9.00 - 10.00 am
• Visit the historical region of Constantia, learning about its history and unique stories that have captivated people for centuries. Your first stop takes you the homesteads of Lady Anne Barnard passing the first Commanders farm of Bosheuwel
10.15 - 11.30 am
• Visit the original homestead of the first Governor of the Cape at Groot Constantia. Tour the Manor house of 1685 and the old cellar showcasing many historical artifacts, laid out across a timeline of the Cape. Enjoy a wine tasting of white, red and desert wines that were popular with royalty and heads of states for centuries.
12.00 - 14.30 pm
• Enjoy a lunch break at Uitsig Heritage Park, and take the opportunity to visit the Norval Art Foundation
15.00 - 15.45 pm
• Visit the Tokai Manor, and pass Pollsmoor where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned. Visit the Steenberg wine farm, learn of unique stories of pioneering woman of the past including that of Catharina Michelse.
16.00 - 17.00 pm
• Visit the Alphen Manor home to the Cloetes, learn of Dr Barry, and travel back along the Atlantic seaboard, your guide providing rich stories of the past and insight into this regions uniqueness