Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (184)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
It can be overwhelming deciding which of Fiji’s many islands to visit, so take the stress out of organizing your trip by having everything already sorted for you. Go on a day cruise to South Sea Island and choose from snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, or just pure relaxation. Barbecue lunch, refreshments, transport, and entertainment are all included, making this the ultimate worry-free day.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1South Sea CruisesStop: 9 hours - Admission includedFor lots of fun under the sun, you can't beat a day at South Sea Island. A day trip to South Sea Island is an easy 30 minute ferry ride from Denarau Marina with South Sea Cruises. It may be small in size, but there is plenty to keep you entertained. The hardest part is choosing what to do first! There is a salt water swimming pool and FREE use of non-motorized water sports equipment, including kayaking and sailing. Discover the underwater world with hours of snorkelling or if you want to stay dry, jump on board the semi-submersible coral viewer. Make sure you keep an eye out for Nemo! A tasty BBQ buffet lunch and beer, wine and soft drinks are included while ashore. Although the island is uninhabited, you can still get a taste of Fijian culture with a traditional Meke performance and craft market Monday to Saturday. Introductory diving (additional cost) is a particular focus on this island with pretty reef formations and plentiful fish making it a first time diver's dream. Start in the pool and then explore the stunning coral gardens and the fish life surrounding the island on a 'Discover Scuba' intro dive. There is also plenty to keep certified divers amused, with several beach dives and a purposefully sunk shipwreck. Diving in this area you can encounter drop offs and wall dives with lots of hard corals, crystal clear water & large schools of pelagic fish.Read more
You'll end at
Denarau Island, FijiPassenger Terminal, Port Denarau, Fiji
See address & details
- Discover South Sea Island’s impressive snorkeling spots
- A great way to get active—choose volleyball, kayaking, or windsurfing
- Travel light—no need to bring snorkeling gear as it’s included
- All food included as well as unlimited wine, beer, and soft drinks
What to Expect
Your morning begins with a pickup from your hotel (for full-day tours) and a transfer to Port Denarau to begin your cruise. After boarding, travel to the spectacular South Sea Island. This tropical paradise is home to an abundance of marine life, including colorful fish and coral reefs. Snorkel gear is included, and even if you’re not a snorkeling fan, you can still view the underwater life from the semi-submersible boat. You have the freedom to choose what you do on the island, so whether it's kayaking, windsurfing or lazing on the beach, there’s something for everyone. If you’d like to boost your experience, you can book a massage or an extra scenic cruise around the Mamanuca Islands (additional costs). At lunchtime, feast on a tasty barbecue menu with unlimited soft drinks, beer, and wine, before ending the day with return transport.
Port Denarau, Denarau Island, Fiji
Returns to original departure point
- Unlimited beer, wine, soft drinks, fruit juice and Barbecue lunch
- Free Nadi/Denarau hotel coach transfers
- Subsea Adventure in our semi-submersible coral viewer
- Fantastic snorkeling and swimming even at low tide
- Guided snorkeling trip to magnificent coral reefs
- Free use of snorkeling gear which means no hassle carrying any extra bags
- English speaking escort/host
- Entry/Admission - South Sea Cruises
- Massage (available to purchase)
- Dive (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must contact South Sea Cruises at least 24 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange Transport. Use the contact details on this voucher. Upon check in please present your confirmation or voucher in exchange for your tour boarding pass
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby or pick up location 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time
- If you do not require pick up, please find your own way to the meeting point - Passenger Terminal, Denarau Marina
- The cruise for Nadi and Denarau area departs Denarau at 9.00am and returns to Denarau at 6.00pm.
- The cruise for Coral Coast area departs at Denarau at 10.00am and returns to Denarau at 5.00pm
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This is a small island which accommodates limited number of people at a time, the package for day tour included kayaking, snorkelling, lunch and unlimited beverages at the island. The snorkelling equipment on offer were just kept in a tub with soap water shared among visitors…
Date of experience: May 2019
It’s well organised with slick on time departure/arrival at South Sea Island. There is a briefing on the activities on arrival South Sea Island but you need to be ready to go ‘cos we missed the 1st submarine ride and didn’t see the 2nd one loading up so we missed it. We did get…
Date of experience: March 2020
2 adults, 1 child and 1 toddler We did the half day afternoon cruise and it was plenty with a young family. The kids loved the bottomless ‘submarine’ and having a small pool on the island was good for the kids. Snorkelling was good fun and you have access to the kayaks too.
Date of experience: March 2020
Why bother you’re much better off staying on Denerau island and enjoying the multitude of great restaurants there then taking a day trip out onto an island to eat and overpriced underwhelming barbecue seriously guys and what would you pay that sort of money for a barbecue. Go…
Date of experience: August 2019
A well organised day trip to a tiny island. From pick up to check, in to arrival on Southsea Island, we were looked after and travelled in comfort on the air conditioned catamaran. Once there it was a case of find a sunbed and decide which of the free activities you fancied…
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: South Sea Cruises
This is not a cruise! It’s a FERRY
We have emailed this to the Fijian cruise company, let's hope they refund our money and change their adverts! ——— W…
Great day cruise experience
This day adventure was a highlight of our 10 day tour through the Yasawa islands. Easy transfer from our resort to …
Rainy but excellent beach day
Trip over & back on the Yasawa Flyer was great. Unfortunately it rained hard for first 1/2 of the day. But that …
Great choice for visiting the islands!
Smooth journey, great and helpful staff who assisted us from boarding to departure and even made sure we had transp…
Would do it again!!!
There were about 10 sharks on the snorkel trip. Got very good video and pictures with my Go-Pro. Snorkelling in fro…
Disappointing, but tried to make the best of it
The entire reason for booking this cruise was because it said there was parasailing (for an added cost). When we go…
The crewon the Fiji Princess makes the choice and selection a good one. They are friendly as well as attentive. Th…
Terrible Online Service
First of all Id like to state that ive been on their cruises a many times, so i tried emailing them recently for a …
Excellent boat trip to South Sea Island.
Booked a half day boat trip to South Sea Island. Booking desk was efficient and friendly. Was picked up at hotel an…
Sea spray amazing adventures! 15.02.20
Wow, I was on seaspray, excursion for 1 day. We cone to Denorau Port, 1 hour by sea to nex boat (from big to small)…
Best day trip
We did the combo cruise, it was a great way to see surrounding islands although wish we had stayed longer on South …
Okay but too rushed
We travelled with our 2yr old and 4yr old and chose this as we didn't think they would last the whole day. It was p…
Shame on you South Sea Cruise. You broken my luggage on my first day of trip in Fiji and just told me that doesn’t …
Choose full day south sea island not combo cruise
South sea island is a great island to spend the day with lots of activities, unfortunately we only got 2 and half h…
Really great day on the combo cruise
Another family we met recommended the combo day trip. It was my kids’ first day cruise and we all loved it. We lov…
- Duration: 8–9 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 944 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 493 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 556 travellers!
Fiji Combo Day Tour Including Navua River Canoe, Fijian Village Visit, and Magic Waterfall
Popular: Booked by 1,075 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise
How much is Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise?
Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise price starts from USD 110.66. Discover and book Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise on Tripadvisor
What is the Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise cancellation policy?
Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise?
Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise is hosted by South Sea Cruises. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact South Sea Cruises on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise?
On average, this experience will take approximately 8h. Discover and book Full Day South Sea Island Day Cruise on Tripadvisor