Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
With this tour you will have the chance to visit the Bulgarian capital Sofia, while staying in Plovdiv. The tour starts at 9am when the guide will take you from your hotel. The traveling time to Sofia is about 2 hours. The capital of Bulgaria has preserved heritage from different cultures and epochs- Roman, Early Christian. Ottoman, Bulgarian, Soviet. The most popular sights are Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the second biggest on the Balkans, Saint George Rotunda- the oldest church in the town, dating back to the 4th century and Saint Sofia Basilica- the medieval symbol of Serdica, built in the 6th century. Other interesting places that will be seen are the Parliament, National Theater "Ivan Vazov"- one of the most beautiful buildings in the town, the former Royal Palace, the administration of the President, the mineral springs. The guided tour in the center is about 2 hours. Then you will have another 2 hours free time for lunch break and shopping and at 3pm you will depart back
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1St. Alexander Nevski CathedralStop: 15 minutesGuided visit of the cathedral.Read more
- Private transportation
- Guided tour in Sofia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The driver was kind and told us many many things about Sofia and Plovdiv, with many historical information. Good way to spend a day there!
Date of experience: October 2019
Response from City_Tour_Sofia, Owner at Private Day Trip to Sofia from Plovdiv
Responded 23 Oct 2019
Hello, thank you very much for the nice words! We are glad that you liked the trips with our agency. We will be happy to have some of your friends on our tours in Bulgaria in the future. Best Regards, City Tour
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: City Tour
really amazing tour guide
its amazing trip i would like to do it again thanks for mr dimitar really nice communication thanks alot
Absolute must-do in Sofia
Highlight of our short stay in Sofia! Our tour guide was a true historian Antonio with lots of passion and knowledg…
This was an exceptional trip. The Rila lakes and Rila Monastery were stunning. Our guide, Ivan, was great. He pick…
Really nice experience!
The place was amazing and worthwhile. Our guide, Vessy, owesome!! Really nice experience that I highly recommend.
Great day trips
Great day trip and guide Antonio was fantastic. All their tours are great. Very knowledgeable and on time. Rec…
Great day in Sofia
Great insights from Vasil - delightful disposition too. Really new his history and related to modern era. Made it…
superb little galleries above the city. cute city. cultural experience with great guide over the town.
Faustino Adrian S00
A spiritual great experience.
A great spiritual experience for my wife and me and a cousing from France. The whole trip starting in Sofia with…
Beautiful hiking at Rila Lakes
I went with Ivan and two other people in a private car to the hike. Ivan was a great trip leader-informative, inter…
Breathtaking views and awesome guide Antonio
We did a day trip with our group of friends to the seven Rila Lakes, guided by Antonio. The first part of the hike …
Very enjoyable day out.
We were a group of three girls travelling to Krushuna Waterfalls then to Devtashka Cave, our guide for the day was …
Do not miss this trip.
Guided by Alexandra, this tour to the Rila Monastry an Boyana Church is one of the most interesting trips I have ev…
Do this trip.
Guided by Antonio, Plovdiv should not be missed, the old town is really interesting especially the ornately decorat…
Vasil, our guide gave us a wonderful experience. He is nice, punctual, knows his material, has a sense of humor .we…
Excellent experience, fully recommended 100%
We were a group of Irish friends,who booked private tour of Plovdiv and the Old Town with City Tour Sofia.We had ab…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Day Trip to Sofia from Plovdiv
- Private Day Trip to Sofia from Plovdiv will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Private Day Trip to Sofia from Plovdiv on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Day Trip to Sofia from Plovdiv on Tripadvisor
- Private Day Trip to Sofia from Plovdiv price starts from AU$143.81. Discover and book Private Day Trip to Sofia from Plovdiv on Tripadvisor
- Private Day Trip to Sofia from Plovdiv cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Day Trip to Sofia from Plovdiv on Tripadvisor