Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Attari, an army post on the Indo-Pakistan border and venue for the flag lowering ceremony which takes places every day during sunset. Soldiers from both countries march in perfect drill, going through the steps of bringing down their respective national flags. As the sun goes down, nationalistic enthusiasm rises and lights are switched on marking the end of the day amidst thunderous applause. The National Anthem chanting, rounds of applause and tremendous energy in the air make this an unforgettable experience.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Wagah BorderStop: 3 hoursMeet your tour guide at the lobby of your hotel who will drive you to Attari border to witness the “Retreat Ceremony”. After about an hour’s drive arrive at the destination and walk towards the sitting area specially dedicated for the foreign tourists. The events starts with music and cultural programs performed by local folk dancer. After the performance the flag lower ceremony begins. Soldiers from both countries march in perfect drill, going through the steps of bringing down their respective national flags. As the sun goes down, nationalistic fervour rises and lights are switched on marking the end of the day amidst thunderous applause. The National Anthem chanting, rounds of applause and tremendous energy in the air make this an unforgettable experience.Read more
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private local English speaking guide
- All current applicable taxes
- Air ticket to travel within India
- Pre & Post accommodation and meals
- Items of personal nature such as tips, gratuity to chauffeur and guide
- Still or Video Camera Fees
- Any items / services not specifically mentioned in the price includes section
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A minimum of 1 people per booking
- The duration of sightseeing is approximate and will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
It is wonderful Ceremony to be present at Attari border when the retreat Ceremony takes place. Nice national fervor
Date of experience: January 2020
Well worth Visiting. Makes an Indian proud to be there. Good showmanship on both sides keeps the crowd going. Friendly soldiers who obliged for photos readily and smiling.
I had heard a lot about this and made it a point to attend this ceremony as soon as I could ! The Attari-Wagah border is about 30km from Amritsar, about a 40-45 minute drive. There are many tour operators offering a round trip from Amritsar, but we had our own Innova for the 5…
Date of experience: November 2019
Must visit if you are planning to teach your kids about BSF and India Pakistan relationship.Definitely gives patriotic feeling. AVOID Sunday or holidays as queue is quite long and you might not get perfect view. Handbags or anything apart from small wallet is not allowed…
Date of experience: September 2019
Every one tells that they visit Wagha border but actually Indian side of the border is called 'Attari' & Wagha isvthe Pakistan side of border. One army person motivates the whole crowd. Each one in the crowd gets literally feverish while Chanting words of national fervor. Only…
Date of experience: July 2019
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: WRJ Holidays
The Sun Temple at Modhera is very impressive. Highly recommended for tourists visiting Ahmedabad to include this in…
Just amazing feeling
Simply amazing! The overall atmosphere... from entry to exit is devotional... total dedication of people. Seeing is…
One of the most memorable days of my life. I was blown away. It was such a privilege to see these ancient works of …
Very bad place to visit and i will go to this place in future. Please unsubscribe me from your system and immediate…
Be careful what you book
We booked this tour months in advance. Looking forward to traveling to India in style. Dates were locked in, air fa…
Odynovo(Odyssey) tours were outstanding with a great venue
Queenie Yang was the sales rep and allowed us to customize a 19 day tour of India,Bhutan, and Nepal. The 6 of us s…
The evening or early morning visit to Golden Temple is like you are watching Heaven on Earth. It looks so beautiful…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Private Sightseeing Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar
What time does Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar start?
Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar will start at 3:00 PM. Discover and book Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar on Tripadvisor
How much is Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar?
Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar price starts from AU$79.32. Discover and book Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar on Tripadvisor
What is the Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar cancellation policy?
Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Flag Ceremony at Attari from Amritsar on Tripadvisor