Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mechrey Floating VillageStop: 4 hours - Admission includedThis tour can start in the morning or the afternoon (please let us know which time you want to depart). You'll leave Siem Reap and we'll drive you the 40km southwest of Siem Reap to the edge of the Tonle Sap Lake to Mechrey Floating Village. Here, you'll see how around 300 families live their lives on the water. These ethnic Khmer families make their living from fishing, farming, shops and tourism. Along the way, we'll stop to try some deep fried insects, look at a rice paddy field with birds, cows, and buffaloes. We'll also stop to see a lotus farm and a duck farm. When we reach Mechrey Floating Village, you'll see floating houses, a school, restaurants, fish farm and crocodile farm. In the cooler season, you'll also see many different species of birds here. We'll take a car because the road is very bumpy and dusty. The price includes the boat ride and entrance fee.Read more
- English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Transport ( AC car or minivan or minibus
- Boat ride
- Bottles of cold drinking Water
- Entry/Admission - Mechrey Floating Village
- Food / Drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This trip is for half day which is around 4 hours including travelling time. The boat ride lasts for approximately 2 hours.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We were a group of 3 adults + 1 teenage + 3 children. We requested for afternoon tour, and it was nicely arranged with pickup from hotel at 2:00pm. The air-conditioned van was clean and was already stocked with cold bottled water for us. Our tour guide, Mr. Bunpheng Chan, spoke…
Date of experience: February 2019
Response from Bunpheng C, Owner at Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour
Responded 16 Mar. 2019
Hello Kevin, How are you ?. I hope you and your family are well. Than you for writing to us, which is very helpful. We are glade to hear that tour guide and driver were able to help you so. And we are very pleased to see you had enjoyed the tour with us. Thank you for travelling with Angkor Doors Warm regards Angkor Doors Team
The floating village of Mechrey is a wonderful place to get a sense of a floating village without the tourists and including all the interesting features. The tour was only a half day trip, so we could spend time in the afternoon on other things. Lonn - the perfect guide, a…
Date of experience: October 2018
Response from AngkorDoors, Manager at Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour
Responded 29 Apr. 2019
Hello Sir/ Madam, We hope you are well. Thank you for wring to us with feedback which we are very appreciated. We are glade to hear that you have enjoyed the tour with us. Thank you again for traveling with Angkor Doors. Warm regards- Angkor Doors Team
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Angkor Doors
The description is absolutely right, Angkor War is better experienced at dawn, with the cool temperatures and beaut…
Wonderful way to spend a day to see sunrise, sunset and exploring the temples
It was tiring to get up early but absolutely a wonderful tour to explore the main temples within a day. Our guide, …
Chen is an excellent tour guide. He is very knowledgeable about the history of Cambodia and talks about his persona…
GREAT tour guide! Knowledgeable, fun and friendly! Don't hesitate...book him!
We spent only 49 hours in Cambodia and spent every minute (except sleeping time!) with Bunpheng Chen ! He was a gr…
Tailor made to perfection
This is a very experienced team and it shows. My guide was vwry professional and warm. Bunpheng is very knowledgeab…
A must do for Siem Reap
A perfect tour with Pal Chen that was worth waking up early for. Mr Chen spoke great English and was very friendly …
Best guided tour in Siem Reap
After reading reviews on trip advisor we have finalised Angkor Doors for our Siem Reap Trip Bunpheng Is a very frie…
4 days private tour - 7 family members
Peng is great tour guide with heaps of knowledge and experience on local culture. We all had great time. Highly …
Truly the Best Tour Ever!
It has me taken a long time to post this review, and I feel awful because this is hands down the best tour I’ve eve…
Siem Reap and Angkor Wat Package.
The tour conduction and briefing were excellent. Tour guide Mr. Pal Chen and driver Mr. Dola were thoroughly conver…
Wonderful 2 days in preah vihear and Koh Ker regions
2 wonderful days touring Preah Vihear, Koh Ker, Prasat Linga I and II, Beng Mealea, and sleeping in a stilted woode…
Perfect Private tour
We had a amazing tour with Mr. Pheng. He has extraordinary knowledge about everything and anything of Angkor Wat (p…
Unexpected quality for our outing at the floating village
Very good experience discovering the siem rep country side and mechrey floating village Our guide, Sophal Chhem, …
The perfect tour to see all the main temples in one day!
A perfect tour with Mr. Chen and a driver, absolutely worth getting up early for! Mr. Chen explained everything in…
A different perspective of the Floating Village
This is my second time to Kampong Phluk but the perspective is completely different. The last time I was here was w…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,666 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 158 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour
How much is Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour?
Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour price starts from AU$76.02. Discover and book Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour cancellation policy?
Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour?
Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour is hosted by Angkor Doors. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Angkor Doors on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor