Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 8 per group
Duration: 3h 30m
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- A slice or small cake
- Free museum entry
- Departure details
- Fed Square, Swanston St & Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia We meet outside the ticket booths near the corner of Fed Square and Princes Bridge.
- Australian Sports Museum, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Yarra Park, Gate 3 Brunton Ave, East Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia Gate 3 at the MCG
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 179363P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry on Tripadvisor
- How much is Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry?
- Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry price starts from AU$99.47. Discover and book Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry on Tripadvisor
- What is the Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry cancellation policy?
- Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry?
- Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry is hosted by Sporting Capital Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sporting Capital Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Melbourne Sports Experience + Free Australian Sports Museum entry on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 179363P3
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atFed SquareSwanston St & Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, AustraliaWe meet outside the ticket booths near the corner of Fed Square and Princes Bridge.See address & details
- 1Federation SquareStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 2Yarra RiverStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Rod Laver ArenaStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 4Melbourne & Olympic ParksStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 5AAMI ParkStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 6Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)Stop: 15 minutesSee details
- You'll end atAustralian Sports MuseumMelbourne Cricket Ground, Yarra Park, Gate 3 Brunton Ave, East Melbourne VIC 3002, AustraliaGate 3 at the MCGSee address & details
About the operator
Sporting Capital Tours
Joined in July 2019
#8 of 198 Nightlife in Melbourne
- raspykarrot00If you’re at all curious about Aussie sports and the venues you will have a good time!We loved this tour, Ben was a great guide! Enjoyed learning about the various facilities, events, and the sports themselves. Aussie rules footy, cricket and others, had a great time with Ben on this tour. His knowledge on sports past and present is huge and his passion is evident. If you’re at all curious about Aussie sports and the venues you will have a good time!
- LeighC33700No wonder Melbourne is the sporting capitalBen took us from the city, along the Yarra to the Sporting Complexes, along the way giving us some gems of history we were unaware of. We saw all the arenas - Margaret Court, Rod Laver, etc explaining their history and the well thought out gradual expansion of the complexes so that no matter what function or event is proposed - from 10,000 to 100,000 capacity, there is something fit for purpose! Our group were from various parts of Australia but even being a local, i was unaware how everything was so close together, and was unaware of the tennis hall of fame. Thoroughly enjoyed this tour
- margaretwM15GA00Enjoyed seeing all arenas very informativeGreat morning very informative and a great way to spend a morning with friends. Melbourne’s sports precinct is truly incredible.
- aubreyl22900Fantastic for any sports fanBen was an extremely knowledgeable tour guide and added a lot of colour and humour to the walking part of the tour, before dropping us off for the MCG portion. Highly recommend for anyone who wants to learn about the history of the Melbourne sports scene.
- sallyks202300Must goBen was very knowledgeable of sport and history of Melbourne and great fun. Nice walk. Would definitely recommend.
- 111geoffc00Sports of Melbourne walking tourWe had a great morning walking with Ben on this sports tour. Very informative about the history of AFL, rowing, tennis and various other sports events of Melbourne Recommended by us
- A3191MOteresaa00Great sporting banter with Ben.A really enjoyable trip. Ben's sporting knowledge is extensive. My husband enjoyed the sporting banter with Ben. He's an excellent guide. The MCG tour was a perfect end to the trip.
- Paradise63590700ExcellentThe Melbourne Sports Experience + Free MCG Tour with our guide, Ben was excellent. Ben has a passion for all things sport and was extremely knowledgeable and informative. We thoroughly enjoyed this whole experience.
- R4315YWpriyas00Excellent tour of MCG & Sports arenaBen took us along with him to the walking tour to the sports arena. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about his work. We got to know many new trivias about the sport we love. Overall a great experience, would highly recommend to go with Ben, never had any dull moments, even though it was raining and cold. He was waiting at our hotel to pick us up in the morning and was kind to guide us back to our hotel using the tram. Overall a great experience with Ben. We would highly recommend this tour with him. Priya and Sudhir India
- iclark5700Fabulous experience. Loved it!Ben was an excellent guide, very knowledgeable and very personable. He answered all questions and took photographs of myself and my son. Ben has a great sense of humour too which added to the enjoyment. Keenly priced which was a bonus. My son and I loved the tour. Would recommend.
- Passport5263761565800Highlight of our Melbourne trip!Highlight of our Melbourne trip. Loved the behind-the-scenes access to iconic sports venues. Highly recommended for sports fans.
- Mark N00Sports tour MelbourneOur guide Ben was excellent and we had a great tour. Very informative and his knowledge and passion for sport in Melbourne came through.
- davidcX2659LO00Accommodating. Accessible. Awesome.Ben was a very knowledgeable guide and presented us with some great information on the history of sport in Melbourne. We were travelling in a group that had special needs and accessibility requirements and we were able to get around at a pace that suited us without missing any of the big ticket items. The tour included Melbourne Park (tennis), Melbourne Rectangular Stadium (league, union, soccer) and of course, Australia's holiest of holy sporting cathedrals, the MCG (Aussie rules and cricket) I'm sure we'll be back. Thanks Ben!
- 638finng00Amazing tour with Ben!Ben was an outstanding tour guide. After a very exciting tour at the MCG, we took a walk with him through the most interesting and significant sports venues in Melbourne. Ben's very friendly and humorous nature made the tour very entertaining, while we learned a lot of interesting facts due to his very broad and deep knowledge of sports. He even arranged free tickets for us to an AFL game at the MCG the following day! In summary, the tour was a 10/10 and we highly recommend it.
- jannikhilburger1900Must-do for sports enthusiastsOverall a great tour! We started with a guided tour through Melbourne Cricket Ground, which is an impressive stadium mainly because of its size. However, it was after the MCG where the tour became really nice. Our guide Ben walked us through the area with all the sports facilities, including Rod Laver, Margeret Court, and John Cain Arena. He gave us really interesting insights about the whole area and the history of sport in Melbourne. I especially enjoyed that Ben was really open to all our questions and gave us a nice crash course in cricket and Australian Football rules as this was a blind spot coming from Germany. To summarize, as a sports enthusiast, this is a must-do in Melbourne!
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.