Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Get to know Alabama's biggest city and gain insight into Southern history with this tour of Birmingham’s most important historic sites. Learn more about the Civil Rights Movement as you visit key sites such as Kelly Ingram Park; discover Birmingham’s industrial history at the Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark and Birmingham's Railroad Park; and find out about the city’s passion for baseball at the Negro Southern League Museum.
- You'll start at1600 1st Ave S1600 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233, USAWe meet in front of the Railroad Park signSee address & details
- 1Birmingham's Railroad ParkStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 2Negro Southern League MuseumStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 3Alabama Peanut CompanyStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 4Heaviest Corner on EarthStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 5Sloss Furnaces National Historic LandmarkStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 6Kelly Ingram ParkStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 7Civil Rights DistrictStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 816th Street Baptist ChurchStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 9Legion FieldStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 10Rickwood Field ParkStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byAlabama Theatre
See 1 more stop
- Multiple stops and photo ops around Birmingham
- Magnificent views of Birmingham from the Railroad Park
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off in Birmingham
- Small-group tour with a maximum of six people
1600 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- All activities
- Air conditioned transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within downtown Birmingham
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to significant weather (hurricane, tornado, or ice), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Any sight temporarily closed will be substituted with another sight in town
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Excellent tour! Clay is a fantastic tour guide! We learned a lot about the history of Birmingham and other little known facts. Clay is passionate about his work and strives to provide an excellent experience for his guests. If you come to Birmingham, you’ll want to sign up…
Date of experience: November 2020
Red Clay Enterprises are professional and knowledgeable. Our guide, Clay, enjoys his job and made it fun and interesting for us. We drove to different sights throughout the city and then walked around learning facts and history. I highly recommend this tour. It is the best…
Date of experience: October 2020
Best tour I ever took. Clay loves Birmingham, good and bad. Appreciated his passion. Although I hope he can learn to enjoy the college football playoffs
Date of experience: March 2020
My husband found out about this natl historical landmark that explains the history of the iron industry in Birmingham. Inside movie and gift shop. Outside walking trail weaves in and out of the old factory. If weather is cool, take a jacket! Very interesting part of the city’s…
Clay enterprises, father and son tour business. Brilliant, this particular tour run by the son and like the father very informative, whilst taking us around full of interesting information and facts and they also welcome any info that they hadn't covered, very obliging when…
Date of experience: December 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Red Clay Tours
Best Civil Rights Tour
Excellent tour! We learned so much and covered a lot of ground. We highly recommend you take this tour when you’r…
You should not miss this tour if you are visiting Birmingham
Clay is one of the best tour guides we have had the pleasure to tour with. He was objective and did an amazing jo…
Amazing tour. So much heart and soul put into this tour. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.
A Top 5 Must Do in Birmingham
My mom and I absolutely loved spending the morning on the Birmingham Civil Rights Tour. We are native to the area, …
Great experience and very informative
I really like this tour! It was very informative. I learned a lot about the fight for civil rights in Birmingham.
We received a personal, educational and emotional tour of the Birmingham Civil Rights era. Our guide took us to pl…
Great Thing To Do@
Tour guide knew his history and was passionate about it. Could answer all questions. This tour drives you to parts…
Amazing and valuable experience!
Mike was a great tour guide! highly recommend this tour guide and company! Worth every penny! Loved!
It was a fabulous tour. Our guide Mike was knowledgeable about the area and provided narration regarding the histo…
A must if visiting!
Mike was a great guide and know his history. With Covid 19 still messing up our way of life, the tour continues. …
Great tour of Birmingham
Even though COVID prevented us from going IN a variety of buildings, this was a wonderful 3-hour tour. Some of th…
One of the best civil rights tours in a long time!
The tour was sensational! There is a lot of history - not all of it good, but it was presented in an sensitive yet…
Civil Rights Tour With Clay
Clay was a very passionate and eloquent tour guide. He was extremely knowledgeable and he answered all the question…
Red Clay tours Birmingham
I highly recommend this tour. Lots of history presented in an informative yet interesting way. Mike was very person…
Mike is the best!
Me and my brother (19 and 21) visited Birmingham on our way to Florida and decided to take this tour. I am so glad …
- Duration: 180–200 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Historical Highlights of Birmingham
What time does Historical Highlights of Birmingham start?
Historical Highlights of Birmingham will start at 1:45 PM. Discover and book Historical Highlights of Birmingham on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Historical Highlights of Birmingham?
How much is Historical Highlights of Birmingham?
Historical Highlights of Birmingham price starts from AU$87.32. Discover and book Historical Highlights of Birmingham on Tripadvisor
What is the Historical Highlights of Birmingham cancellation policy?
Historical Highlights of Birmingham cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Historical Highlights of Birmingham on Tripadvisor