View all photos (118)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Discover the marine life of Oahu while riding your own electric underwater scooter during this 2-hour cruise from Honolulu, ideal for families and nature lovers. Set out on Maunalua Bay aboard a power catamaran that passes Diamond Head Crater on the way to your dive spot. Go underwater aboard the self-propelled scooter, which allows you to observe sea turtles, tropical fish, and other marine creatures up close without requiring any prior experience.
- Observe the underwater world while riding a self-propelled, submersible electric scooter
- Descend on your own scooter with attached diving helmet that allows you to breathe underwater
- Take turns diving on the submersible scooter and snorkeling from the boat or sunbathing on deck
- No experience necessary for this guided tour; equipment and snacks provided
What to Expect
Make your own way to Keahole Street in Honolulu to board your catamaran. On the way to the dive location, your captain steers the 50-foot (12-meter) boat past landmarks including Koko Crater and Diamond Head on Maunalua Bay. Before hopping in the water, your guide provides a safety briefing and instructions on handling the underwater scooter. When ready, small groups take turns descending into the water on the scooter, accompanied by a guide. Your guide leads you past living coral reefs, through schools of tropical fish, and sea turtles. The submarine scooter makes it easy to go underwater and experience Hawaii's marine life up close without the hassle of donning complicated diving gear or undergoing extensive scuba training. After your turn on the scooter, use the provided snorkel gear, or take in the scenery and snack on refreshments on board the boat. Your guide shares commentary about the island's history, and points out local filming locations for TV shows and movies. At the end of your 2-hour tour, the catamaran returns to your departure point.
Hawaii Kai, Honolulu, HI, USA
Returns to original departure point
- All equipment
- Wetsuit top and snorkel gear
- Snacks and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years old or minimum height is 4 feet (1.2 meters) tall
- Please wear a swimsuit. Please bring a towel and sunscreen
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Maximum weight is 350 lbs. Waiver is required prior to adventure and participant must have no previous medical conditions; minors must have waiver signed by parent or legal guardian.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Time of year
I love fish and the sea, but I never dared to experience it. But I plan to have this experience on my next trip
Date of experience: September 2020
One of the most amazing experiences! The staff was awesome and really helped guide you to where you need to be to get the most fish action! We saw multiple turtles and a variety of different colorful fish! They just swim up straight to your face and circle around your hands as…
Date of experience: March 2020
I and my wife thoroughly enjoyed this activity during our anniversary trip to Oahu. Captain Micheal, Captain James and all other crew members especially the divers who will be with you through the entire time you spend in water are all amazing. Few tips for non swimmers like me:…
1 Helpful vote
This amazing team made our Oahu experience so memorable. One of my favorite things I did on the island
Date of experience: March 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Island WaterSports Hawaii
This was such a great time! This was my first time underwater in the ocean. I’m an ok swimmer but they treat you as…
My family and I signed up for the sub scooter experience and it was amazing, and a lot of fun! The crew were all v…
Definite do again activity
This was so fun! The crew was like Ohana-very friendly, helpful and super! They took still photos and a video und…
A fun activity to do in Oahu
We just got back from the Submarine Scooter Tour this morning. The crew was great at taking care of you the entire …
Can’t Swim But I Swam with the Fishes
I had the Best time. For someone who can’t swim, my nerves were BAD. I hyperventilated a couple of times but that’s…
This was a very unique experience if a little pricey.
We saw a number of turtles on the scooters and a few larger fish. The team looked after us and other visitors reall…
A great way to try scuba. You don't need to be a qualified diver. assisted by divers you get on scooters that tak…
This is the best thing that i ever did in my life, wonderful view of turtles and amazing fishes just on your hands,…
We did the scuba for beginners (booked via groupon). Had an amazing trip, my first scuba experience & I was quite a…
Must do in Oahu!
The guides were professional and friendly. The catamaran ride to the dive site was beautiful. On the submersible s…
Can't swim, but it was easy
I can barely swim, but the guides make it super easy and it was nice to see all the fish surround you. We enjoyed i…
submarine snorkel tour
Book this tour very last minute. So glad we did this tour. First time getting this up and close to the fishes. The …
Top choice of activities!
This excursion exceeded all of my previous activities!! I’m not a strong swimmer and will never be a diver and thi…
May 2019 Family Vacation
You will absolutely love doing this!!! Fun & fabulous adventure underwater with turtles & fish. The staff make you …
We are a family of 4 and we had a great time sub scooter. Great crew and service! We saw lots of fishes and even …
- Island WaterSports Hawaii
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure
How much is Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure?
Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure price starts from USD 108.90. Discover and book Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure on Tripadvisor
What is the Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure cancellation policy?
Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure?
Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure is hosted by Island WaterSports Hawaii. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Island WaterSports Hawaii on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Oahu Submarine Scooter Adventure on Tripadvisor