The Center for Culinary Education 'Taste Table' dinner concept presents our guests with a dinner demonstrating a full-spectrum of traditional Albanian cuisine. 'Master Chef' Sokol Prenga, with over 25 years of experience as a chef, has created a unique menu that brings you on a journey of Albanian culinary tradition from its' origins to its contemporary form. We will take you step by step through all elements of Albanian cuisine that display the diversity and influences from the many cultures that have passed through Albania via trade and contact with the Ancient Greeks, Romans, Byzantine and Ottoman Empires. Our menu highlights regional dishes and use only local, organic food products. with an emphasis on the use of traditional agricultural produce. Dinner includes appetizers, main dishes, desserts, drinks and good spirits! An explanation about our dishes will be part of your experience, and questions are encouraged, as we are focused on promoting our beautiful culinary history :)
• Traditional Albanian Breads - Bukë Kallamoqe, Bukë Misri, Kulaç, Pogaçe, Kamkuçe - Organic Corn and Wheat flour breads
• Traditional Albanian Pies - Pite/Byrek - thinly-stretched filo dough filled with spinach, minced meat, leek, and feta cheese. Other varieties include pumpkin, apple and potato
• Albanian Baked Casserole - Tavë Kosi - A baked casserole with yogurt and lamb
• Veal Ribs - Mish me Pistil - Veal Ribs with Plum Syrup
• White Lamb Stew - Shqeto e Permetit - An egg based Lamb stew from Përmet region with lemon, pepper and parsley
• Rustic Albanian Flan - Qumeshtor - 'Albanian Flan'