We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
As part of the tour your local guide will introduce you to the history of the lighthouse and the shipping of the area. The tour covers the construction and function of the lighthouse, the colorful history of the lighthouse keepers and how the light has changed over time. We have an awesome collection of historical local photographs that complements the tour and depicts what life was like in the area when the lighthouse was permanently manned. The tour then enters the lantern room and then out onto the balcony for the spectacular 360 degree views of the Great Ocean Road, Eagle Rock Marine Sancuary and the Otways
Located at the western end of Federal Street Aireys Inlet. Tours commence at the entrance to the lighthouse building.
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
1. Children must be over the age of 5 years (for safety requirements)
2. An adult must accompany all children under age 10
3. Appropriate footwear must be worn. Thongs, sandals without heel straps and high heels are not safe to wear in the lighthouse
4. A moderate level of fitness is required as the lighthouse climb is quite strenuous
5. Not recommended for participants who suffer vertigo or claustrophobia
6. People with pacemakers and similar medical technology should not take a tour as they can be affected by telecommunication equipment housed in the lighthouse
7. A maximum of 10 participants are taken on each tour
8. Free parking is available in the car park at the end of Federal street. The lighthouse is then a 3 minute walk. Please make sure you do not park in a non standing zone as parking inspectors do frequent the area.
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.