Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Vung Tau, known as Cap Saint Jacque in French is about 125 kilometres Southeast of Ho Chi Minh City. The name means ‘anchorage’ as during the 14th and 15th centuries Vung Tau was a swamp which European trading ships visited regularly. With 15 kilometres of coastline, Vung Tau is endowed with many sandy beaches such as Bai Truoc (Front Beach), Bai Sau (Back Beach), Bai Dua (Dua Beach)... Vung Tau also has many famous sightseeing spots such as the Great Jesus Christ Statue, the White Palace... Located 125 kilometers southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, Vung Tau City is home to impressive statues, temples, gardens and bay vistas. Known as Cap Saint-Jacques under French colonization, the city was once a popular beach destination for servicemen of France and American. Famed with sandy beaches, clear blue water around the year, Vung Tau City an ideal place for people looking for an escaping trip from their hectic life.
- You'll start atHotel Continental SaigonOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Vung Tau BeachStop: 8 hours - Admission includedFollowing the pick up at Vung Tau (or Phu My Port), we start our city tour to explore this small exciting sea-town. We will first visit the spectacular Jesus Statue for a morning panoramic view of the city and shoreline. Built in 1972, this statue is standing in Nui Nho (Nho Mount) with 32 meters high and 18.3 meters long arms. Climbing nearly 900 steps to the top; we will enjoy a breathtaking view of Vung Tau City. When you go down, get yourself relaxed by a cool drink offered by our tour guide before transferring to our next visit – Niet Ban Tinh Xa (Nirvana Pagoda). Nirvana Pagoda or Lying Buddha Pagoda (12m Buddha made of marble) was built in 1969 and is one of the biggest pagodas in the city. When you get here, you can try to drum the giant bronze bell in the upper level for fortune, good health, and success. The next place in our tour itinerary is the White Palace which was used as the summer palace of the last Emperor of Vietnam, Bao Dai. Vung Tau City Tour – Afternoon After lunch in a local restaurant with seafood mainly, we will continue our city tour to Whale Temple, which worship to the remains of a whale washed up on the Vung Tau beach over 100 years ago and also stop at fishing village for Photo before driving back Ho Chi Minh City.Read more
- You'll end atHotel Continental Saigon132-134 Đồng Khởi, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, VietnamYou will be picked up at your hotel which is located within district 1, 3, 4. Picking up at other districts might be extra charged.See address & details
Hotel Continental Saigon, 132-134 Đồng Khởi, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Returns to original departure point
- English-speaking guide
- Seafood lunch
- Air-con car/van pick up and drop off
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Travel insurance: $5000 USD/ case/ pax
- Entry/Admission - Vung Tau Beach
- Personal expensive
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Climbed 8oo stairs good view over city . Cable car great view better for children as park lots to do. Had fresh seafood for lunch. Loc an easy going tour guide, so good to have.
Date of experience: March 2019
1 Helpful vote
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Vietnam Holidays Travel
Cu Chi Tunnels
Our guide (Bo?) was very nice and friendly. We went to a lacquer art factory and gallery that employs people affect…
Went today on the tour. Our guide was excellent friendly and really informative. He was waiting for us in the hotel…
Great visit to the cu Chi tunnels
Perfect...no complaints...great ride and lunch....good cultural experiences in the tour! Car was neat and clean...h…
A very good possibility to see the most important points from Saigon( i hope to use official name very soon)
Good Tour. However, it is in Vietnamese not English
Language: Note the entire tour is in Vietnamese. However, the tour guide can speak English. I can only understand/s…
Could not have had a better day out! Luc was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed every aspect of the tour immensely, …
MORE LIKE A SHOPPING TOUR
Our Tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable. however, this tour is more focused on selling you stuff from diffe…
A wonderful tour!
Luc is a wonderful guide. He is impressively knowledgeable about HCM city and Vietnam, especially its culture and h…
Had a great day, Tuan our guide was excellent, friendly and informative. Picked us up from our hotel and dropped us…
What a fantastic place to visit. The Mekong river tour is a must. Absolutely awesome. Tour guides are professional …
My husband and I enjoyed the water puppet show a lot. Even though we didn’t understand the language the show was ve…
Amazing private tour
My wife and I had the most incredible tour today. We were picked up at our ship by Luc and his driver Tuan. Luc and…
Miguel from France
We had an amazing time on this tour. Luc talks very good English and is also nice and very interesting. The tour is…
This was a great day and most enjoyable. Our group had a total of 6 which was a good size – small enough for the or…
Vietnam day 1
Our trip to the Cuchi tunnel and Mekong Delta river tour was marvelous! From booking to the actual day of the tour …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 875 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City
What time does Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City start?
Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City on Tripadvisor
How much is Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City?
Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City price starts from AU$155.46. Discover and book Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City on Tripadvisor
What is the Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City cancellation policy?
Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City?
Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City is hosted by Vietnam Holidays Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Vietnam Holidays Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Vung Tau Full Day Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City on Tripadvisor