Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Chora MuseumStop: 5 hours - Admission excludedMeet your private guide at Istanbul cruise port and board your private, air-conditioned minivan. As you head for the European side of the city, listen to enlightening facts about this Asian-European metropolis that, as Constantinople, was the capital of the Roman, Byzantine, Latin and Ottoman Empires. Your first stop is the Chora Church, also called the Kariye Museum, in the Fatih district. Originally built in the 5th century, before being rebuilt between the 11th and 14th centuries, this Byzantine gem is adorned with magnificent mosaics and frescoes. Head inside to marvel at the gold 14th-century masterpieces, including those on the domes depicting Christ’s genealogy and Mary with the baby Jesus. Continue to the city's Sultanahmet area and Basilica Cistern. Descend into this underground, 6th-century water facility and discover how it once brought water into Istanbul before being shut down and forgotten for centuries. Explore the illuminated, pillar-packed interior and see the Roman-era Medusa heads that the cistern's Byzantine builders regarded merely as rubble and used as bases for two pillars. Continue to the Egyptian Bazaar, also known as the Spice Bazaar, in the Eminönü district. With your guide, delve into this colorful labyrinth of stalls that was first established in 1664. Absorb the heady aromas of the nut, spice, oil and sweets stalls, and perhaps bargain for baskets, jewelry and other souvenirs with help from your guide. Afterward, return to your minivan and drive back to the cruise port, where your tour ends. Please note: The Chora Church is closed on Wednesdays. If your tour falls on a Wednesday, the Hagia Sophia Museum will be visited instead. Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to Istanbul cruise port for this activity.Read more
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Chora Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is highly recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Fez Travel
9 day silk road tour
An amazing tour company and exceptional tour, our guide Genghiskan was knowledgeable and extremely educated, spoke …
Great Way to See the Turkish Highlights
The best part of the trip was the people on my tour and tour guide. Genghis Khan was our tour guide and he went by …
Gallipoli is amazing
The trip was absolutely phenomenal. Goksu Pamir was an excellent guide and the driver "Saffy" was personable and pr…
We used Fez travel for our Turkey vacation. Originally we were supposed to do this trip in April but Covid happened…
INCREDIBLE! One of the best experiences of my life!
Wow. I am thoroughly impressed. Staying in Istanbul for a month (from America) to work remotely and do graduate sch…
An intriguing insight into WW1
We did the guided day trip to Gallipoli from Istanbul and had a great time! There was initial confusion and we miss…
Great Introduction to Turkey
I just finished this tour (27th July - 2nd August) and it was fantastic. Our guide was Göksu, our driver was Murat …
Good start after pandemic breakdown
My husband and I just done 7day Turkey classics tour with Fez travel (July, 20 - July, 26) and as we known, we were…
Fez goes the extra mile in time of crisis
Ive done a lot of tours will Fez travel and they are amazing. They book in beautiful hotels and everything is effic…
GREAT TURKEY EXPERIENCE
We loved the tour, felt safe, got to see the ruins of Troy, Perganon, Ephesus, Hierapolis, then head out to Konya a…
my experience with Fez in Turkey
I travelled with Fez travels on 14th Oct . Tour called Turkey beauty tour- 8 day tour. the tour was Ok on the whole…
When reviewing a tour we should try to focus on the tour guide, the facilities and service rather than the locations.
The reason why I am reviewing this tour with two stars is due to the poor guiding skills of Metin P, because we nee…
Long journey from Istanbul but rich in history
It took me 5 hours bus travel from Istanbul to Eceabat to board the Ferry to Canakkale where the City of Troy is lo…
one of the most beautiful places i have seen. i have been there twice. each time i was amazed. hold your breath bef…
Very informative tour guide!
Thank you to our guide, Goksu Pomir for being so informative and friendly during our 10-day tour around Turkey! The…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 686 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,065 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,499 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 724 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 188 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour?
Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour price starts from AU$218.17. Discover and book Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour cancellation policy?
Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour?
Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour is hosted by Fez Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Fez Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Shore Excursion: Istanbul Hidden Highlights Private Tour on Tripadvisor