A tasting for those who want to take a deep dive into Jim Barry Wines. This immersive experience gives guests the chance to try a vast selection of our wines, from the well known to those yet to be released. Take a journey through Clare and the history of our family owned winery. Wines tasted include The Nancy Sparkling Pinot Noir on arrival, Assyrtiko, Lodge Hill Riesling, Florita Riesling (current and cellar release vintages), Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, St Clare Cabernet Malbec, Pb Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon, The Benbournie Cabernet Sauvignon and The McRae Wood Shiraz
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 18-100, max of 8 per group
Duration: 1h 15m
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Departure details
- 33 Craig Hill Rd, Stanley Flat SA 5453, Australia Head north on Horrocks Hwy until you see our sign turn onto Crag Hills Rd
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 245851P6
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Australia's Immersion Tasting?
- Australia's Immersion Tasting price starts from AU$20.51. Discover and book Australia's Immersion Tasting on Tripadvisor
- What is the Australia's Immersion Tasting cancellation policy?
- Australia's Immersion Tasting cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Australia's Immersion Tasting on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Australia's Immersion Tasting?
- Australia's Immersion Tasting is hosted by Jim Barry Wines. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Jim Barry Wines on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Australia's Immersion Tasting on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Australia's Immersion Tasting?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 1h 15m. Discover and book Australia's Immersion Tasting on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 245851P6
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Jim Barry Wines
Joined in April 2008
- PerZee00Great wines and George rocks.Immersion tasting w the Darling Wife and Learning Daughter. Fabulously presented by George who managed us and various multitudes who drifted into the tasting room over the course of events with aplomb. I bought way too much wine as a result.
- Sherms5700wine food with a family experiencegreat wine and great family with a personal touch A winery and family that cater for all. including accommodation as required
- lorrainelawrie00Nice wines and excellent serviceWe had a really good tasting here. The person helping us was quite knowledgeable about their wines and we liked most of them but chose two to bring home that we really liked.
- P7991QIdavidm00Jim Barry wines with GeorgeArrived late Easter Sunday to find George providing excellent service and knowledge of the great Jim Barry wines. Well done George- thanks much
- Benson070300The Round Trip (Florita & Armagh)This was amazing, a truly personal experience with the effervescent Olivia Barry hosting us, introducing her dad, the legendary Peter Barry. Together they are the most genuine & generous people, who went out of their way to make this a truly memorable visit - recognising our appreciation for their deep family history & links to the terroir of the Clare. We toured the winery, then it was off to the high country Lodge Hill vineyard where they grow Riesling, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon & Assyrtiko (from cuttings obtained by Peter in Santorini). Spectacular countryside. Then we were off to the lovely Sevenhill church of St Aloysius. Olivia then took us onto Clos de Clare, the beautiful Florita Vineyard for a Riesling vertical tasting. This was great. Well tendered vineyard & gardens (great work Lloyd). After that, we had an absolutely top class 7 course lunch at the historic Watervale Hotel (superbly renovated building, outstanding food & hospitality). After lunch, we visited the Armagh Hut, for the next highlight - a tasting of the famous Jim Barry red wines (including Pb, Benbournie, McRae Wood), with tastings of 2 vintages of The Armagh - outstanding experience. Best day ever!
- 124dic00A must visit in ClareJust wanted to compliment Cathy who hosted our tasting today, She was so knowledgeable and interesting. Made us feel very welcome and a great representative of the winery. Wines were amazing!
- 619jeffry00Reds are bestThe Clare Valley is best known for its white wines, especially riesling. It is said that riesling should have an edge to it, but sometimes I think it's just under ripe, I think the Jim Barry reds are the pick of the bunch, particularly the shiraz We were passing through, but I'm glad we stopped off.
- SplodgeInternational00Jim Barry collectors tasting experience- amazingOlivia drove all the way from Adelaide to give just myself a 2 hr full Jim Barry tasting. Amazing service, so much interesting info and perspectives whilst not being pushy at all. Wonderful wines, so interesting to compare Coonawarra to Clare and of course the amazing Armagh, with the 2012 being my personal favourite. Thank you Olivia, we will be recommending you and Jim Barry wines to all our friends.
- Y9085RKpetere00Full Jim Barry Wine tasting ExperienceWe have done a lot of tastings in SA, VIC and Tas, and this 2 hour tasting was the best that we have ever experienced. Colourful and detailed conversation with Olivia, with each of the 15 wines tasted and with some comparisons between their Clare and Coonawarra wines. Olivia was the most charming and intelligent host with so many stories of her brothers, father and grandfather and could not have done more to make us feel more welcome. Will be recommending to all in Melbourne to go and experience Thank you Olivia. We will be back and bringing friends. Collette and Peter
- schreiby00A must visit when in Clare!We love visiting Jim Barry wines. The people are always super friendly and of course the wine selection is varied so everyone is bound to find something they like! Some wineries don't give you the story behind their wines but Olivia Barry, Brand Ambassador, has so many wonderful stories to tell that it really adds to the whole experience. It is one of the MUST visit wineries when visiting Clare.
- DawnieLouise00Don’t get FOMOWe had just ridden some of the Riesling trail and on our way back into town we swung into Jim Barry. We have tasted some of this wine but never actually gone to the cellar door. We were missing out. The wine is incredible and the personal service from Olivia was outstanding. Don’t get FOMO you need to visit this place when your are in the Clare
- fitzpat21400Really professional and friendlyWe visited the Cellar Door Sat and had a fantastic experience with Olivia. Her front of house personality shone and we tried a good selection of wines and purchased. The wine offering is diverse and well worth a visit. The tasting fee is most appropiate and the wines difficult to choose which one(s) to purchase :) Keep doing what you do well Olivia, we had a great time, good wine, nice ambiance and was a bonus to have a family member present the wines. We will be back next year and look for your wines here in a reputable retail store when not back in Clare. Well worth the visit for the wines and experience AND the view.
- Lynith00Worth a visitOlive gave us a great overview of her family history and the variety of wines from her family’s winery while we were wine tasting. Yes we purchased a few bottles. Well worth a visit.
- Iain C00There's better wineries in ClareThere are plenty of other smaller boutique wineries in Clare that have fabulous wine and serve it with a smile.
- louloumack2600Highlight of the Clare!Can totally understand why this winery received the James Halliday award for best winery in 2020! Exceptional experience and fabulous wines and service. We absolutely loved our visit, not to mention we walked out with a dozen wines to add to our collection!!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Cathy and George at the Cellar door tasting were outstanding hosts. We were also extremely fortunate to meet Peter Barry, current owner and son of the original winemaker, Jim Barry. Peter gave us an extraordinary insight to the history and current activity. It was a great privilege to become his guests. The wines are outstanding and we left with bottles of Wolta Wolta (a Riesling collaboration with Germany) and Armagh, the top Shiraz. Jim Barry wines not to be missed at the Clare Valley.
Written 3 January 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Hi Ian, Apologies for taking so long to respond. Thank you for your wonderful review- we certainly appreciate it and are very glad that you enjoyed your visit to the cellar door. We will be sure to pass your comments on to Cathy and George. All the best- the JBW team
Written 28 August 2023
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.