Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
This 8 days tour offers a deep exploration for the Himalayan ranges, it brings you not only through the historical places and operating monasteries like Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Tashilunpo Monastery, etc; but also lines of breath-taking natural sceneries, such as turquoise water Lake Yamdrok, mighty Nyenchen Kangsar glacier and splendid Mt. Everest Base Camp.
Lhasa (3,650m) arrival
Lhasa city sightseeing
Lhasa Outskirt Sightseeing
Lhasa - Shigatse (3,890m), 8...
Shigatse - EBC (5,000m), 8-9...
EBC - Shigatse, 8-9 hours' drive
Shigatse - Lhasa, 5 hours' drive
- All required Tibet permits and travel documents per this itinerary.
- Local Tibetan guide fluent in English that is certified by the state tourism build.
- Private transfer via A/C tourist vehicle with licensed driver, 5-seat 4WD car to 29-seat coach.
- 6 nights private twin/double sharing room at 4 star hotels, daily breakfast included.
- 1 night dorm bed stay at EBC tent/Rongbuk monastery guesthouse.
- Vehicle and guide's entry fee to Everest Base Camp.
- Portable oxygen inhalers (7-14L) and Tibetan Hongjingtian medicine for high-altitude sickness
- Domestic travel accident insurance.
- Bottled drinking water provided per person daily.
- Single room supplement fee if requests a single room alone at the hotels.
- All lunches, dinners and breakfast at EBC.
- Air/train tickets into and out of Lhasa.
- Tips to the guide and driver, tip as you wish.
- Entry/Admission - Potala Palace
- Entry/Admission - Jokhang Temple
- Entry/Admission - Drepung Monastery (Zhebang Si)
- Entry/Admission - Sera Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Norbulingka (Precious Stone Garden)
- Entry/Admission - Yamdrok Yumtso Lake
- Entry/Admission - Karo La Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Palkhor Monastery and Kumbum Stupa
- Entry/Admission - Mt. Everest Base Camp
- Entry/Admission - Rongbuk Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Tashilunpo Monastery
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Book at least 25 days in advance so tour operator may obtain your Tibet Permit. The original permits will be expressed to the hotel address/delivery address in one city of China if take a flight to Lhasa; and the scanned copies will be sent via email if take the train to Lhasa
- Travelers' passport and China visa photocopies are required to provide at the time of booking
- If your China visa is not an 'L' tourist visa, then the supplementary letters/document from your sponsored organization is required as well, please contact the local operator for more details
- If you enter Tibet from Kathmandu, you have to get your GROUP VISA in the Chinese embassy of Kathmandu, as the individual visa is invalid. We will help you to obtain your group China visa in Kathmandu, please just send us your passport copies, you will also need to prepare a passport photo in advance. Our local representative will collect your original passport upon your arrival at Kathmandu, please kindly note that the Group Visa application requires a minimum of 3 working days to obtain.
- As the average altitude of this tour is over 11,975 feet (3,600 meters), it's common for everyone to have some symptoms of the high altitude. We encourage the travelers to discuss the trip with the doctors prior to travel
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
Tour to Lhasa
The tour agent Zoe was brilliant and she communicated really with me throughout the tour.The tour guide himself wa…
8 days in Lhasa and nearby major attraction
I stayed 3 days in Lhasa 2 days in Shigatze and 1 day at EBC. Everything was wonderful, well arranged trip, very go…
We decided to travel to Tibet with WindhorseTour for different reasons. The main one was because of their professio…
Lhasa- Katmandou: a journey into the abode of the snow
Windhorse tour gave me the chance to explore the place I have always dreamt about... Tibet. They professionally ass…
It was an excellent trip. Trip coordination was immaculate , all agents they are so obliged to help. I definitely w…
from Beijing to Kathmandu
This summer we had a beautifull overland trip from Beijing to Kathmandu and we really appreciate the WindhorseTour …
Very nice tour through Lhasa en Yamdrok lake.
We were picked up from Lhasa airport by our guide. The hotel we stayed was very nice, luxurius and good breakfast. …
Very careful, precise and helfulness. We visit Beijing and Tibet (with trekking) and everything goes very well.
vittoria august... t00
reliable agency. respects every customer's desire, without making you miss anything. one of the best online agenc…
From Beijing to Lhasa by train. Visit Tibet, then Kailash for the Cora and finally: Kathmandu. Very serious agency…
Fulfillment and Satisfaction
We went to EBC and Kailash in Tibet with Windhorse Tour. Yuki gave us the best planning for this trip. The arrang…
Good tour and organization. The Tibet is magic! Guide speack not perfect english, but sufficently to undesratnd
Our Tibet Tour
We had no inconvenience during all the tour, the rooms of the hotel were hotel rooms were more than decent for unpr…
7 days in the beautiful landscape and magic culture of Tibet in August 2019. From Lhasa to Khatmandu 12th to 18th o…
Windhorse tour Tibet
We got an excellent tour and before this help with obtaining a visa. Any requests outside the agreed tour were met …
- Lhasa, Potala Palace, and 12 more
- Duration: 8 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Private Sightseeing Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour?
How much is Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour?
Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour price starts from AU$1,837.91. Discover and book Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour cancellation policy?
Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour?
Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour is hosted by WindhorseTour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact WindhorseTour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private 8-Day Tibet Mt Everest Base Camp Tour on Tripadvisor