Kids and adults will have fun time to explore Old Western Ghost Town, learn about history of silver mining and enjoy exciting attractions: old silver Maggie Mine, Mystery Shack, Gold Panning Adventure, and have a ride at old Odessa Rail Road.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Russian, English
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Calico Ghost Town
- Optional activities fees might include: $2-$4 per person
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- We will pick you up at any residential address within the city of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Burbank, Universal City, Anaheim, Long beach LAX airport, Cruise terminals and will drop you off at the designated hotel or address
- Los Angeles Intl Airport, 1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Long Beach Municipal Airport, 4100 Donald Douglas Drive, Long Beach, CA 90808
- Hollywood Burbank Airport, 2627 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505
- Los Angeles World Cruise Center, 100 Swinford St, San Pedro, CA 90731, USA
- Carnival Cruise Terminal - Long Beach, 231 Windsor Way, Long Beach, CA 90802, USA
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 74834P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
- How much is Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles?
- Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles price starts from AU$488.80. Discover and book Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
- What is the Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles cancellation policy?
- Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles?
- Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles is hosted by American Riviera Private Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact American Riviera Private Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 74834P2
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Calico Ghost TownStop: 3 hours - Admission includedCalico Ghost old west mining town located in a High Desert area of San Bernardino county that has been around since 1881 during the largest silver strike in California. With its 500 mines, Calico produced over $20 million in silver ore over a 12-year span. When silver lost its value in the mid 1890's Calico lost its population. The miners packed up, loaded their mules and moved away abandoning the town that once gave them a good living. It became a "ghost" town. Walter Knott purchased Calico in the 1950's architecturally restoring all but the 5 original building to look at as they did in the 1880's. Calico received State historical Landmark 782 and in 2005 was proclaimed by then Arnold Schwarzenegger to be California's Silver Rush Ghost Town. Numerous Western movies were filmed over the years at Calico Ghost Town: Cowboy Chinamen, Five Grand, The Hitcher, the Prowler, Ghost Ship and others. Guests will have about three hours to stroll a historical western town, visit old silver mine, ride in old rail car, do gold panning, and perhaps experience some paranormal activity in Mystery Shack. Have a wonderful lunch at one of the old Western Calico House Tavern (lunch is not included).Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
American Riviera Private Tours
#5 of 362 Shopping in Los Angeles
- Andrew D00Trip to L AWe had a great tour of Los Angeles from the Airport to our hotel, Yuri has a great knowledge of the area and other historical facts of the USA Thanks again Yuri Steve and Sheila Dickson
- Escape5927627339300Best Guide and Tour of LAWe had the best LA tour. We have done other tours so there were things that we did not care to see again and LA Travel Tours (American Riviera Tours) was able to customize our tour. We did everything we wanted and then some. Our tour guide Yuriy was fantastic. He was so informative and friendly. We had such a great time! I would recommend this tour company to anyone looking for a comprehensive tour of Hollywood and Los Angeles.
- Mobile6154970487100Los Angeles tourDid private los angeles tour with American Riviera Tours Yuriy was our tour guide he as so much knowledge of los angeles gave us so much information about the area los angeles is enormous but we managed to see all the important sights Yuriy took so many photos for us he was a great tour guide tour well worth the price i would recommend this tour if you don't have much time in Los Angeles good job American Riviera Tours.
- TheInnJoy00Private LA TourWe would highly recommend Yuriy and the LA tour! We enjoyed a detailed 5 hour tour of numerous LA locations. Yuriy was very knowledgeable, entertaining and prepared with umbrellas! He ensured we had lots of group pictures. He even took us to a great Brazilian BBQ for a meal. We really appreciated the last minute accommodation and the pickup and drop off at LAX. Thank you for an enjoyable afternoon!
- S6040IQkatiel00Great LA tour!We booked a private day tour of Los Angeles after coming back from a cruise. Yuriy was a wonderful tour guide and very informative. We went to all the major sights such as the Hollywood sign, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, the Walk of Fame and more. He allowed ample time to stop and take pictures. After our tour was complete, we were dropped off at LAX.
- Leon S00Great tour in LA!Uri is a great tour guide and showed us very interesting places in LA. We had a great time and enjoyed entertaining tour with knowledgable tour guide
- emily88300Excellent tourUsually I don't write reviews, but this time is exception. Would like highly recommend American Riviera tours and especially Yuriy. We had LA private tour and it was very relaxing and enjoyable. Yuriy for sure, knows a lot about the area and gladly shares with you.
- UnaH88100Superb, customised, tour of LAWhile on a cruise ex San Pedro, my family and I decided to try book a half day sightseeing tour of LA. between our cruise-end and our flight departure later that day. I contacted a number of tour companies but American Riviera Private Tours really impressed with their willingness to accommodate our needs and with their flexibility & trust in sorting out tour payment. We were met promptly by the wonderful Yuriy at the port. Our bags were loaded and we set off on an action packed 5-hour tour of the sights. Yuriy was very knowledgeable and entertaining throughout. Nothing was too much trouble and he was willing to do whatever it took to make our tour enjoyable. I would highly recommend this company - great value for money, flexible and fun!
- 880theresej00Santa Barbara wine and sceneryOutstanding trip, not just wine tasting but entire trip! We were picked up by our guide promptly and heading from north Hollywood to Vincent Winery. Journey was scenic and guide was extremely knowledgeable about the area. The winery was a real treat despite not being able to tour inside due to Covid restrictions. After the tasting, we headed to los Olivos fir lunch ( super cute village and delicious meal at Nella’s). Santa Barbara stop was also special, beautiful Spanish architecture! Great day!
- Dream3673754475000Vaccination Girls’ Trip 2021Girls’ Vaccination Vacation to Las Vegas with a day trip to L.A. April 2021!! Yuri was THEE BEST tour guide! He was patient with us and had a GREAT sense of humor which added to my 1st-timer L.A. experience! The sightseeing was fun and exciting along with Yuri’s history facts . He was fantastic!!
- angeliqueg66700Best Tour Guide EverThe tour guide was knowledgeable, entertaining and friendly. We saw all of the interest points and had time to sit and eat lunch. If I ever go back to LA and wanted a tour guide, this would be my choice!
- cherylsg111300Simply ExcellentI chanced upon American Riveria Tours on TripAdvisor and contacted Galina who provided prompt and helpful advice. Subsequently booked a few transfers and sightseeing tours with the company after reading all the positive reviews. Galina and Yuriy are simply awesome who provided excellent service. The tours were fun and interesting which were very much enjoyed by my family. Two thumbs up for the couple Highly recommended for anyone visiting Vegas/ LA/ San Diego. Galina and Yuriy are simply excellent!!
- Denise P00Tour of la la landWe are a group of 8 Girl Guiding members from UK on a whistle stop tour of La.What an amazing way to see as much as possible in a short time .Our tour guide Galina was very friendly and knowledgeable about all the places we visited.After picking us up promptly at our apartment ,she tailor made our trip taking us to all the main attractions and more that we wanted to see. We felt very safe and comfortable in her company. We can highly recommend Riveira tours and Galina to anyone,as we all thourougly enjoyed our trip which was great value for money. Thank you Galina for making our trip so memorable .
- susan s006 hour LA bus tourWe took the LA tour with Yuri last Tuesday April 23,2019. We were 10 people and we had a very comfortable van stocked with water for us. We were picked up very promptly at our hotel and we were given first class treatment.Yuri discussed everything we wanted to see and accommodated us completely. He gave us a thorough update on all things LA and California. He played games with us and made sure we got everything done! It was a fabulous day! I would also like to thank Galina for providing me with information about things to see and where to stay. This is a wonderful company and I recommend it highly!
- adrval00Private tour of LA in 6 hoursExcellent tour of LA in one day pickup at hotel Yuriy was our driver/guide very knowledgeable great stories a good driver visited hollywood blvd, beverly hills, drove down rodeo drive, farmers market for lunch, santa monica pier would definitely recommend