Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
A true hidden gem experience! Hutong has witnessed the changes of lives for local Bejingers for 860 years, all these dramatic past has grown into their personality, life style, tradition and custom which was leading the trend in China, people from other cities considered Beijinger the hipsters, following their "instagram" and so obsessed with their Beijing style. With us, we take you to their lives, we mean zero to zero distance, to see how they rock & roll, explore the myth of the disappearing cool traditions, such like paying a visit to a charismatic gentle man who trains the little cricket for gambling and a private museum of hundred years old objects by special invitation only, you will find you are the only one there, we promise you a 100% off the beaten path experience! Follow us and just to be surprised!
- You'll start atShichahai Sports SchoolOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hutong TourStop: 3 hours - Admission includedIf you are expecting to see the authentic local Beijing people’s life style, there is no other place better than Hutongs to explore. With us for this tour, we will take you walking into their real lives by a start with a cozy rickshaw ride throughout the Hutongs, taking you to the gorgeous houhai lake where is the most romantic area in downtown Beijing and once lived the spoiled prince, princesses in the ancient times... Then, special entry to a local private museum seeing the valuable collection of the old objects from hundreds years ago – learning how we use them and hear about their interesting stories of its legend and at the end, we are going to pay a visit to the fun gentleman who is a cricket trainer champion!Read more
- You'll end atDrum TowerDrum Tower, Shi Cha Hai, Dongcheng Qu, ChinaSee address & details
Shichahai Sports School, 57 Di'anmen W St, Shi Cha Hai, Xicheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China
Drum Tower, Shi Cha Hai, Dongcheng Qu, China
- The best tour guide in down
- Entrance fee to Drum Tower
- Rickshaw ride through Hutongs and the beautiful Houhai Lake
- Special visit to the private museum
- Special visit to the amazing cricket trainer champion!
- Entry/Admission - Hutong Tour
- Transfers, if required.
- Any item that is not mentioned in above itinerary
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Let me star by saying I hardly EVER do paid/guided tours when I travel. I don't like to be on rails when I travel and hover around touristy areas; rather I prefer to freestyle and discover as I go. I tried something different in Beijing with this Hutong tour and Fiona made it…
Date of experience: September 2018
1 Helpful vote
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Splendid China Trip
Fantastic few days with Fiona
We were lucky enough to have Fiona as our guide to visit the Great Wall, Summer Palace, Forbidden City, Olympic sit…
Fiona is AMAZING!!!!
This was not the first I booked her. I have been hiring Fiona for the last 2, 3 years and ask her to take me around…
Fiona is an amazing guide!
The highlight of our Beijing experience was definitely having our stellar English-speaking tour guide, Fiona, passi…
Morning visit to Great Wall
Thanks to work I had the pleasure of meeting Fiona and visiting the Great Wall with her. Her tour was informative a…
Fiona is the best
Fiona is a great guide for westerners. Very knowledgeable and open to western culture, a perfect “translator” betwe…
Amazing three day tour in Beijing
We had an amazing time with our guide Joyce in Beijing. She showed us all the major sights in Beijing, she is very …
Great private tour
The company that hosted me in Beijing arranged for me to take a private tour with Splendid China Trip. Joyce was t…
Bucketlist items perfectly executed by Fiona (Splendid China Trip)
I highly recommend Fiona as a guide, as she was highly recommended to me as well. She is very knowledgeable and fr…
Fiona was an outstanding tour guide and really good with our children. She shared her local knowledge and history f…
China touring is finally easy!
If you’re visiting China and looking for knowledgeable, friendly, fun and professional tour guides that speak great…
Joyce was our guide in Beijing on a leg of our tour for 4 days..Joyce was so knowledgeable and helpful to my wife a…
Wonderful first visit to Beijing!
Thanks to our guide Fiona for making our first visit to Beijing so memorable. She customised a tour of the places w…
A great company and a great guide
I own a tour company, and have taken groups of travelers all over the world. Throughout these trips, I've worked wi…
Best way to see Beijing. Since Beijing is mainly flat it is an easy ride around the back streets of Beijing. Recomm…
Fiona — Best tour guide ever!
My family and I had the most wonderful tour of Beijing with Fiona. She is extremely knowledgeable, and also very pe…
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 940 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 115 travellers!
from A$119.84* A$140.99
Frequently Asked Questions about Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll
Which attractions will I visit with Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll on Tripadvisor
How much is Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll?
Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll price starts from AU$88.79. Discover and book Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll on Tripadvisor
What is the Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll cancellation policy?
Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll?
Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll is hosted by Splendid China Trip. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Splendid China Trip on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hutong tour - Beijingers Rock & Roll on Tripadvisor