Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)Stop: 3 hours - Admission includedThe Summer Palace is located 9 miles (15 kilometers) from downtown Beijing, and can be reached via subway by Beigongmen metro station. First built in 1750, it is the largest and most well-preserved royal park in China and was used by the emperors to rest and entertain. The site, which covers a total of 2.9 square kilometers and incorporates a huge lake, was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi who effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908. Besides the lake and the main hill, this impressive complex includes several pavilions, towers, bridges, corridors and even a marble boat. This is the main entrance ticket to the Summer Palace. For 4 extra attractions: Tower of Buddhist Incense; Dehe garden; Suzhou Street and Wenchang Tower you should pay extra fee at spot. In order to access the park, please scan the QR code you will receive by e-mail 5 days before your travel date at the entrance turnstiles. Please use the QR code on that e-mail, as the Viator's voucher is not accepted.Read more
- Summer Palace Main Entrance Ticket
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
- Extra optional attractions inside the park
- Audio guide in 19 languages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT: After booking, you may receive an instant confirmation email or mobile ticket, but these CANNOT be used to redeem your entrance ticket
- You will receive a separate voucher email via the local operator with your admission ticket with QR Code within 5 days of your selected entry day
- If your travel window is within 3 days from your booking day, you will receive your admission ticket with QR Code within 20 hours
- Redemption Method: Use your QR Code at the ticket office entrance or scan your QR code at the gate's entrance machine for direct access
- Trouble at Entrance: If you are having trouble at the entrance, please see the ticket attendant at the ticket office. Please note that their English may be limited
- Children under 6 years old or under 1.2 meters high access for free.
- Redemption time: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tickets must be used on the specific day
- Tickets can only be used once. Re-entry not allowed
- All guests under the same reservation must enter the park together
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
After having paid for my entrance weeks in advance, I was required to buy a brand new ticket upon entry because Trip Advisor failed to send me a voucher. Don’t use Trip Advisor. It’s a waste of money.
Date of experience: January 2020
Response from VictorVariarts, Public Relations Manager at Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket
Responded 5 Jan. 2020
Hi Michelle, We are a distributing agent for the Summer Palace and unfortunately, they only send us the QR Code for entry 5 days prior to your entry date. After we receive the QR Code, it is sent as a voucher to you via email as stated in the details of the product prior and in the email after booking. Many other guests book our product and have no issues. Thank you, Vic from Variarts
There are more parts to the palace wheee you need extra tickets, but with this ticket, you’re able to see a lot of the park and honestly, it is large enough for one to not have to buy the additional tickets. Gorgeous palace. Super peaceful place.
Date of experience: November 2019
The Summer Palace easy to get to on the subway, station is close to the north gate. Entrance is via the QR code, which is sent as a 2nd email, the first is the ticket. Worked well on the day, but is entrance only, so any inside sites you have to buy a ticket. Overall very nice…
Date of experience: October 2019
Beautiful lakeside gardens in the Palace, lovely, small museum plus the lakeside views. The marble boat was a surprise feature!
Date of experience: May 2019
It’s an admission ticket - it got us in to the summer palace nice and quickly! Easy to book, then quickly received an email with the QR code which you scan at the barriers to get in.
Date of experience: August 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: VariArts Travel
Sichuan Opera: Shufeng in Chengdu
This was a fantastic experience for my children and I. The Opera was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed dressing u…
If you go yo Guilin it means you should take Li river Cruise, they pick you up from you hotel and the others from o…
Dynamic but limited show
The show is at times breathtaking in the physical dynamism of the performers. It is a great spectacle - superb colo…
Ticket at the gate
It was easy to buy tickets on the spot with cash. Locals use other Chinese apps for tickets and payment solution. I…
I didn't expect this show to be as high quality as it was. It was absolutely excellent and I will for sure go back …
A long line of boats but a fantastic view!
We had a giggle as we were expecting a leisurely cruise along the river but there were no less than 50 large ferrie…
One of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen, cannot vault the performance. There was snacks on site and the staff…
Good trip and park area with garden and temple of heaven. Also you can see a lot what chinese people do to relax an…
Waking The Great Wall
The Great Wall id a wonderful place to visit, to take pictures and video. If and when you visit The Great Wall drin…
Worthwhile trip with kids. My boys (10 & 6) really enjoyed the show and was one of their highlights of the trip
Breathtakingly beautiful lakes
This group of 5 or 6 lakes connected by small water falls are is stunningly beautiful with the background snowy mou…
A super way to celebrate a Golden Wedding Anniversary!
We spent about five hours there on our wedding anniversary last July. It was a splendid experience. We took two fri…
What an absolutely phenomenal show. We would highly recommend it and will certainly go to see it again, if we end u…
Great show but....
The show was great and very well thought out and very creative. There were so many vibrant colors and effects it wa…
Pandas 🐼 But No Food
I purchased family tickets from Klook including food, so was disappointed to discover the restaurants were closed. …
- Duration: 1–3 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 5,210 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 676 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket
What time does Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket start?
Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket on Tripadvisor
How much is Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket?
Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket price starts from AU$7.02. Discover and book Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket on Tripadvisor
What is the Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket cancellation policy?
Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Beijing Summer Palace Admission Ticket on Tripadvisor