Imagine strolling through a Hungarian market, picking up the perfect ingredients for a delicious Hungarian meal with the help of an expert on Hungarian food, and then cooking all of that seasonal fresh produce in a private home kitchen.
If you are looking for just that – a Hungarian market tour and cooking class in English in Budapest – then this is the class for you!
We will meet you at the main entrance to the Central Market Hall, which is the biggest and the most famous indoor market in Europa and attracts shoppers for its spaciousness and architectural decor.
Your program goes like this:
9:00 – 10:30 Market tour at Budapest Central Market Hall, we select fresh ingredients needed for the cooking class and sample Hungarian specialties. Please, have just a light breakfast.
11:00 We arrive at our apartment. While we review the recipes you are served some Hungarian welcome snack and home-made palinka.
11:30-13:30 Cooking time. We prepare the dishes you have chosen previously. Soup, main course, dessert.
13:30–15:00 After cooking we eat the meals together and informally explore Hungarian culture, folklore, customs and traditions.
The price includes:
- A 6 hour long guided culinary and cultural adventure
- A visit to the Central Market Hall – you are going to sample Hungarian specialties at the market, so please have just a light breakfast
- All the ingredients necessary for the class
- 3 course meal
- Palinka (Hungarian fruit brandy)
- Water, coffee, tea
- Transport from the market to our home