per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Meets animal welfare guidelines
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Hotel pick and drop off,
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle,
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffeur,
- 1 Jeep Safari in Udawalawe National Park,
- Entry/Admission - Udawalawe National Park
- Food and Drinks,
- Entrance Tickets to the Udawalawe National Park.
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Departure Point: Your hotel in Tangalle
- Tangalle, Sri Lanka Your Hotle In Tangalle
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16052P423
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle?
- Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle price starts from AU$138.81. Discover and book Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle on Tripadvisor
- What is the Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle cancellation policy?
- Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle?
- Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle is hosted by Lakpura LLC. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Lakpura LLC on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 8h. Discover and book Udawalawe National Park Safari from Tangalle on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16052P423
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atTangalleOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Udawalawe National ParkStop: 3 hours - Admission includedYou will be starting your tour from Tangalle at 12:00 pm. Your chauffeur will be picking you up from your hotel and driving you to Udawalawe. You will reach the Udawalawe by 2:30 pm, proceed to Udawalawe National Park where you will meet your safari jeep to go on a lovely jeep safari. Enjoy a three-hour safari which would give you a chance to explore the amazing Udawalawe National Park. Travel through the marshes, forests, and grasslands of the park that was created as a sanctuary for wildlife in the 1970s. See the water birds and Sri Lankan elephants for which the park is famed. Catch glimpses of the other mammals and birds, as well as the reptiles, amphibians, and butterflies. After the safari, you will return to your vehicle and you’ll get back to the hotel by 9:00 pm, completing your tour.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Joined in April 2013
#32 of 772 Transportation in Colombo
- gldboxer00Never received ticketsTickets never advised. We were told a refund would occur. We are still waiting for a refund and have had no further contact.
- Vacation0369009873300Spitzenmäßige Safari!The trip was absolutely amazing! The crew was super spontaneous and made my safari unforgettable. Thank you again for everyhing.
- vijaysingh n00Don’t visit not so attractive this kind safari free of cost we watch in our country in indiaNot very good exciting safari very ltd elephant and animals it’s not dense forest the entry tickets is too much high prices taken by gov 30 usd waste of time & money
- Catherine B00Ballooning over Sigiriya- serene, sublime!Booked the balloon flight after watching Justin and team on recent UK Channel 4 programme when he took up Alexander from Pointless show! The whole experience from hotel pick up to final landing and champagne cheers at end was fantastic! The opportunity to experience the trip with Justin was one of the highlights of our trip- the sunrise and serenity was sublime and memory will stay with us forever! Justin was great in navigating a route which exposed us to views of village life, the topography and flaura and fauna, bird and wild life! It literally blew us away- felt safe throughout the trip and such good value for money! Personable pleasurable and a privilege to spend the time with Justin doing what he loves best! Don’t miss this opportunity if you can take it!
- srilankaecot00As of now, it looks like your favourite park will remain open throughout 2023! While visitors may be familiar with the pAs of now, it looks like your favourite park will remain open throughout 2023! While visitors may be familiar with the park usually being closed in September, no such decision to close the park this year has been made. Any decision to close the park, if at all, will be if a severe drought occurs. So, let’s hope for the best!
- 850imrea00Best bird species TV!Exotic, very rich in species. Very good guide, with great knowledge. You should visit it to see the beauty and harmony that the lagoon offers!
- asiefer0010 out of 10. Our driver Upul & Lakpura made our trip so easy and fun. Well worth the $My wife and I went to Sri Lanka for our Honeymoon. First of all, what an amazing country. Second we hired a car and driver with Lakpura for our entire trip and I would not have done it any other way. What a great value, so convenient and worry free with the freedom to go wherever and whenever we liked. We even took the train from Ella to Kandy and our driver was waiting for us at the station. We had a great car and were comfortable the entire time. Even with 2 large suitcases, 1 small one and our carry-ons. What made it so great was our driver Upul was the best. So eager to share any information, great communication, professional and even took us to a couple of cool sights we didn't even know existed.
- LoveTravel63471700Nice and quite Holiday near the BeachCalm Beach Hotel is nice place to stay. We we on a tour organised by Sunway Holidays in Negombo. They Choose this place for us. It's bit quite this time of the year. Resort is situated near the beach we have acces to the beutiful beach any time of the day. Staff is very friendly. Most of the staff members were quite shy. But if you ask a any things they are helping Happily. This tour to celibrate our 40th wedding annivaersary, they gave us a surprise by decorating our bed saying Happy Annivasary wriiren with coconut leaves. We really impressed. There is not much gusts ( due to off seasion) there wasn't bufat breakfast, lunch or dinner. We gor few option of manu to choose . Food was avarage. Incharge of the dining room Dhammika is very friendly and willing to help. Asking to bring extra food , tea or coffee. We got a special offer for full body massage. It was a excellent massage.
- Mr_Rob100Great safari park, go as early in the morning as you can.Great safari park. Worth a visit. The earlier the better. For example crocodiles and big cats are better seen at dawn.
- G9111OFanneh00A great opportunity to learn more about Budda and the philosophy of Buddhism.Interesting visit with the philosophy of Buddhism explained in English, on the panels within the Temple. All visitors are expected to remove shoes prior to entry to the grounds. Temple guides offer to show you around and will expect a large tip from western travellers. I was advised 200/300 rupees was an acceptable amount. Flowers can be purchased to offer as an act of respect within the temple. Amazing architecture, and worth visiting the museum if you have time. We went on a sunday and Kandy and the temple were very busy. There is a high level of interest in western travellers and be prepared to have your photo taken with large family groups of local people! This temple is well worth a visit.
- Maps2906863102900An amazing safari!Amazing! Lucky enough to see elephants, a leopard, cobra, python, crocodile and buffaloes. Fantastic tour and highly recommend.
- Mobile2143106936400Great safariGreat Safari despite the rain. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the various animals and birds we saw. The elephants were definitely the highlight
- YoniG00very nice tourit's a 90-minute boat ride in the mangroves of the Madu River with stops at a cinnamon farm (very interesting) a Buddhist shrine and a fish spa. if you are lucky you might spot some Water Monitors
- 214dexs00Chamara is the man!!! Best tour ever!We had the best time with Chamara. He is a really down-to-earth dude who was funny and knowledgeable about the reserve's wildlife (his English was perfect too). He pointed out animals we would have never seen otherwise. At one point, we had 2 families of elephants all to ourselves bathing in the mud and drinking water (one baby fake charged us & did the trumpet noise). Be sure to ask him about male elephants during mating season- he has some stories! He brought sandwiches for our mid-day lunch that were surprisingly delicious. Near the end of the tour, he saw what was likely a leopard in the distance walking along the road before it turned away into the bush. They're a very rare sight, so we spent a good amount of time trying to track it to no avail (it was still very exciting and fun). Overall, the experience alone was 100% worth flying across the planet for, but Chamara made it even better. If you can choose your guide, choose Chamara.
- Trail1615693624200Great adventure and memories!Great experience a lot of elephant families! Lahiru helped us also to arrang the cheaper and good transportation to the Safari Park and found lot of elephants and other animals too. The safari trip took 4 hours so we had enough time to admire the animals. No rush. You can observe animals as long as you want. Thank you Lahiru Prasad for the the great memories you gave us.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
We booked this tour from Tangalle, the pick up and drop off from our hotel was great and the 3 hour tour around Udawalawe park was incredible. We saw families of elephants, crocodiles, monkeys and eagles. Our guide was very knowledgable and got us close to the animals without bothering them. The baby elephants were a real highlight
Written 14 May 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Ref: J17637 Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your experience and the service that Lakpura offered you. It was our pleasure to make the necessary arrangements and organize the perfect tour for you. Hope to have you again here in Sri Lanka
Written 8 June 2018
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.