Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Auckland to Whitianga Via...
Whitianga and Surrounds
Whitianga to Rotorua Via Hobbiton
Rotorua to Tongariro National...
Tongariro National Park to...
- Private tour
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Live commentary on board
- Professional tour guide (who is also the driver)
- Transport by private vehicle including fuel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Sightseeing tours of Auckland and Wellington
- 7 nights accommodation in your selected category of hotel
- Entry/Admission - SkyTower
- Entry/Admission - Driving Creek Railway Tours
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Weta Workshop
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks, not specified in the itinerary (lunch and dinner)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please bring comfortable walking shoes, warm clothing, swim wear and towel
- Please note: All participants must have a current passport valid for 3 months after date of entry to New Zealand
- This private tour operates with a maximum of 15 participants
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Time of year
Read 2 more reviews on Viator
We had a wonderful trip with Alex! He is a very knowledgeable and friendly guide, and also very patient and accommodating. On several mornings when we were late in starting off, he did not hurry us but waited patiently for us, which we are very appreciative! Alex also tried to…
The trip overall was good because we had a great guide, Zack. The hotels were advertised as 4 star, a couple were but the others not.
Date of experience: March 2019
Response from theroadtrip1, Owner at Private Tour: 8-Day North Island Tour from Auckland Including Rotorua and Wellington
Responded 28 Feb 2020
Hi Tom, Thanks for your honest review and guessing that Zeb was the guide you were referring to. Our star rating in New Zealand is graded by Qualmark and as such are all rated 3, 4 our 5 stars. As this is the national benchmark for New Zealand hotel standards this may differ overseas but rest assured these are ranked 4 star. For more information about the star ratings of hotels in New Zealand you can find more information under. https://www.qualmark.co.nz We work closely with our hotel providers and always appreciate the feedback off our guests. We are glad that you had such a great time with our guide as our staff always do a fantastic job of delivering our guides safely and with a high service level both throughout New Zealand and Australia. Kind Regards Chris Cameron
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: The Road Trip New Zealand
Perfect short Get Away vacation
We did Overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound and then 2 night stay in fabulous Cabot Lodge. It is a bit of a journey …
Fiordland Lodge + Doubtful Sound
What a wonderful trip. We loved our overnight boat trip, we were well looked after by the crew, the meals were fant…
Way to go...
The Road Trip team do an exceptional job from go to whoa! Firstly they saved us endless hours on the internet loca…
Amazing Road Trip to Te Anau and Doubtful Sound
Te Anau's Fiordland Lodge and Doubtful Sound experience. We recently had a trip arranged by Alex, Chris and the te…
Overseas...but still in NZ
The only thing I would suggest the Road Trip could do better is that they didn't ask which activity we wanted to go…
The team at Road trip were exceptional Every aspect was covered to an excellent standard. Easy to follow guide to p…
Te Anau and Milford Sound experience
Totally recommend Alex and the team at The Road Trip. We did the Iconic Lodges of Fiordland package and had an amaz…
South Island splendour
A BIG thank you to Alex and The Road Trip team for arranging our recent trip to visit the South Island. Their local…
14-Day Self Drive Tour
The Road Trip made our 14 day self-drive tour of the South Island very easy and smooth. The accommodation choices w…
Really great Itinerary
I want to thank Road Trip Aus for planning and coordinating such a great itinerary. I wouldn’t have known where to…
Te Anau/ Milford Sound
Absolutely stunning !!!! Everything was perfect. Very easy to communicate with, and was very quick to respond t…
This trip was amazing, the scenery was mindblowing, we ran out of superlatives to describe the beauty of the scener…
One of the Best Tour that I've ever Had!
Absolutely recommend The Road Trip for anybody who plan to visit NZ and enjoy the fabulous scenery. The team is ver…
Fabulous Memories for a Lifetime!
My wife and I did an eighteen day self driving tour of both the North and South Islands. New Zealand is a place no…
Best Family Trip Ever!
We were a family of 10 and we never had a better trip and tour guide in our life! Alex was the most incredible tour…
- SkyTower, Driving Creek Railway Tours, and 6 more
- Duration: 8 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Tour: 8-Day North Island Tour from Auckland Including Rotorua and Wellington
- Private Tour: 8-Day North Island Tour from Auckland Including Rotorua and Wellington will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Private Tour: 8-Day North Island Tour from Auckland Including Rotorua and Wellington on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Tour: 8-Day North Island Tour from Auckland Including Rotorua and Wellington on Tripadvisor
- Private Tour: 8-Day North Island Tour from Auckland Including Rotorua and Wellington price starts from AU$7,772.48. Discover and book Private Tour: 8-Day North Island Tour from Auckland Including Rotorua and Wellington on Tripadvisor
- Private Tour: 8-Day North Island Tour from Auckland Including Rotorua and Wellington cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Private Tour: 8-Day North Island Tour from Auckland Including Rotorua and Wellington on Tripadvisor