Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The life of a Nepalese Sherpa has long been considered exotic and exciting: Sherpa Porters live their lives on the mountain, carrying the luggage of travellers hoping to glimpse the incredible views and altitudes that the Sherpa’s are able to enjoy almost every day. Sherpa's live their lives high in the Himalayas and their lives are tied to the mountains. The youngest person to ever reach Everest's summit was a Sherpa boy named Temba Tsheri who was just 16 when he reached the peak in 2001. One of the most famous Sherpa’s though is Tenzing Norgay who, alongside Sir Edmund Hilary, became the first person to reach the mountain’s summit in 1953. It is famously said that Norgay did everything that Sir Edmund Hilary did, but whist carrying a tremendous weight at the same time.
- 4 nights accommodation in Kathmandu (twin sharing) with breakfast
- 11 nights accommodation at Guest Houses on the trek (twin sharing) with breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Professional Trek guide
- 1 Sherpa shared porter for 2 persons
- Round-trip flights (Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu)
- Trek permits
- Pick up / drop off as per outlined itinerary
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Trekking equipment including sleeping bag and jacket
- Travel Insurance
- Nepal visa
- International flight ticket
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Nepal Hiking
Awesome trip to Kathmandu
From the minute we were greeted at the airport by Bhairam till our departure, we had an awesome time in Nepal. Our …
Tour of Kathmandu, drive to Nagakot and walked to the top to view sunrise.
Pleasant and informative guide. Good driver and patiently waited while we did our tours. Wonderful flight to view E…
Excellent tour. I thought I joined a tour group but ended up being the solo traveler. I was treated well and enjoye…
It was my first trip to the Himalayas which ended up being the best adventurous experience of my entire life. What …
Best experience ever
Very knowledgeable and considerate tour operator, they went above and beyond our expectations to provide a memorabl…
Annapurna circuit trekking tour
We went for 21-day journey and we enjoyed it! Everything was perfectly organized!Thank you for your hospitality, fr…
This tour was very accommodating with any needs I had, and were willing to provide solo tours if no other people ha…
Kanchenjunga North and South base camp.
Nepal Hiking arranged a bespoke trek especially for a friend and I so that we did not have to join a larger group. …
Sundarijal National Park
Pick-up from hotel in Kathmandu exactly on time followed by drive to Prakriti Resort in Sundarijal National Park. T…
Nepal Hiking Pvt. organized our tour and paid attention to all the details to accommodate us. I highly recommend Ne…
3 Days Chitwan Jungle Safari Tour
This Tour was a great opportunity to explore the natural beauty of the Chitwan region both in land and on river. I …
Super satisfied with Nepal Hiking and i would highly recommend it to anyone. Bhairam is great person. He waited for…
An amazing trek to EBC with Nepal Hiking Pvt.
I highly recommend Nepal Hiking Pvt. team to anyone who is interested to do treks or just sightseeing tours in Nepa…
Incredible trek, flawless organisation and great customer service!
We were a group of just two with a guide and a porter, most other companies wouldn't accommodate a group of just tw…
Amasing organisation!! Organisation and preparation for the adventure was excellent. The guide on the trek was terr…
- Duration: 16 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days
What time does Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days start?
Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days will start at 7:15 AM. Discover and book Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days on Tripadvisor
How much is Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days?
Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days price starts from AU$2,216.34. Discover and book Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days on Tripadvisor
What is the Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days cancellation policy?
Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days?
Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days is hosted by Nepal Hiking. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Nepal Hiking on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Be a Sherpa Porter on an Everest Base Camp Trek - 16 days on Tripadvisor