Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
This 7-day overland tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu follows the Sino-Nepal highway, which offer you amazing views of the Himalaya and the picturesque Tibetan countryside. The visit to the old cities: Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse, will give you a complete impression of Tibet's religion, cultural treasures, and dreamlike landscape. The highlighted trip to Everest Base Camp en route will be a life-time memory to overcome yourself and get higher to the top of the world. Notes: Please book this tour 20 days in advance, letting us have enough time to apply for your Tibet Travel Permit and then send it to you.
Arrival in Lhasa
Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace,...
Lhasa tour - Drepung...
Lhasa (3650m) to Shigatse(3900m)...
Shigatse(3900m) to EBC (5200m)...
EBC to Gyirong Border 370km
Gyirong to Nepal border(B)
Lhasa Gongga Airport Parking Lot, Gonggar County, Shannan, Tibet, China Lhasa Railway Station, Doilungdêqên District, Lhasa, China
Gyirong Town, Gyirong County, Shigatse, Tibet, China
- Tibet Travel Permit and other necessary permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese L visa)
- The invitation letter of China L Visa (from China cities) or Tibet Group Visa (from Kathmandu)
- Transportation by comfortable van or minibus with experienced local driver (gasoline is included)
- English-speaking Tibetan guide
- 4 nights of accommodation at a 3-star hotel, EBC/Rongbuk tent guestroom, Kyirong local hotel
- Oxygen cylinder in the car (4L or 7L)
- Liability travel insurance
- Drinking water provided during the trip
- Tibet Handy Map
- Welcome Dinner
- Entrance fee of tourist sites
- Entry/Admission - Potala Palace
- Entry/Admission - Jokhang Temple
- Entry/Admission - Drepung Monastery (Zhebang Si)
- Entry/Admission - Sera Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Yamdrok Yumtso Lake
- Entry/Admission - Karo La Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Pelkor Chode Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Tashilunpo Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Mt. Everest Base Camp
- Entry/Admission - Rongbuk Monastery
- Single-supplement if you are a single traveller (when there is no traveler to share with you)
- Chinese visa or Tibet Group Visa (from Nepal)
- All Lunches and Dinners; Tips to driver and tour guide, Tip as you wish
- Nepal jeep transfer from Gyirong border to Kathmandu.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Book at least 20 days in advance so tour operator may attain your Tibet Permit. Tibet Permit will be delivered to customers' delivery address / hotel address in one city of China. Please note your tour operator will contact you after the booking is confirmed.
- Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China L visas at least 20 days prior to travel date.
- Please Note: Customers' airport pick-up and drop-off in Lhasa needs to be arranged by the tour supplier. If customers fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu, please do not apply for China L Visa in advance. Customers need to apply for their Tibet Group Visa from China Embassy in Kathmandu via travel agency. Before that, they need to ask for an invitation letter from the tour supplier. If customers fly or take a train to Lhasa from one city of China, they need to apply for their China L Visa from the China Embassy in their country.
- A valid passport and China L Visa used to apply for Tibet Permit are required during the travelling period.
- Price is based on double occupancy. Single room supplement is subject to availability and additional charge.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Time of year
I highly recommend Tibet Visa for anyone looking to explore Tibet The friendly, English speaking staff did an amazing job of helping me plan my trip. Quick response times, articulate answers, and turn-key solutions (for things such as visas, flights, etc) were thoroughly…
Date of experience: March 2020
I took this week long trip with my wife in Oct 2019 with no prior experience of such high altitude.We couldn't stop ourselves from experiencing the wonders Tibet had in store for us even though the altitude was tough to adjust to. Food, culture and the entire vibe around was so…
Date of experience: October 2019
Great experience with Tibet Vista and our guide, Tenzin. I did the 7 day overland from Lash to Katmandu. Tibet Vista will help you with all your travel arrangements. My contact person, Liam was very prompt to reply to all my emails and assist me with all travel arrangements. …
Date of experience: July 2019
I had a wonderful time in tibet with the tour I had with Tenzin Leo, I normally don't take tours but as it is required in tibet I did and tenzin Leo was a pleasure to have as a guide very kind, caring and informative. Tibet is very beautiful and the tibetan people are so kind…
Date of experience: November 2019
Our trip through Tibet to Nepal originated as a desire to travel to Nepal through a route other than fly into KTM.The experience of Tibet left us grateful that we had chosen that way. What spectacular scenery! We entered Tibet on the train into Lhasa, having boarded in Golmud,…
Date of experience: November 2019
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Tibet Vista
The Rooftop of the World
Back in October of 2017, I wanted to visit Tibet. While looking on Wechat articles for some way to get there, I cam…
A visit to Tibet
Well what can I say... this is such a beautiful place to visit - definitely recommend it to everyone! Every Tibetan…
Had the best Tibet experience! Nothing disappointed me, the place, the people and culture all fascinating! Our guid…
Tibet is, above all, a dream land. That said, we got caught in the Tibet closing due to epidemics, which didn't all…
very good experience
it was very good experience. tour guide Jigme was very kind, caring and good explain for each sites.
Amazing and Challenging Trip to Tibet & Mt. Qomolangma with Guide Tsedon
We've always been curious with how epic it would be to visit Tibet and also the majestic Mountain Everest which we …
ONE OF THE BEST (AND PHYSICALLY CHALLENGING) TRIPS OF MY LIFE!
First of all, thank you to Chloe the travel agent whom assisted us from the beginning and was always so quick answe…
Amazing trip to Tibet + Everest ❤️
Our experience travelling to Lhasa and Everest was amazing thanks to our guide Kunchok and driver Tashi. Very flexi…
Trip of a lifetime
What an experience! Delightful people and knowledgeable guides to give us a full and interesting insight to this be…
Amazing Tibet Experience with Guide Tenwong
My wife and I just completed a 7 day Lhasa to Everest Base Camp tour with Tibet Vista. Although the experience was…
Gyantse and Shigatse extension tour from Lhasa
My wife and I travelled to Lhasa in December 2019 and after three nights there we continued to Gyantse and Shigats…
First time in Tibet (only in Lhasa), an amazing and fascinating experience
We came to Tibet as a small tiny group of three: me, my girlfriend and my mom. The first day we arrived at Lhasa ai…
Truly a spiritual experience.
Very satisfied with everything: our guide’s service, James is super!) Lhasa is a fantastic city, Tibet is great! Re…
Amazing trip in Tibet
I was very happy with the services of Tibet Vista from the very first e-mail until the end of the tour. My contact …
Great trip to Tibet!
We were very fortunate to have Jigme as our guide. He was very professional and attentive to the needs of everyone …
- Lhasa, Potala Palace, and 11 more
- Duration: 7 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about 6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour
What time does 6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour start?
6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour will start at 9:30 AM. Discover and book 6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with 6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour?
How much is 6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour?
6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour price starts from AU$1,258.67. Discover and book 6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the 6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour cancellation policy?
6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book 6-Night Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Group Tour on Tripadvisor