Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Join us on a sacred Kailash Pilgrimage during the auspicious Saga Dawa Festival. Kailash pilgrimage (KORA) - 52 km trek around Mount Kailash. The Saga Dawa Festival - Celebrates the birth, parinirvana (death), and enlightenment of Buddha. The most auspicious place to celebrate is the holy Mount Kailash. Clean your KARMA. Mount Kailash - the Stairway to Heaven is the most sacred and mysterious mountain peak of all Himalayas. One KORA around the sacred mountain will wipe away all the sins (bad karma) of one's current lifetime. The KORA trek during the Saga Dawa Festival is a time when ones merits are accumulated from this holy pilgrimage and is multiplied 100,000 times. This is a unique opportunity to prepare yourself and successfully complete a Kailash Pilgrimage with the guidance of Lama Tendar during the most auspicious and significant time of a year - Saga Dawa Festival. Places are limited to 20 pilgrims.
Arrive in Kathmandu. You will be...
Full Day Tara retreat with Lama...
Stay at the resort
Drive to Kathmandu.
Drive from Kathmandu to Gyirong
Stay at Port Gyirong for...
Drive from Gyirong to Saga
Stay in Saga for acclimatisation
Drive from Saga to Manasarovar...
Drive to Darchen
Kailash kora - Day 1
Kailash kora - Day 2
Kailash kora - Day 3
Kailash Kora - Day 4
Drive from Saga to Shigatse
Drive from Shigatse to Lhasa
Pataleban Vineyard Resort, Chisapani, Chandragiri 2, Nepal
Lhasa, Tibet, China
- All Fees and Taxes
- Spiritual guidance, Group Pilgrimage Meditation Sessions and Teachings by Lama Tendar
- Participation in the Tibetan sacred ceremonies during the Pilgrimage
- Private airport transfer at the start of the tour
- Local English speaking expert guide in Kathmandu
- Physical preparation training advice, group training sessions and local hikes are all provided
- All entrance fees at sites in the itinerary
- Yaks to carry luggage during Kailash Pilgrimage
- Expert local Tibetan guide whilst in Tibet
- All Tibetan Visas and Permits are provided
- Oxygen tank and water in the bus at all times
- Entry/Admission - Pataleban Vineyard Resort
- Entry/Admission - Boudhanath Stupa
- Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
- Entry/Admission - Swayambhunath Temple
- Entry/Admission - Lake Manasarovar
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kailash
- Entry/Admission - Tashilunpo Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Potala Palace
- Entry/Admission - Sera Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Norbulingka (Precious Stone Garden)
- Entry/Admission - Jokhang Temple
- Flights to Kathmandu for the start of the tour
- Flights back home from Lhasa at the end of the tour
- Nepal 15 Day double entry visa
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips to guides and drivers
- Personal insurance, we recommend you obtain travel insurance with coverage for medical repatriation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Although the tourism company was supposed to provide AC rooms at all the mid-way night-stays along with two tour-guides, only one guide was provided and poor quality lodging was given. The only thing which met my expectations was the food.
Date of experience: January 2020
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Pataleban Vineyard Resort, Pataleban Vineyard Resort, and 21 more
- Duration: 21 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 115 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 651 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Mount Kailash Pilgrimage
What time does Mount Kailash Pilgrimage start?
Mount Kailash Pilgrimage will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Mount Kailash Pilgrimage on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Mount Kailash Pilgrimage?
How much is Mount Kailash Pilgrimage?
Mount Kailash Pilgrimage price starts from AU$13,118.90. Discover and book Mount Kailash Pilgrimage on Tripadvisor
What is the Mount Kailash Pilgrimage cancellation policy?
Mount Kailash Pilgrimage cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Mount Kailash Pilgrimage on Tripadvisor