The city of Dambulla is 148 km north-east of Colombo, in the Central Province of Sri Lanka. It is home to an ancient cave Temple also known as the Golden Rock Temple, which is a popular tourist attraction. Approximately 25kms from Dambulla is Sigiriya, which is where you will find the “Lion’s Rock”. This is a 220 metre high rock, at the top of which an ancient King built his Palace. In addition to being a well maintained model of ancient urban life, Sigiriya is also an adventure of rock climbing for many. A day tour of Sigiriya and Dambulla will suffice for you to explore Sri Lanka’s Majestic past. Leave from Colombo at about 6.00 a.m., enjoy the scenic four hour drive to your destination, explore the two cities, and be back to Colombo by midnight.
• Pick up from Colombo hotel and transfer to Dambulla (Approximately 4-5 hours drive)
• Visit Dambulla cave Temple a UNESCO World Heritage site
• Lunch at a recommended restaurant
• Visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage site (8th wonder of the world).
• Back to your hotel (Approximately 4-5 hours drive)