9.00 - 9.30 am
• Visit the historical and colourful Bo-Kaap houses to learn about how this mixed community helped shape South Africa, and influenced the South African culture and language
9.45 - 10.30 am
• Continue to District Six, and visit the living museum. that incorporates memories of this once mixed community and the forced removals it incurred.
11.00 - 11.45 pm
• Stop in Langa Township visit Gugu S’Thebe Arts & Cultural Centre, and embark on a walking tour with a local registered guide, that will provide insight into the community, learn of the Dompas system under Apartheid.
12.15 - 12.45 pm
• An opportunity for a short lunch break (Sandwiches or packaged lunches)
13.00 - 16.30 pm
• Depart from the old harbour (V&A) for your trip to Robben Island via ferry, for a guided coach tour of the island where late former president Nelson Mandela was incarcerated.