Kayak through different eco systems from the forest of reeds in the lagoon to the sand spits, bush and farm land of the Bega River and finish where the River meets the sea. We’ll be going at a pace to suit the group’s experience level and have time to really enjoy the natural habitat with guests often spotting egrets fishing by the shallow waters, azure kingfishers perched on the ends of branches and possibly white bellied sea eagles flying above. There really is so much to see and experience along this beautiful lagoon and river system. Part way along we’ll land ashore to stretch our legs, enjoy a lovely morning tea and perhaps even a swim. Please contact us for private booking quote and availability.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 4-65, max of 8 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
- Kayaks, PDF, paddle
- Plunger coffee, black leaf tea and a selection of herbel tea bags, sugar and local full cream milk from Tilba dairy. We include seasonal fruit and a gluten free caramel slice and fruit juice.
- Professional guide
- Departure details
- 46 Blackfellows Lake Rd, Kalaru NSW 2550, Australia
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 335996P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Bega River Kayaking Tour?
- Bega River Kayaking Tour price starts from AU$151.06. Discover and book Bega River Kayaking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Bega River Kayaking Tour cancellation policy?
- Bega River Kayaking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Bega River Kayaking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Bega River Kayaking Tour?
- Bega River Kayaking Tour is hosted by Navigate Expeditions. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Navigate Expeditions on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Bega River Kayaking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Bega River Kayaking Tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Bega River Kayaking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 335996P1
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Joined in January 2022
#1 of 4 Outdoor Activities in Tathra
- V2414ZAamyb00Treasured Family MemoryWe organised to do a kayak tour with Navigate Expeditions down the Pambula River during our extended family holiday. It included adults of various physical capabilities as well as two children. Due to some unforeseen weather conditions, our guide had to make some last minute changes to our start time to ensure that we had the best time. She took care of everything! It was so nice not to have to be the one making all the decisions and organising everyone. She even brought along a birthday muffin and candles so that we could celebrate on our own secluded beach. The whole experience was amazing and such a treasured family memory.
- KazCI00Nature photography at its bestA wonderful morning amongst nature paddling the Pambula River. Beautiful scenery, great birds, watching people use the river and the best caramel slice. So good that we were able to paddle at our own pace allowing for all experience and fitness levels and photography, knowing that Jess was keeping an eye on us all.
- Beckyncoop00Kayaking in paradise !My girl friends & I had a fantastic morning with Jess on the STUNNING Pambula River. The water is absolutely beautiful, I couldn't resist a quick jump off my kayak mid tour ! Jess allowed us to pick our own pace & was really knowledgeable about the nature in the area. We stopped on a secluded beach for morning tea & all had a swim. It was such a beautiful way to spend quality time with the girls. Thanks Jess!
- traciep67400Pambula River Kayak TourWe had a lovely experience kayaking on the beautiful turquoise Pambula river. We were picked up from our motel in Merimbula and before too long we were out on the river. The river was crystal clear and just like the photos we had seen prior to the tour. The kayaks were great and the guide David was friendly and knowledgeable and pointed out lots of bird life, seeing sea eagles was an absolute highlight.
- Batgirl10200Amazing for the whole familyWe had a private kayak and oyster tour for a family group of 13 including 5 young kids (aged 2-8) and 2 older adults aged over 70 who can’t swim and had never kayaked. We were a little bit nervous prior but we needn’t have been. Our 2 fantastic guides Jess and Dave, made sure everyone was comfortable and provided heaps of assistance to get everyone going. The wet bags provided for our phones and other gear were very much appreciated. We then kayaked down the beautiful Pambula river with amazing scenery and lots of interesting info from our guides. We were a bit tired by morning tea time but greatly enjoyed the coffee and cakes at morning tea. The adults then followed on with the oyster shucking experience, which was informative, fun and with heaps of oysters for all!! Overall a very enjoyable experience for our entire group. Thanks for all the photos Jess and Dave!
- E6516IPtamarao00Family Friendly Kayak TourWe had a wonderful Kayak / paddle along the Bermagui River. Our guide David was friendly, knowledgeable and amazing with our two kids (one with disability). Morning tea and home made chocolate brownies were delicious and they even catered for GF /DF! The length was perfect and we loved learning about local wildlife. Would happily recommend.
- kimsU7301WC00Great kayaking day while docked in Eden on our cruiseWe had a great time kayaking on the Pambula River! We stopped at the port in Eden on our cruise and found this tour through a quick google search. Communication through the booking process was excellent and very prompt. Our guide for the day was fantastic. He provided transportation to/from the port and took an extra stop to show us a few additional sites since we had some extra time. On the kayaking trip, he pointed out a bunch of wildlife along the way and educated us about the oyster farming in the area, as we paddled through it. The kayaking was nice and peaceful — not too hard at all. The gear was great and they had dry bags for use if needed. The picnic/swimming spot was excellent and we had a nice snack before heading back. All in all, we really enjoyed our day and strongly recommend this tour and company to others looking for a nice experience in the area!
- Cathdeb12300Pambula riverThe location is amazing- the crystal clear water looked just like the pictures. We saw stingrays, shoals of fish, sea eagle nests, soldier crabs, medusa jellyfish, baby squid, large bream and more. And that was before the oysters which were delicious and we finally got instructions on how to open an oyster correctly. Our guide was excellent. It is quite a decently kayak - with a headwind coming back you need to be of moderate fitness. Highly recommended
- EGRAM1000Amazing Tour of Eden for Cruise Ship Guests!Our group of 6 was picked up at the port in Eden from our cruise ship on time with our fabulous tour guide Grant and our 4 hour tour did not disappoint! We saw so much of Eden, and had a fabulous picnic lunch. The owner, Jess, was extremely responsive when going through the booking and confirmation process, and will cater to your groups needs. Our group wanted to pack in as much as possible and we were back on the ship in time. I can't recommend this tour enough!
- kcarlton700Fantastic from start to finish.Everything went perfectly well, the weather, the company, the kayaks, the river, the superlative oysters. It was just a wonderful experience. Jess and Glen were so knowledgable and fun and Mel at Broadwater oysters was too.
- S8256RTmarys00Morning on the lakeA great way to experience the lake complete with very knowledgeable and obliging guide eager to share his love of kayaking and magnificent caramel slice at morning tea. Thanks Jess and David.
- BT11100Perfectly adjusted for the kidsA wonderful Kayak tour that was family friendly as promised. Our tour guide was friendly, knowledable and good with our two young kids. Morning tea was delicious and the route was ideal. Would happily recommend.
- JayeArmande00Oarsome!!!Thank you so much Jess, we had an amazing morning experiencing the joys of Bermagui River. Hospitality amd knowledge A+++. Highly recommended!!! The tour was catered to all ages and experiences.
- melissanM421FZ00Excellent, would do againJess from Navigate Expeditions led us on an amazing tour. She was incredibly knowledgeable of the local area's history, animal inhabitants and oyster harvesting. Kayaking was on the lovely Pembula river which was easy to do within the allotted time but also with plenty of time to just cruise along and enjoy nature. The oysters in the middle were absolutely delicious and we would go back!
- guinane100Kayak and Shuck - an interesting, fun and informative activity.We were gifted a Kayak and Shuck tour on the Pambula River, and what a wonderful present it was! I'm a first-time paddler and found it fun and not too difficult. Jess from Navigate Expeditionslooked after us and the tour included a 79 yr old gentleman who also enjoyed himself. We went to Broadwater Oysters where our friendly and enthusiastic guide, Mel gave us lots of information about oysters and then showed us how to shuck. We all had a turn and there were plenty to share as well as delicious regional tasting plates for those who were not oyster-eaters. Highly recommend this activity.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
We took a kayak tour on the Pambula River with our guide, Melinda. She was knowledgeable about the oyster industry that is common along the river and spent time pointing out evidence of First Nations' use of the river, as well as spotting a sea eagle nest for us. The morning tea provided was spectacularly delicious!
Written 14 January 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thank you so much for paddling with us along the Pambula River!
Written 17 January 2023
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.