View all photos (24)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Stray Travel, Shop 2, Shed 19/137 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
All Stars Inn - Hostel & Hotel Accommodation, 263 Bealey Avenue, Edgeware, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
- Experienced Stray Guide throughout trip
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- 16 nights’ accommodation
- Meals: Breakfast (16) Dinner (9) Lunch (1)
- Experience Maori culture at Tamaki Maori Village
- Lake Aniwhenua: Kohutapu experience – guided tour of sacred Maori rock carvings, Marae experience, afternoon tea, ground cooked hangi feast and buffet breakfast
- Whakahoro: Eco-Warrior 4WD farm tour
- Take the Bluebridge Ferry across the Cook Strait to the South Island.
- Seal spotting in Kaikoura
- Thrilling Jet Boat Ride in Mt Aspiring National Park
- Overnight cruise on a custom designed ship in the Doubtful Sound - this is one of New Zealand's most premier off the beaten track experiences!
- Scenic bike ride around Lake Wanaka
- Goods and Services Tax included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Extra optional activities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour pricing is based on Quad Share (except at Whakahoro which is 6 share). Twin or Single tour packages are available, however the upgrade packages exclude Hahei where the accommodation remains Quad Share.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers aged 13-17 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian and are subject to the full adult fare.
- Luggage is limited to one bag or suitcase per person (maximum weight of 15kgs), plus one day pack to carry onboard with your valuables. The carriage of any excess of oversized luggage is at Stray's discretion and must be approved prior to travel.
- Itinerary Disclaimer: Itineraries are correct at the time of printing, however the operator retains the right to alter the route or itinerary if required. If a product, service or activity detailed in our itinerary is changed, a suitable alternative will be offered where possible. Components of our trip are weather dependent and may not operate. No refunds will be given in the event of any delay or alternation in the trip resulting from severe weather conditions or a mechanical failure
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travellers
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
About the operator
Best bus company ever!
Shout-out to Lego, Shorty and Soxx for being fantastic drivers, great cooks, and amazing fun. I started travelling…
I traveled with stray for 6 weeks over January and February and I would highly recommend the whole experience! I…
Great trip with Stray!
I traveled the North and South Island with Stray in 5 weeks. I had a great time, did a lot of stuff and met many…
Romeoo was our bus driver and he made the whole experience so much fun, telling stories of town origins, Maori…
EPIC Stray Journeys (24 day North and South Island NZ) with our driver Husky!
Just had the best 3 weeks ever with Stray journeys! I did the 24 day North and South Island tour in NZ and had two…
Stray Journeys - Cook 24 Day Trip. Amazing tour, Husky was the best guide ever!
I was slightly hesitant to book this trip as there are limited reviews for the 24 day Stray Journeys Cook Tour.…
Lightning is a legend
Had an absolutely fantastic time on the Stray bus with our dear driver Lightning. He made sure we were fully…
Stray South Island
Spent three weeks travelling the South Island with Stray. Everyone on the bus was travelling solo, was easy to get…
Kapelle, The Netherlands10
Amazing experience and Soxx is the best driver!
So far I did only the Northern Island of New-Zealand but already had an amazing time. Stray bring you to places…
Amsterdam, The Netherlands111
Stray is great and ‘Soxx’ is the best!
I’ve got to start this review with a huge THANK YOU to my driver ‘Soxx’. I’ve traveled with him for about ten days…
- Franz Josef Glacier, Doubtful Sound, and 3 more
- Duration: 18 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071