Most Important Facts You Should Know
• Chinese name: 金山岭 Jīnshānlǐng /jin-shan-ling/ 'Gold Mountain Ridge'
• Location: 130 km (80 miles) northeast of Beijing, about 2½ hours' drive
• Restoration: Half restored and half wild
• Eating: Jinshan Hotel
• History: built from 1358–1389, rebuilt in 1567 and 1570
• Activities: hiking, photography
• Opening hours: 8:00am–5:00pm
• Best times: spring and autumn, especially May and June for the beautiful green mountain scenery and comfortable weather.
• Why Jinshanling is the Most Popular Great Wall Hiking Section
jinshanling The Great Wall of China — Jinshanling Section
Hiking the Jinshanling and Simatai sections: A popular hiking route is to walk along the Great Wall from Jinshanling to Simatai, which takes about 4 hours.
Less Crowded: Jinshanling's Great Wall has retained its original look since its construction several hundred years ago. It is relatively isolated and offers a great view.
• Pick up by our professional tour guide / driver at 8:00 a.m.
• Driving directly to Jinshanling Great Wall about two hours .
• Hiking and explore on the wall about 3- 4 hours
• Eating at the local restaurant with Chinese style lunch
• Back to your hotel in Beijing City
• Finished tour around 18:00 p.m.