seen through August and September on their way back south to the colder seas to grow and mature. Each trip is a chance to see these magnificent creatures bask, play, and frolic, and you get the opportunity to get up close to these mental giants.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 34 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Coffee and/or Tea
- BYO food and drinks
- Departure details
- Kalbarri Maritime Facility, Kalbarri WA 6536, Australia The meeting point is in front of Jetty R located in car park behind playground.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 388362P3
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 34 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour?
- Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour price starts from AU$118.27. Discover and book Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour cancellation policy?
- Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour?
- Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour is hosted by Kalbarri Rock Lobster Tours and Charter. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Kalbarri Rock Lobster Tours and Charter on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kalbarri Whale Watching Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 388362P3
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atKalbarri Maritime FacilityKalbarri WA 6536, AustraliaThe meeting point is in front of Jetty R located in car park behind playground.See address & details
- Pass byRed BluffJakes Point
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Kalbarri Rock Lobster Tours and Charter
Joined in December 2020
#2 of 7 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Kalbarri
- Relax0391321291700Sunset CruiseIt was wonderful to see the cast line and gorges from the ocean side. The crew were very knowledgeable and helpful.it was very pleasant cruise and highly recommend
- bohdanb66600Great tripAn excellent commentary on the history and culture of rock lobster fishing The crew was excellent and at the end of the trip we had lobster to take home
- Y2187SEmarkb00Do ya self a favour - bookThe early morning tour was fantastic. Vaughn & Kate made everyone feel welcomed & share their knowledge from many years of expirence. Their passion for the Rock Lobster industry was incredible.
- GlennDownie00Perfect end to a day!!!Excellent service, communication. Flexible with weather. Great trip with beautiful views of cliffs and sunset. Left and arrived on time. Lovely lobster dip provided, including the recipe!!
- chriskO152KE00If you don’t know the difference between a lobster and a crayfish you probably need to do this tour!Kate and Vaughn were good value and great hosts. Very informative and interactive tour in a beautiful location. Well worth doing.
- dshtravels00Highly recommend!!Highly recommend this tour! Felt in the very safe hands of Kate and Vaughn. The boat is comfy, we went really close to see the cliffs and we saw whales and dolphins. Very smooth on the way back and the lobster dip was amazing!
- Rachel R00I would recommend going here and we would definitely go again.Great morning out on the boat. Very informative tour and we got to bring some lobsters home, we saw dolphins and whales..
- markmV8409ZC00Great Lobster TourGreat tour & very informative about the lobsters & how they are protecting the industry. The host were great
- H9385WImicheleb00Now that’s a Sunset CruiseVaughan and Katie were awesome from get go! His experience with getting us out of the inlet into the ocean isn’t easy but he made it seem so! I mean Kalbarri is just beautiful and having a good size boat to go out on which was clean and in great shape! Well done guys! Nice touch with the lobster dip too!!
- janetteb27100A MUST if you visit KalbarriWe actually did the the lobster pot tour followed by the sunset tour and today did a whale watching tour. Every tour absolutely fabulous!!! Katie and Vaughn were great!!!
- 511ct00Good value for moneyAwesome charter! Our guides were funny and easy going. Worth it! Even got to take some crayfish home.
- Z1814TXmichellel00Family road tripWe were visiting Kalbarri with family from the UK and wanted to experience something different. This tour did not disappoint. Communication was great, tour started on time and team were skilled and informative. The sunset was spectacular and seeing the coastline change was delightful. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting.
- Meander58850400Absolute must do in KalbarriEarly morning start. What an absolute delight our tour was. So much experience, knowledge, fun & information about lobster fishing. Vaughan & Kate were great. We had a fabulous time tasting lobster rolls & lobster bites on board as well as taking home a share of the spoils of the trip. Plus we saw extra wildlife on the way including sharks, seals, octopus & dolphins. Extremely well priced tour. Total value for money. Highly recommended! Thanks guys we’ve just enjoyed our lobster dinner thanks to your expert instructions on how to prepare our catch.
- BribieAnne00Thoroughly recommend the Sunset CruiseWe could not have enjoyed our cruise more. The view of the cliffs from the water was spectacular, with just enough commentary to inform and not intrude. We were lucky enough to see some mother whales snd calves. Great value for money, and the ability to bring our own wine and snacks even more so. Everything was very efficiently run, and the crew were friendly snd helpful.
- JennyColin12300The best cruise everFrom the welcome onboard to the end of the cruise. Skipper very knowledgeable, learnt so much about Rick lobsters. Food was yummy.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Jul. 2023 • Family
After doing the Rock Lobster Pot Pulling Charter (which we highly recommend) my family and I went on the whale watching charter, which was amazing! We saw a number of humpbacks both from a distance and a pod up close quite a few times as well. The crew were knowledgeable and did their utmost to seek out any activity in the water. Tea and coffee on board, lots of friendly Q&A. Be patient and you will reap the rewards of seeing these amazing mammals in their natural habitat. They frolicked and played in the water and almost enjoyed having us there it felt!!! An all round really lovely experience. We love Kalbarri!
Written 7 July 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.