1. Make your way to the Sedai Kobo Studio in Oiso City, a little over an hour train ride from Tokyo, and meet your instructor. Pickup by car from nearby Oiso Station is possible upon prior request. On your arrival, browse through a gorgeous display of stained glass works. (20 min)
2. Take a little tour inside the studio where artists work on their creations everyday, and look at works handcrafted by the instructor to get an idea for what direction you want to take with your creation. (20 min)
3. After watching the instructor demonstrate the process of annealing, bending, cutting and hammering silver wires, it’s your turn to try your hand. (40 min)
4. Once you’ve finished shaping your earrings, time to add some finishing touches. Add pretty patterns to the earrings using a hammer before polishing them up with care. (20 min)
5. The session culminates in a meal and coffee personally served by the instructor. Enjoy delicious homemade Italian dishes while engaging in a fun conversation with her. (20 min)
6. The workshop concludes. If you feel like showing off your newly-crafted earrings, feel free to wear them home.