Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
A remote Indian Ocean island, Mauritius draws a wealth of marine mammals. Join experienced spotters on this small-group adventure, which includes a simple breakfast and lunch. Cruise to Tamarin Bay, where you can expect to see dolphins—and enter the water (conditions depending). After a snorkel, your crew will use a hydrophone to listen for humpback and sperm whales: There’s around a 60% chance of seeing one.
- You'll start atLa Jetée RoadLa Jetée Rd, Grande Riviere Noire, MauritiusDeparture Point: La Jetée Road, Grande Rivière Noire, Black River, Mauritius GPS Point: S(y) 20.36432 E(x) 57.37234 Directions: GPS Point: S(y) 20.36432 E(x) 57.37234 Dates: See AvailabilitySee address & details
- 1DolswimStop: 5 hours - Admission includedMeeting time at 7 a.m. in Black River Mauritius for a light breakfast. At 7:30 a.m. you will leave on one of our speed boats for an unforgettable encounter. You will observe wild dolphins in their natural environment. If the conditions are right, you can also swim with them, accompanied by a skipper (max 2 persons at a time). We will first explain you the rules for a respectful encounter with the dolphins. The first part of this excursion ends with a snorkeling on the coral reef. Then it is time to go observe the whales. With the help of a hydrophone, our crew will try to localize them. Humpback whales can be observed between June and November while Sperm whales can be observed all year round. A sandwich and soft drinks will be served during the trip. Return around 1 p.m. We guarantee a 60% chance to see the whales.Read more
- You'll end atLa Jetée RoadLa Jetée Rd, Grande Riviere Noire, MauritiusDeparture Point: La Jetée Road, Grande Rivière Noire, Black River, Mauritius GPS Point: S(y) 20.36432 E(x) 57.37234 Directions: GPS Point: S(y) 20.36432 E(x) 57.37234 Dates: See AvailabilitySee address & details
- Look for dolphins, sperm whales, and (between June and November) humpbacks
- Snorkel coral reef and join dolphins in the ocean when conditions permit
- Listen for whale song through a hydrophone, with a 60% chance of sightings
- No need to order boxed meals: Tour includes pastry breakfast and a sandwich
La Jetée Road, La Jetée Rd, Grande Riviere Noire, Mauritius
Returns to original departure point
- Soft drinks
- Bottled water
- coffee, tea, juice, breakfast pastries
- Live commentary on board
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Dolswim
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- Wheelchair: We will carry the person on to the boat. Please advise weight. The wheelchair will not go on the boat and wheelchair clients will not go in the water. Exclusive excursion recommended for these clients.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
As amazing as this experience and company was It became very crowded when ever we found dolphins as boats would pop out from everywhere and people would be jumping in all over the place. All the guides were very friendly and knowledgable. And we were lucky enough to see a few…
Date of experience: September 2019
Booked and pre paid for dolphin encounter and whale watching. Upon getting to the bay where the dolphins were, there was a large number of other tour boats there all doing the same thing and a number of swimmers in the water. We were told that only 2 of us could go in the water…
1 Helpful vote
Julian and Fabian were our crew, Whale watching - best experience* (way better than the hermanus tour, I did in South Africa.) Very patient and they make sure everybody gets their chance to see the dolphins swim underwater. All in all - a well organized trip, better than what…
Me and my wife came to Mauritius for our honeymoon and decided to swim with wild dolphins and go whale watching as neither of us had done it before. We chose this as we agreed we would prefer to see them in natural surroundings rather than in a horrible little tank in a park or…
Date of experience: November 2019
It was a very early morning, but so worth it! Very nice and friendly crew, who handled the boat perfectly. First we found a large school of dolphines (incredibly lucky!), around 300 both Spinners and Bottle nose! We stayed with the dolphines until all had had two chances to swim…
Date of experience: October 2019
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
Mr & Mrs Wright honeymoon
Brilliant well organised company, got to see both dolphins & whales close up another thing ticked off the bucket li…
Managed to See Sperm Whales
The whole experience was great. Saw some sperm whales for the 1st time in my life. There were also dolphins and tur…
Whale and dolphin boat trip
Blue Quest were excellent. Just returned today from a trip to see the dolphins and whales. We were told it was only…
We booked a whale encounter. And we did not see whales. They said chance is 60%. They said in the end the captain s…
Jump jump jump
We enjoyed the dolswim however it is more dolphin chasing than swim. They are fast and you can see them if you are …
Excellent Dolphin view
Despite our luck regarding weather and water visibility, the crew was very good, giving us the best instructions to…
Mr & Mrs Wright Honeymoon
We had a fantastic day with Dolswim, greeted by a friendly smile from Vic & given some safety/lifejacket advice, we…
Very nice experience, dolswin is the best company for doing swiming with dolphins. It is very difficult to swin aft…
Dolphin and whale experience
We booked this experience with the help of our TUI rep although it was not one they offered, we knew that the chanc…
Wonderful experience! Such good value too!
Although an early start is required to this excursion-it is 110% worth it!!!! After a safety briefing and some bre…
Best day ever ... even according to the kids!
We are a family of 7 and ended up on a boat ourselves, which was nice. We were with Miguel and Juan. Both excellent…
Amazing opportunity to watch sea mammals
We took this boats trip and didn't regret a thing. The staff was very friendly, they tell you everything about sea …
Dolswim is highly recommended if you're visiting Mauritius at some point. We were able to swim near a pod of dolphi…
Big game fishing
Thank you very much for a fabulous day fishing!! We all had a great time even we didnt catch a big fish. Breakfast…
Terrible experience with dolswim booked by Mautourco
Worst and most dissapointing part of the holiday in Mauritius. Mautourco promised continental breakfast as well as …
- Duration: 5h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 941 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching
What time does Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching start?
Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching on Tripadvisor
How much is Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching?
Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching price starts from AU$145.16. Discover and book Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching on Tripadvisor
What is the Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching cancellation policy?
Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching?
Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching is hosted by Dolswim. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Dolswim on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Dolphins Encounter and Whale Watching on Tripadvisor