View all photos (6)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Colombo FortStop: 3 hours -You will be starting your tour at 10:00 am or 03:00 pm from the Fort Railway Station. Your guide will be meeting up with you at the Inquiries Desk and take you on a walk through some of the busiest streets of Colombo - the lively trade zone of Pettah. With large crowds of people, come food sellers and stalls to appease their hunger. These are the stalls that you will be stopping by. You will be starting off with a nice refreshing freshly cut king coconut drink, so that you stay hydrated under the heat of the tropical sun. It will also serve to arouse your appetite. Your next stop will be a hopper stall, where you can try normal hoppers, egg hoppers, or milk hoppers. It’s served with a spicy Sri Lankan sambol. If you opt not to have the crispy hoppers, you can try the soft steamed goodness of string-hoppers instead. You will be then be walking on till you reach a stall where pickles and fruit chutneys are sold. These sweet and sour flavors are much loved additions to Sri Lankan meals. You will have the chance to try some of the flavors and possibly even purchase a bottle to take home.Following this you stop by a Cassava Chip stall, where you will get to see the process of the chips getting made. You can then try a small bag of these and crunch on them as you walk. The next stop of your tour will be a tea stall, displaying the attractive pouring technique that makes the tea made in these stalls so fragrant and delicious. After trying a cup, you will be getting some freshly fried samosas to eat. This leg of the tour will end with the tasting of some exotic Sri Lankan fruits. They are not only delicious, but will also help you digest the food that you have already consumed, ensuring that you can try more delicacies as part of the next leg of the tour. After this point you will spend some time sightseeing in the market. At approximately 12:00 pm you will be walking to a larger stall where more filling meals are made. There you can choose a lunch of lump-rice or koththu rotti. Lump rice or lamprais as some of the locals spell it, is a package or ‘lump’ of rice and curries wrapped in a banana leaf and kept in a hot oven. In the case of Koththu Roti, its made of a type of rotti called paratha chopped up into pieces and mixed with spices, vegetables, eggs, chicken, and sometimes even cheese. There are vegetarian and seafood options available too. Keep in mind that this is a very heavy meal, with a single portion being usually enough for two. Next you will be visiting a fruit stall where you will be able to try the different types of bananas available in Sri Lanka. You would be surprised to know that there are over 5 varieties. The final delicacy on the menu will make your desert, a chewy sweet made out of winter melon. Your tour will be completed at 1:00 pm the morning tour and 06:00 pm, with your stomach filled with all these mouthwatering delicacies.Read more
- Private Guide
- 10 Street Food Tasting
- 2 Nonalcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- other alternative tour cost
- Duration 3 hours
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes and hats recommended
- Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements so we can ensure these needs are taken care of.
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
Plymouth, United Kingdom218
Beautiful country and great driver
We spent 15 days on a private tour of Sri Lanka, booked through Lakpura. We had a good itinerary and were…
Excellent and reliable service!
Great and reliable service for airport transfer! Excellent communication. Would definitely recommend!
Everything that we expected - Good Job!
Lakpura Travel put together a 9-day tour of Sri Lanka that hit the highlights, mostly in the Southern half of the…
We did the tour yesterday. Mr Christos was a very safe driver and had an easy going manner. The tea plantation was…
Great fun and different way to see Colombo
We had a great half-day driving around Colombo in the jeeps. We were very well looked after throughout the tour.…
Chapin, South Carolina34875
Perfect transfers and tours
Lakpura provided excellent service for our recent 7 day trip to Sri Lanka. Great communication by their office…
New York City, New York1119
One of a kind experience in Colombo!
It was a mind blowing, bone shaking experience on a tuk tuk in Colombo. sampath is a great guide! must do in…
Amsterdam, The Netherlands147
Kandyan Dance workshop
I think it was the best choice to take this workshop during my travel. The ladies are wonderful, I was helped,…
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates108
We had a wonderful time in Sri Lanka
We visited Sri Lanka for 5 days and had a private tour with Lakpura company. Dinakshi our tour executive was very…
Tuktuk tour Colombo
Yes I would recommend this tour to help you find the most interesting things in Colombo. The temples are amazing.…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255