Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 5)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Our exclusive private trip to Essaouira is a great way to escape the big cities, relax at the beautiful Atlantic coast and get to know the history of the Moroccan most famous sea port. Known as the ‘small forthress’ in Berber language, Essaouira is an exceptional example of a late 18th century fortified town. Since its foundation, it has been a major international trading seaport, linking Morocco and Sub-Saharan Africa with Europe and the rest of the world. The town is also an example of a multicultural centre as proven by the coexistence, since its foundation, of diverse ethnic groups, such as the Amazighs, Arabs, Africans, and Europeans. Essaouira is also famous for surfing, film sets (Games of Thrones, John Wick) as well as the cuisine. Try fresh Atlantic fish and seafood at the local restaurants, a must do when visiting Essaouira. Contact us for local city guides in Essaouira.
- You'll start atMarrakeshOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Essaouira Fishing PortStop: 8 hours - Admission includedStart your day 8am with a pick up from your accommodation. Drive through the rolling hills filled with various farmlands of almond and olive trees. Explore Essaouira’s rich history starting from the charming 18th century Medina, UNESCO World Heritage Site. Stroll down the beautiful long coast overlooking the old fortified city and explore local markets in the souks filled with hand made products. Enjoy a camel or horse ride along the charming coast. After visiting the city’s famous spots, take a lunch break in one of the local restaurants. Taste fresh Atlantic fish and seafood, a must do when visiting Essaouira. Our driver will pick you up where the journey started and take you back to your Marrakesh accommodation. Estimated arrival time 6pm. Contact us for local city guides in Essaouira.Read more
- You'll end atMarrakeshMarrakesh, MoroccoSee address & details
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local Official Guide in Essaouira
- Entry/Admission - Essaouira Fishing Port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: The Alternative Morocco
Great trip beautiful mountain surroundings
Our group visited Morocco in February for a retreat and workshops. We’ve spent lots of great time in nature, attend…
Beautiful day out. Stunning area. Perfectly organised.
After returning to Morocco for a yoga retreat organised by The Alternative Morocco, our group also booked an additi…
This is a tough day out
We had high hopes for this trip based on the reviews and itinerary but all was not as it seemed. We were picked up …
Great day out,Seeing Morocco in a different way
Booked through my hotel,it was good to get a pick up about 7am.Full day i believe 12hrs so long way to go.Climbing …
Beautiful surroundings. Great day
We very much enjoyed Ouzoud day trip. No delays, our driver made sure we’re on time everywhere without rushing. Lot…
Well organized, strongly recommended for a day trip. We get things that we wanted to see, especially the guide who …
Lovely experience. Professional, great service. Highly recommend!
I travel to Morocco regularly doing various holistic retreats. It’s always a pleasure working with The Alternative …
Well organised. Beautiful places.
We had such an amazing time on this day trip. The Alternative Morocco helped us with the suggestions and planning a…
Great day. Super service!
We had an amazing time visiting Ait Benhaddou. The way is long but so beautiful! We stopped in High Atlas a few ti…
After waiting an hour for driver tour was cancelled and then went downhill from there.
So I waited an hour for the driver and then they send an email the tour is cancelled and offer to take me on the wa…
Great service, highly recommend!
We upgraded our tour to private, it was well worth it! Drive through the High Atlas Mountain is one of the most bea…
It was an amazing visit
Good organisation and comfy bus. Been there with few friends of mine and the reservation went smooth and no delays…
Great trip, lots of amazing places and people
I came back to Morocco with a few friends, its always a pleasure to use The Alternative Morocco. Lots of advice, pr…
The trip started with a bit wait, once it started the landscapes are more and more facsinating. The minibus is clea…
Lovely experience with beautiful landscapes and people.
Our 4 days tour was very well prepared and organised. We made a list of places we would like to stop, our guides we…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Arabic, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 12,331 travellers!
from A$30.89* A$41.18
Popular: Booked by 522 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 6,409 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 857 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 601 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech
What time does PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech start?
PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech on Tripadvisor
How much is PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech?
PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech price starts from AU$465.03. Discover and book PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech on Tripadvisor
What is the PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech cancellation policy?
PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book PRIVATE 1 Day Trip to ESSAOUIRA from Marrakech on Tripadvisor