Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Tibet Shambhala Adventure introduce you Tibet differently by arranging different unique and authentic Tibet trek. Ganden Samye trekking is one of the mid level best Tibet trek. It is not only one of the most attractive Tibet treks but also a Tibetan traditional pilgrimage trail between the two famous monasteries which are Ganden and Samye monasteries. Ganden monastery is the first ever Gelukpa school monastery built in 15th century by the great master Tsongka, the founder of the Gelukpa school and the Samye monastery is the first ever Nyingmapa or the first ever Tibetan monastery which was built in 8th century by the 38th Dharma King called Trisong Detsen. It is three and half days Tibet trek and the total distance of the Ganden Samye Tibet trek is around 80Km. The average daily walking hour is around 5-6 hours. The most part of the Ganden Samye Tibet trek is not very difficult except the Shugarla pass which is around 5000m so the day of trekking across Shugar la.
Day 1 Arrival at Lhasa airport...
Day 2 Sightseeing tour in Lhasa,...
Day 3 Pabongka temple-Sera...
Day 4 Drive from Lhasa-Dark Yepa...
Day 5 Start trek from Ganden to...
Day 6 Trek from Yamado to Tso...
Day 7 Trek from Tso Topchu to...
Day 8 Trek from Herders camp to...
Day 9 Drive from Samye monastery...
Day 10 Drive from Tsetang to...
- Accommodation as mentioned in the program on twin sharing basis,
- All necessary Tibet entry and road permits,
- 1 Local Tibetan English speaking guide,
- Transportation by good conditioned mini van
- All entry fees to the sites and monasteries,
- BB inside the hotel and full board during the camp,
- All camping equipments except sleeping bags,
- All camping fees,
- Cook and asistant with all utensils,
- Different kinds of snack like biscuit, cheese, dried and fresh fruit during the camp,
- Pack Yak and Yak men for the trek
- Oxygen in the vehicle and during the trek incase needed.
- Entry/Admission - Potala Palace
- Entry/Admission - Sera Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Ganden Monastery
- Travel insurance including trip cancellation and emergency evacuation
- Expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone call, etc.);
- International and domestic flight/train tickets.
- Lunch and Dinner in the hotels,
- Sleeping bags,
- Tips for the guide and driver,
- Any extra cost in the event of landslide or any other personal nature expense that are not mentioned
- (Note: We can help you to book your flight or train tickets, especially domestic ones);
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Tibet Shambhala Adventure
Traveling back to Tibet during the confinement
One thing that is good about being confined at home for two months is that you can remember all the great scenic vi…
Unforgettable memories highly recommended agency !!
We will remember this trip forever, the quality of visits, the warm welcome and always kind attention make us have …
The best Tibetan Travel agent in Lhasa
We took 8 days Everest Basecamp Tour, starting from Lhasa. The weather was very nice and clear blue sky. I thought …
If you expect snow at Everest base camp there is none in China
We had the best guide Chime who spoke great English and was very knowledgeable about the culture and we learnt a lo…
We were just in Lhasa for a few days, the views, palaces and temples are beautiful but the best thing for us was th…
Highly reliable travel agent!
I started to talk with Dawa six months before the trip. We had very nice and informative conversations about our tr…
We organized our overland tour of Tibet while we were in Kathmandu. We were so lucky to have chosen this tour compa…
Tibet is beautiful
We had an incredible trip to Tibet thanks to our wonderful guide Sangmo Dolma and our driver Lobsang. Sangmo is so …
Jayme Tavares A00
Lhasa- Samye- Gyantse- Shygatse-EBC-Dingri-Kyiong
Excellent trip! I would like mainly to thanks the guide Phuntsok for being so professional and kindly! He did the …
Trip of a life time!
We recently completed a 15 day guided tour of Tibet, traveling over 2,000 miles covering some of the most fantasti…
I took a ten-day trip through Tibet with the Tibetan guide Phuntsok, the most attentive and professional guide I ha…
Visit to Everest Base Camp via Lhasa to China Border
We arrived in Lhasa on August 30, 2019 and were met by our tour guide Sangmo. She did an outstanding job throughout…
Great 4-week group travel in Tibet at Mt. Kailash and lake Manosarovar
Our group came from Germany and we had a wonderful travel program in Tibet: Tithapuri, Guge Kingdom, Tholing, Tsapa…
Great and fantastic experience
In July 2019 I did a journey through Central Tibet with a Swiss group. For me it was the first time in Tibet and it…
Highlights in Tibet
I enyoied 13 wunderful days with 5 other great Swiss Ladies and our absolutely sympathic Tourgide Chime Tashi. His …
- Lhasa Gongga Airport Parking Lot, Potala Palace, and 8 more
- Duration: 10 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently Asked Questions about Ganden Samye Trekking
Which attractions will I visit with Ganden Samye Trekking?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Ganden Samye Trekking on Tripadvisor
How much is Ganden Samye Trekking?
Ganden Samye Trekking price starts from AU$2,186.02. Discover and book Ganden Samye Trekking on Tripadvisor
What is the Ganden Samye Trekking cancellation policy?
Ganden Samye Trekking cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Ganden Samye Trekking on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Ganden Samye Trekking?
Ganden Samye Trekking is hosted by Tibet Shambhala Adventure. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tibet Shambhala Adventure on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Ganden Samye Trekking on Tripadvisor