After pickup from your central Dubai hotel, journey into the desert surrounding the city by air-conditioned 4x4.
Listen as your guide shares snippets about the desert and its role in Emirate culture, and then go off road for an exciting dune bash.
Next, head to a Bedouin-style camp and after a traditional welcome of coffee and dates and an optional puff on a shisha (Arabic water pipe).
Afterward, slow the pace with a camel ride and desert activities such henna tattoos before sitting down to a barbecue dinner. Menus vary (see Itinerary for a sample menu), but expect dishes such as shawarma (meat wraps) and salads paired with unlimited sodas, along with optional additional drinks available to purchase from the bar.
Itinerary Sample Menu:
First course (buffet selection):
• Shawarma (spit-roast meat wraps)
Mezze and salads (buffet selection):
• Baba ganoush (eggplant dip)
• Moutabel (spicy eggplant dip)
• Tabbouleh (cracked wheat salad with parsley, mint, tomatoes and lemon juice)
• Fatoush (toasted pitta bread salad)
• Arugula salad (rocket salad)
• Cabbage salad
BBQ and main course (buffet selection):
• Shish tawook (marinated grilled chicken kebabs)
• Chicken tikka
• Meat kebabs
• Fish fillets
• Mixed vegetable curry
• Dal curry (lentil curry)
• White rice
• Biryani rice
• Cumin potatoes
• Sautéed vegetables
• Arabic breads
Dessert (buffet selection):
• Jelly kunafa (shredded, filled wheat pastries)
• Assorted fresh fruits
• Tea, coffee and Arabic coffee
Finally, watch a belly dance show and tanoura (whirling dervish) performance before finishing with drop-off at your Dubai hotel.