Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
7 Nights 8 days tours allows you to visit five different places in Bhutan i.e. Paro, Thimphu, Wangdue, Punakha and Gangtey. All these places are very beautiful and rich in terms of Bhutanese culture and has many important historical sites. This tour package also contains ‘Hiking Tour’ on the fourth and on the seventh day. Hike to ‘Paro Taktshang, is one of the most popular hiking tour Bhutan amongst tourists.
- All internal taxes and service charge
- Bhutan Government Royalty of US$65 per night per person
- Visa fee of $40 per person
- Twin sharing hotel Rooms at 3 star hotels
- All Meals (breakfast ,lunch and dinner) at 3 star hotels
- Service of a professional and a licensed Bhutanese speaking English Guide
- Refreshments (tea, coffee and snacks)
- All transfers and sightseeing/treks/tours within Bhutan
- Riding ponies and pack animals on treks
- Trekking equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- Mineral drinking water
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- SURCHARGES For Solo Traveler: $ 40 per night. For Two Person Traveler: $ 30 per person per night. No Surcharge Applicable for Group of 3 and More.
- Excess baggage charges
- Wire transfer fee for transferring money to Bhutan
- Bar bills
- Travel Insurance
- Other Personal Expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What’s happening to your “Cash” after you have transferred?
- Once you have transferred your funds, we will transfer your money to Tourism council of Bhutan's account and will not be released to Yahweh Tours and treks until your tour have taken place. So your money stays safe in the Government's account and once your tour gets over, the government will release all the funds to our company’s account.
- Note - If you are planning to visit Bhutan, we would suggest you to confirm your tour, 2 to 3 months in advance.
- 7 Nights 8 days tours allow you to visit five different places in Bhutan i.e. Paro, Thimphu, Wangdue, Punakha, and Gangtey. All these places are very beautiful and rich in terms of Bhutanese culture and have many important historical sites. This tour package also contains ‘Hiking Tour’ on the fourth and on the seventh day. Hike to ‘Paro Taktshang, is one of the most popular hiking tour in Bhutan amongst tourists. Read our detailed Tour itinerary to understand what you will do in this 8 days tours.
- You will be received at the Paro airport
- Visit Paro Ta Dzong- Paro Taa Dzong is built on the hill top facing the Paro town and was constructed to use as a watchtower in ancient days
- Visit Paro Rinpung Dzong -Rinpung means “heap of jewels” was fist built by Padma Sambhava at the beginning of tenth century and was later rebuilt by Ngawang Namgyel. In the past, this fortress has been successfully in serving as a defense against Tibetan invasion
- Visit Drugyal Dzong -Drugyal Dzong is also one the oldest Dzong in Bhutan and this fortress was strategically built to protect from Tibetan Invasions. Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel built this fortress in the year 1649 to celebrate the victory against the combined forces of Tibet-Mongol armies and the name “Drugyal” means “the fortress of the victorious Drukpa’s”
- Visit Handicraft Shops-Visit some Handicrafts shops in Paro
- Drive to Thimphu - Explore the Thimphu City-Thimphu is the Capital city of Bhutan which is situated in the western part of the country. The place is rich in culture and tradition amidst the fast development occurring every day.
- Visit Tashi Chhoe Dzong.
- This marvelous fortress was built by Lama Gyalwa Lhanapa. The Dzong houses the office of the King, the cabined secretariat, ministry of home affairs and finance and also other government departments.
- Visit Bhutanese Craft Bazaar
- It is a handicraft market in Thimphu which is acquainted with unique arts and crafts of the country. It will indeed take you to the different world exhibiting its own beauty and charm.
- Visit Buddha Dordenma Statue
- It is a massive Shakyamuni statue built on the hill top of Kuenselphodrang which is 51.5 meters in height and is made up of bronze and gold . It is one of the largest statue in the world. This great statue also houses over one hundred thousand small Buddha statues. I bet that you will be startled to gaze at this gigantic statue right in front of you.
- Visit Bhutan Post Office
- Bhutan post office is located in the heart of Thimphu city. This is one exciting place to visit as there is unique collection of Bhutanese stamps and you will get to explore about Bhutan’s history from these stamps as well.
- Visit Museum
- Thimphu has Many Museums. Each artifact in the museum has its own stories to tell which you would love to listen to.
- Visit Royal Textile Academy
- Simply Bhutan Museum
- National Folk Heritage
- National Textile Museum
- Visit Dochula Pass
- Visit Do Chula pass on the way to Punakha which is placed 3100 meters above the sea level. There are about 108 sacred stupas or temples being build out there. Gangkar Puensum, the highest peak in Bhutan is seen from the Dochula Pass.
- Visit Punakha Dzong
- Punakha Dzong is the second largest and one of the most beautiful dzongs in Bhutan. It was build by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel as prophesied by Guru Rinpochhe.This Dzong is built at the confluence of Po Chhu and Mo chhu.
- Visit Chimi Lhakhang- Is a popular Buddhist monastery built around 1499 by Ngawang Chogyal in honor of Lama Drukpa Kuenley who is also known as a “divine madman” after he subdued the demon of the Dochula with his “magic thunderbolt of wisdom”. He is called a “Divine madman because of his unusual ways of teaching Buddhism by means of singing, humor and outrageous behavior, which amounted to being bizarre, awful and with sexual overtones.
- Hike to Gangtey or beautiful Phobjika Valley. The best time to visit this place is during winter as you can see Black necked cranes all over this magnificent valley. You can also see Yaks grazing on the mountains before entering the valley. They have migrated from higher attitude to spend winter here because of the extreme cold weather in the northern Bhutan.
- This beautiful monastery is built on a spur at an elevation of 3,000 meters facing the beautiful vast U-shaped glacial Phobjika valley. This beautiful wide Phobjika valley is surrounded by mountains and is home to black-necked cranes. Black- necked cranes, the endangered species fly to this valley from Tibet during winter and return to Tibet during summer. Gangtey treks is the most popular tourist attraction in the Phobjika valley and covers the Gangtey Goenpa.
- Visit-Wangdue phodrang Dzong and sightseeing- This beautiful Dzong was built by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel around 1638 on a high ridge between two rivers i.e. Puna tsang Chhu and dang chhu. The Dzong was built to prevent incursions from south. The Dzong was caught by fire in the year 2012 . It is currently under renovation and to be completed in 2021.
- Drive back to Paro
- Paro Taktshang is one of the most prominent tourist destinations of the country and your trip would be tedious without visiting this most important Buddhist temple. Taktshang which mean “Tiger’s nest” was built around 1692 on a cliff which is about 3120 meters above the sea level. It is located 10 km away from Paro town and will take at least 2-4 hours for trekkers to reach the spot. You can even have an exhilarating uphill ride on a rented horse . It is believed that Guru Rinpoche came riding on a tigress to this site and meditated in the cave for 3 years, 3 months, 3 days and 3 hours so as to subdue evil spirits dwelling in that region. He was indeed victorious which is why Taktshang was built to signify the victory over the evil spirit. There is a Taktshang cafeteria which serves tea, lunch, snacks and fruit drinks at a reasonable price as well.
- We will drop you at the airport.
- Kadhenchey la!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Yahweh Tours & Treks
Made a last minute decision to go to Bhutan, which was not easy to do. Gagan Mongar and his family and crew put tog…
- Duration: 8 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently Asked Questions about 7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours
How much is 7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours?
7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours price starts from AU$2,980.56. Discover and book 7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours on Tripadvisor
What is the 7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours cancellation policy?
7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours?
7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours is hosted by Yahweh Tours & Treks. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Yahweh Tours & Treks on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 7 Nights 8 Days Cultural cum Hiking Tours on Tripadvisor