A rare opportunity to visit one of Australia’s most famous vineyards. A must for those who appreciate the noble variety, Riesling; guests will enjoy the stunning vista from the Warilto homestead and be guided through a benchmark tasting of Jim Barry Rieslings. Experience Includes: Guided tasting of current vintage The Florita, Wolta Wolta, Lodge Hill and Watervale Rieslings Local produce platter in the vineyard Back vintage tasting in the winery private tasting room
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
- Local Produce Platter
- Departure details
- 33 Craig Hill Rd, Stanley Flat SA 5453, Australia
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 245851P7
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is The Florita Wine Tasting Experience?
- The Florita Wine Tasting Experience price starts from AU$153.77. Discover and book The Florita Wine Tasting Experience on Tripadvisor
- What is the The Florita Wine Tasting Experience cancellation policy?
- The Florita Wine Tasting Experience cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book The Florita Wine Tasting Experience on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides The Florita Wine Tasting Experience?
- The Florita Wine Tasting Experience is hosted by Jim Barry Wines. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Jim Barry Wines on Tripadvisor. Discover and book The Florita Wine Tasting Experience on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for The Florita Wine Tasting Experience?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book The Florita Wine Tasting Experience on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 245851P7
Reserve your spot
- You'll start at33 Craig Hill Rd33 Craig Hill Rd, Stanley Flat SA 5453, AustraliaSee address & details
- 1Jim Barry WinesStop: 3 hoursA rare opportunity to visit one of Australia’s most famous vineyards. A must for those who appreciate the noble variety, Riesling; guests will enjoy the stunning vista from the Warilto homestead and be guided through a benchmark tasting of Jim Barry Rieslings.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Jim Barry Wines
Joined in April 2008
- PerZee00Great wines and George rocks.Immersion tasting w the Darling Wife and Learning Daughter. Fabulously presented by George who managed us and various multitudes who drifted into the tasting room over the course of events with aplomb. I bought way too much wine as a result.
- Sherms5700wine food with a family experiencegreat wine and great family with a personal touch A winery and family that cater for all. including accommodation as required
- lorrainelawrie00Nice wines and excellent serviceWe had a really good tasting here. The person helping us was quite knowledgeable about their wines and we liked most of them but chose two to bring home that we really liked.
- P7991QIdavidm00Jim Barry wines with GeorgeArrived late Easter Sunday to find George providing excellent service and knowledge of the great Jim Barry wines. Well done George- thanks much
- Benson070300The Round Trip (Florita & Armagh)This was amazing, a truly personal experience with the effervescent Olivia Barry hosting us, introducing her dad, the legendary Peter Barry. Together they are the most genuine & generous people, who went out of their way to make this a truly memorable visit - recognising our appreciation for their deep family history & links to the terroir of the Clare. We toured the winery, then it was off to the high country Lodge Hill vineyard where they grow Riesling, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon & Assyrtiko (from cuttings obtained by Peter in Santorini). Spectacular countryside. Then we were off to the lovely Sevenhill church of St Aloysius. Olivia then took us onto Clos de Clare, the beautiful Florita Vineyard for a Riesling vertical tasting. This was great. Well tendered vineyard & gardens (great work Lloyd). After that, we had an absolutely top class 7 course lunch at the historic Watervale Hotel (superbly renovated building, outstanding food & hospitality). After lunch, we visited the Armagh Hut, for the next highlight - a tasting of the famous Jim Barry red wines (including Pb, Benbournie, McRae Wood), with tastings of 2 vintages of The Armagh - outstanding experience. Best day ever!
- P2708ZXianc00Essential wine visit at the Clare ValleyCathy and George at the Cellar door tasting were outstanding hosts. We were also extremely fortunate to meet Peter Barry, current owner and son of the original winemaker, Jim Barry. Peter gave us an extraordinary insight to the history and current activity. It was a great privilege to become his guests. The wines are outstanding and we left with bottles of Wolta Wolta (a Riesling collaboration with Germany) and Armagh, the top Shiraz. Jim Barry wines not to be missed at the Clare Valley.
- 124dic00A must visit in ClareJust wanted to compliment Cathy who hosted our tasting today, She was so knowledgeable and interesting. Made us feel very welcome and a great representative of the winery. Wines were amazing!
- 619jeffry00Reds are bestThe Clare Valley is best known for its white wines, especially riesling. It is said that riesling should have an edge to it, but sometimes I think it's just under ripe, I think the Jim Barry reds are the pick of the bunch, particularly the shiraz We were passing through, but I'm glad we stopped off.
- SplodgeInternational00Jim Barry collectors tasting experience- amazingOlivia drove all the way from Adelaide to give just myself a 2 hr full Jim Barry tasting. Amazing service, so much interesting info and perspectives whilst not being pushy at all. Wonderful wines, so interesting to compare Coonawarra to Clare and of course the amazing Armagh, with the 2012 being my personal favourite. Thank you Olivia, we will be recommending you and Jim Barry wines to all our friends.
- Y9085RKpetere00Full Jim Barry Wine tasting ExperienceWe have done a lot of tastings in SA, VIC and Tas, and this 2 hour tasting was the best that we have ever experienced. Colourful and detailed conversation with Olivia, with each of the 15 wines tasted and with some comparisons between their Clare and Coonawarra wines. Olivia was the most charming and intelligent host with so many stories of her brothers, father and grandfather and could not have done more to make us feel more welcome. Will be recommending to all in Melbourne to go and experience Thank you Olivia. We will be back and bringing friends. Collette and Peter
- schreiby00A must visit when in Clare!We love visiting Jim Barry wines. The people are always super friendly and of course the wine selection is varied so everyone is bound to find something they like! Some wineries don't give you the story behind their wines but Olivia Barry, Brand Ambassador, has so many wonderful stories to tell that it really adds to the whole experience. It is one of the MUST visit wineries when visiting Clare.
- DawnieLouise00Don’t get FOMOWe had just ridden some of the Riesling trail and on our way back into town we swung into Jim Barry. We have tasted some of this wine but never actually gone to the cellar door. We were missing out. The wine is incredible and the personal service from Olivia was outstanding. Don’t get FOMO you need to visit this place when your are in the Clare
- fitzpat21400Really professional and friendlyWe visited the Cellar Door Sat and had a fantastic experience with Olivia. Her front of house personality shone and we tried a good selection of wines and purchased. The wine offering is diverse and well worth a visit. The tasting fee is most appropiate and the wines difficult to choose which one(s) to purchase :) Keep doing what you do well Olivia, we had a great time, good wine, nice ambiance and was a bonus to have a family member present the wines. We will be back next year and look for your wines here in a reputable retail store when not back in Clare. Well worth the visit for the wines and experience AND the view.
- Lynith00Worth a visitOlive gave us a great overview of her family history and the variety of wines from her family’s winery while we were wine tasting. Yes we purchased a few bottles. Well worth a visit.
- Iain C00There's better wineries in ClareThere are plenty of other smaller boutique wineries in Clare that have fabulous wine and serve it with a smile.