Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
The chasmic valleys and towering peaks of Simien Mountains National Park are a beacon of wildlife conservation, sheltering rare species such as the Walia ibex and Simien fox. Though UNESCO-listed in 1978, the park remains off the beaten track, providing active sightseers an authentic glimpse of Ethiopia’s natural heritage.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Simien Mountains National ParkStop: 6 hours - Admission includedWe will meet you in the morning at Gondar Airport or your hotel in Gondar. Drive from Gondar to Debark, which is the headquarter town for the national park. We will stop here to get a permission to enter to the park and meet the scout. We will have tea and coffee break and visit the local market if we have time. The local market is open every day, and every Wednesday and Saturday is the big market day. From Debark town, we will drive to the park gate, which is about 16km from the town. Then, we are heading about 10km to Sankaber camp, which is the first camping site in the national park. From Sankaber camp, we will trek for about 3 hours. You will trek along the edge with stunning views over the foothills 800m below. The trail passes most vegetated area in the park through a low bush of Giant Heather, Abyssinian Rose, Oliveria, and Globe Thistle. You will most certainly encounter troops of the endemic gelada baboons and see them up-close. You may also see Klipspringer, bushbuck, rock hyrax in the steep rocky and wooded slopes. Leopards live around here and you may have a chance to spot a leopard. The highlight of the trek is Jinba waterfalls, an incredible 500m sheer drop, the longest fall in Ethiopia. From the viewpoint opposite, you will see the different voltures such as Griffen Volture, Hooded Volture, Whitebacked Volture, Lappet-faced vulture and Lammergeyer along the cliff. Lammergeyer is one of the biggest bird prey in the world and feeds bone marrow. This area is the best place for lammergeyer to break the bone. This area is also good to see different small birds such as one of the Ethiopian endemic bird- Abyssinian Catbird. After the sightseeing, we get back to the main road (the place called Kavamesk) where the car stops to drive us to Gondar or Axum.Read more
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional Guide
- Scout fee
- Entry/Admission - Simien Mountains National Park
- Services which are not listed on the inclusion
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Simien Tour and Travel
They have great guides, They know all about the flora and fauna of the simiens, are friendly, and professional. We…
unblievable and unique
they arranged our 2 days hike in the Simiens mountains and a day trip to Bahar Dar. Everything was carefully planne…
My wife & I spent full day sightseeing around Lalibela with team.Lalibela was great. I did not expect to be so impr…
We did two days trekking in Simien mountain. Amazing people and beautiful culture. It was challenging and magnifice…
I went on 2 days trek in the Simien mountains with team.Amazing place,plants,scenery,animals and beautiful cultures…
I did two days trek in the simien,The trip with Simien tour and travel was awesome.It was well organised,the food w…
The trip had everything, awesome landscape every animal you would wish to see in the semen mountain, including an E…
I took a part with other travelers a 3 days trekking to the Simien mountains.There were respectful and very kind t…
- Duration: 6–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Day trek to Simien Mountains
What time does Day trek to Simien Mountains start?
Day trek to Simien Mountains will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Day trek to Simien Mountains on Tripadvisor
How much is Day trek to Simien Mountains?
Day trek to Simien Mountains price starts from AU$224.76. Discover and book Day trek to Simien Mountains on Tripadvisor
What is the Day trek to Simien Mountains cancellation policy?
Day trek to Simien Mountains cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Day trek to Simien Mountains on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Day trek to Simien Mountains?
Day trek to Simien Mountains is hosted by Simien Tour and Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Simien Tour and Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Day trek to Simien Mountains on Tripadvisor