Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Over 24 unforgettable days you will experience it all: secluded beaches, jaw-dropping scenery, Māori culture, mountainous ranges, lush rainforests and more adventure activities than you could ever wish for. As with all our tours, we do include a few 'must-do' events, ranging from a Māori cultural night to learning to paddle a waka (Māori war canoe), and even a greenstone carving experience. You will see a massive range of optional activities available to add, from bungy jumping and dolphin swimming to jet boating and scenic flights. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want. Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
Haka Hotel Newmarket, 9 Manukau Road, Epsom, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
YHA Wellington Backpacker Hostel, 292 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Continental Breakfast Every Day - heaps of options for everyone (you too, vegans!)
- Orientation Tours - we give you the low-down on every location
- Comfortable Transport - with plenty of room to spread out
- High-End Hostel Accommodation - dorm share, upgrades available
- Experienced Local Guide
- Small Groups - Max 16 people. You are more than just a number
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the birthplace of New Zealand
- 2 dinners Fish'n'Chips in Paihia and a traditional cooked hangi in Murupara to full your puku! (belly)
- Experience a Māori cultural performance in Rotorua during the Cultural Experience Night
- Visit Te Puia - cultural centre about traditional Māori culture and Rotorua’s geothermal wonders
- Learn to paddle a waka (Māori war canoe) along the Abel Tasman coastline
- Iconic ferry ride between the North and South Islands across the Cook Strait
- Optional transport back from Wellington to Auckland on Day 24
- Additional activities - such as bungy jumping
- Lunch and dinner are own costs - unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Super lovely group of people. Our tour guide was excellent. I really enjoyed the cultural aspects of the tour (for example doing the Haka Dance, carving Jade stone) it was genuine, authentic and less touristy. I loved that accomodation & transport was all taken care of as it…
Response from EveLawrence, General Manager at 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour
Responded 5 Mar. 2020
Thanks so much for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your tour and the experiences Haka Tours could provide and we hope you join us again in the future!
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Haka Tours
I booked a trip scheduled 2nd April, the company notified me that due Covid 19 pandemic the tour would be cancelled…
I was a bit anxious about going solo. I need not have worried as I was with a wonderful group and tour leader. Th…
A fantastic holiday destination
Joined a tour 24 Epic adventure tour with Char it is amazing. Still have 10 days to go. There have been only 2 o…
Awful service all round
They let you pay the full amount then cancel your tour because they don’t have enough bums on seats. Which I get if…
A worthwhile experience
I was really lucky to have an amazing group who made the trip extra nice. We got to see a lot of things local and t…
Great tour with a great group
The tour was generally well organised. I particularly liked the Maori village experience because it was not a touri…
I would definitely recommend it!
It was such a good tour!! I loved it!! Our guide was so nice, patient and had a good sense of humour! We could ask …
I did the 16 day tour that starts in Christchurch and ends in Auckland. I had a wonderful time and everything was…
Beautiful country, but a mixed tour and cheaper alternatives
I did the epic 24 day tour with Benny as our guide (and Burto for the first 3 days) - we were so lucky to have bea…
7 day South Island Lick
A fantastic way to see the best bits of the South Island. Our guide Michelle was awesome, so friendly and made ever…
7-Days of fun
Great tour! Customer service (by Mary and Marie) were excellent from start to end, be it it terms of enquiring ab…
Great intro to the beautiful North Island
We had a really enjoyable time on our North Island tour over the summer holidays and NYE. This was a great way to s…
South Island Lick Tour
Highly recommend this tour - had a great time and the guide was fantastic. The length of the tour was 7 days which …
It is a trap
It is a VIP backpacker tour (no tents). According to my experience, if you are a budget and not pretentious tourist…
Best bang for your buck
Truly enjoyed every experience of this 2 week excursion. I would highly recommend Haka for any tour of New Zealand.…
- Haka Lodge Bay of Islands (Paihia), Haka Lodge Bay of Islands (Paihia), and 21 more
- Duration: 23 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently Asked Questions about 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour
What time does 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour start?
23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour?
23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour price starts from AU$4,709.74. Discover and book 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour cancellation policy?
23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 23-Day Epic New Zealand Tour on Tripadvisor