Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- You'll start atMount Roberts Tramway490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USAJUNEAU MEETING PLACE: On the sidewalk, under the cables of the Mt. Roberts Tram. When you arrive at the meeting area, look for the Alaska Travel Adventures tour representative. They will be wearing a red jacket/shirt and a red hat. Look for our distinctive Caribou logo.See address & details
- 1Mendenhall LakeStop: 3 hoursBe among the select few allowed to travel by canoe for an unprecedented experience near the face of the majestic Mendenhall Glacier under a limited U.S. Forest Service permit. Paddle across Mendenhall Lake, navigating past icebergs, surrounded by one of the most scenic and naturally beautiful locations you’ll find anywhere. Birds including arctic terns nest on the shoreline, and eagles, goats, salmon and bears may also be seen. You will venture within a safe distance of the massive, awe-inspiring face of the living Mendenhall Glacier, and skirt the base of the beautiful and powerful Nugget Falls, where you’ll head ashore to refuel for the return paddle with a snack of Alaskan-style fare. You’ll make your trip in a traditional Alaska Native-style canoe, an exceptionally stable 15 to 20 passenger watercraft. Because of the close approach to the glacier face, the Forest Service tightly controls the number of participants. Only a lucky few get to experience this one-of-a-kind adventure.Read more
- You'll end atMount Roberts Tramway490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USAJUNEAU MEETING PLACE: On the sidewalk, under the cables of the Mt. Roberts Tram. When you arrive at the meeting area, look for the Alaska Travel Adventures tour representative. They will be wearing a red jacket/shirt and a red hat. Look for our distinctive Caribou logo.See address & details
Mount Roberts Tramway, 490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Necessary Equipment (rain gear, life jackets, boots)
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Souvenirs (available for purchase)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Children 13 to 17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate without a parent or guardian
- Minimum weight: 40lbs
- Maximum weight: approx 350lbs.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We paddled across the lake with novice paddlers. Weather changed from cloudy to clear to drizzly. We saw It all. Wonderful opportunity to get up close to the glacier and the waterfall. The glacier is truly blue.
Date of experience: September 2019
If you want a water experience that gets you close to the Mendenhall glacier, this excursion will not disappoint. We saw a Bald Eagle in a tree close to the shoreline as well. The glacier, lake and waterfall are stunning and beautiful.
Date of experience: August 2019
We had an amazing canoe adventure with David! The day was so fun and the views were unbeatable! I hope I can go back again someday.
This excursion was amazing! A big shout out to our guide David! He took 17 armatures and 2 with some experience and had us performing as if we had done this our entire lives! The views close up to the Mendenhall Glacier and Nuget Waterfalls were awesome! It’s something I will…
Date of experience: September 2019
We thoroughly enjoyed our canoe outing on Mendenhall Lake over Labor Day weekend. David, our guide, was personable, knowledgeable and accommodating in every way. Our up-close view of the glacier was stunning, the snack break at Nugget Falls provided great photo ops, and the…
Date of experience: September 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Alaska Travel Adventures
The gold panning was fun and we found gold and garnet. after panning was taken to open pit all you can eat salmon a…
Nice way to finish a busy day
The Salmon bake was a nice relaxing way to finish off a busy day of touring. We were dropped off from our tour and …
We loves this excursion, we got to drive the jeep and see so much in mountains of Ketchikan, from the rain forest t…
Great View, Lots of Bald Eagles!
Our tour guide did an amazing job! It was an informational tour and we saw a lot of beautiful sights, however with …
A little disappointed
Food was okay but not what we expected. The first salmon bake we went to was an excursion from the ship. It was muc…
Juneau salmon bake review
Went there after our bus excursion. Don’t know if the cooks were on strike, or if there were a bunch of newbie co…
Last trip of the Year
We had a perfect October day for this. Water was up, rapids were excellent, bald eagle sitting on a rock in the riv…
Sara and Captain Alex were great hosts but the Orcas stole the show by playing with the boat!
Fantastic whale watching adventure! The orcas were all around the boat by their choice as we had stopped and they …
Lot of Fun
They provided clothing and boots to keep you dry, which wasn't the easiest to get on and then the life jacket compo…
Really nice acitivity
In spite of the long drive in the rain to get there, this turned out to be a really nice tour (booked through a cru…
Whale Watching and Salmon Bake
THIS COMPANY IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM. Today is my wedding anniversary and the first and only …
Great guides, great fun as a shore excursion
Team and guides were lots of fun and knowledgeable about area and forests. Anyone who likes driving off road will l…
A Must Do!
I spent the whole summer traveling all around Alaska and this was definitely my favorite experience! You get to dri…
A whole lot of whales and good food
Had a great time on our whale watching trip with Christine and Terry. Saw quite a few whales. Then went to the salm…
Sam was a great guide. Lots of Enthusiasim and Fun. The clam chowder, salom spread, gold fish and hot coco was a …
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently Asked Questions about Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure
How much is Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure?
Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure price starts from AU$255.12. Discover and book Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure on Tripadvisor
What is the Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure cancellation policy?
Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure?
Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure is hosted by Alaska Travel Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Alaska Travel Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure?
On average, this experience will take approximately 3h 30m. Discover and book Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure on Tripadvisor