This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sun Moon Lake, Zhongshan Rd., Yuchi Township, 555 Taiwan
Crowned as one of the Eight Wonders of Taiwan, Sun Moon Lake is also the most famous source of hydroelectric power; offering key tourist themes - "high mountain and lake”, “indigenous culture”, and ”nature ecology,” the Sun Moon Lake Scenic Area attracts more than six million visits each year. Sun Moon Lake is the largest body of water in Taiwan and a well known for its clear, sparkling blue water set against a picturesque mountain backdrop. Located in Yuchi Township, Nantou County, the area around the Sun Moon Lake is home to the Thao tribe, one of aboriginal tribes of Taiwan. Sun Moon Lake surrounds a tiny island called Lalu reserved for aboriginal religious practices, therefore the public is not allowed to visit the island.
- Cycle round one of the best bike paths in the world: It is about 30km with hills and will take 3-4 hours with stops at few of the attractions along the way. A local guide will follow you and show the paths.
- Cable car overlooking the lake: On a good day you can enjoy a stunning views of the lake with the trip taking about 7 minutes each way, however in peak times the wait can be hours.
- Formosan Aboriginal Cultural Village
- Boat tour (Shueishe, Ita Thao and Xuanguang Temple piers)
- Carton King, where everything from utensils to furniture are made from carton boxes.
- Visit Ita Thao: is the origin of Thao people; it is believed that their ancestors, originally from Alishan, chased a white deer to a faraway lake where they found an abundance of fish. They returned to their homeland, bro ught the whole tribe, and decided to settle down at Sun Moon Lake, as we call it today. Although tribal life is almost extinct now, a visit to Ita Thao allows you to experience the aboriginal culture and you get to taste delicious aboriginal food too.
- Antique Assam Tea Farm: Shuili Snake Kiln is the town where remains the eldest tradition of kiln-making. There is a biggest kiln work which is in the Guinness Book of Records by the size of 6.68 meters.
- Hot Springs;
- Sky Lounge dinner at Fleur de Chine;
- Paragliding in PULI.
Duration: 8 minutes