Reserve Now & Pay Later
'War and Peace' Filming Locations Private Tour
View all photos (11)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay LaterLow Price Guarantee
Do you want to dive into Tolstoy's novel and the scenery of 'War & Peace' TV show filmed by BBC? This tour will take you through 3 places used in filming the series. Let us remind that "War & Peace" is a novel by the Russian writer L. Tolstoy, which It is considered as one of the famous masterpieces of world literature. BBC came to St Petersburg to film inside Catherine Palace – the summer residence of the tsars - where scenes of the Tsar’s ball were filmed. In some scenes you may also see the marvelous, mint-green facade of the Winter Palace, which is now the world-famous Hermitage Museum. One more place included in this tour is Mikhailovsky Palace. It was the backdrop for the secret freemason’s lodge gatherings. We invite you to wander through gorgeous St Petersburg in the footsteps of Tolstoy’s unforgettable characters. This exclusive and private tour of 3 gorgeous palaces will leave you with many lasting memories.
St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Northwestern District
- Professional private guide service
- Comfortable transportation with a business class car
- Professional & experienced driver
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
- Entry/Admission - Mikhailovskiy Castle Historical Museum
- Entry/Admission - Catherine Palace and Park
- Food and drinks
- This tour is not available for cruise ship passengers.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a sample itinerary. The order of museum visits may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museums days-off, traffic situation in the city. Museums also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice. We will rearrange the itinerary accordingly so that all venues can be visited.
- The exact entrance times can vary. Pre-booked time periods to enter the museums are assigned only by the management of the museums and is a subject to changes. It is possible that there will be a line of people entering the museum at the same time.
- This tour is not recommended for wheelchair passengers, and if a person with a wheelchair decides to participate he/she must have a personal helper to assist in boarding/disembarking the vehicle, and entering the restrooms and restaurant, and all sites. At certain locations a wheelchair person may not be able to exit the bus, and may have to stay inside the bus.
- The visit to the Hermitage does not include the collection of impressionists and post-impressionists which moved to the new General Staff building.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- The tour includes a short wait before going inside the Catherine Palace
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Duration: 8–9 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071