per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, Chinese, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Afternoon tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Departure details
- Location Name: Melbourne City and surronding suburbs
- Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 38515P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour?
- How much is Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour?
- Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour price starts from AU$425.78. Discover and book Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour cancellation policy?
- Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour?
- Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour is hosted by Melbourne Private Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Melbourne Private Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Melbourne City Sights - Afternoon Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 38515P2
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Melbourne Private Tours
Joined in September 2009
#21 of 189 Food & Drink in Melbourne
- 485ronw00They know how to organise a great day out.The company was well organised to provide us with a wonderful tour to the wineries. Our guide selected wineries that he thought would suit us - all just perfect with a relaxing lunch stop. Nice safe driving made for an enjoyable day.
- P3159PXalisonp00A great dayDarren was helpful when I contacted him at late notice as I was messed around by other tour companies. The driver Jeff was very accommodating and very friendly and he told us facts about the Great Ocean Road without being boring and over bearing. We were a family group of 10 for my Father in laws 80th birthday.
- manjunair8300Outstanding service!!I did the booking from Sydney was so seamless and the entire process was very smooth. We were a family of 4 adults and a child 5yrs old, Darren was easy to coordinate with and gave me the pick up time. We were picked by Simon from our hotel and he gave us an amazing experience of the entire tour. We took the mornington peninsula tour aswell the next day and it was brilliant.Simon explained every little detail throughout the way and was great company.He kept my child entertained aswell. Even today my child asks me about Simon. Highly recommend MPT for future tours.
- Joseph P00Enjoyable family day tripEnjoyable day at the Great Ocean road with a good mix of scenery, and insightful commentary on local history and wildlife (including spotting Echidnas and a tiger snake!). Simon was an easy going, knowledgeable and insightful guide. Thanks for a nice day!
- sherrisms00Fabulous 2 days with MPTOur cruise ended in Melbourne and we had decided to stay there for a few days along with 3 other couples we were traveling with. Friends of ours had recommended Melbourne Private Tours and we are so glad they did. We booked 2 tours with them. The first was a city tour for the day we arrived. Dylan was our guide and he was terrific! He is very knowledgeable, has a great sense of humor and made for a very fun day. We went to the Botanic Gardens and Shrine of Remembrance, cottages on the beach and saw lots of street art. Dylan also made sure we had plenty of time to explore the market. When we booked the tour we asked if it could include Jewish sites but since it was Saturday we were told we would only be able to see them from the outside. But Dylan and MPT went the extra mile and made arrangements with the synagogue so that we could visit towards the end of services. The synagogue was beautiful and the Rabbi and congregation were so welcoming and we were so moved, it is the most memorable experience of our trip. The next day we did the Great Ocean Road tour to the 12 Apostles. It was a 13 hour day and it was terrific. Our guide for this tour was Neil and he was great. He took us all along the coastal road where we saw amazing views and lots of surfers. We stopped at a wonderful coffee shop with delicious pastries. But I recommend not eating too much at the coffee shop because you don’t want to spoil your appetite for the fabulous lunch that comes a few hours later. Lunch was family style and the food was ready when we got there. It was so good we asked to meet the chef so that we could applaud him and his wonderful staff. Along the way Neil stopped at a few different locations so that we could see kangaroo, koalas and birds up close in the wild. Neil got a crimson rosella to sit on my husband’s hand and we got great pictures of a kookaburra. The 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge were amazingly beautiful and as an extra treat we saw an Echidna in the bushes. We had a fabulous time.
- LivvieD07800Fantastic experienceJamie at Melbourne Private Tours arranged an amazing Tour of the 12 Apostles + a helicopter flight at really short notice. Jamie was so friendly and a pleasure to deal with,. The Tour Host on the day who also lovely and managed to settle some nerves of a few who were a little anxious about the helicopter ride! The food and service was great, we would definitely use MPT again.
- 1Ledingham00Ask for Garth !Simply...great! We are at end of a 3 week Australia vacation and the last few days in Melbourne have been great....much of that thanks to our incredible guide, Garth. We did a half day city morning tour with him first.....his knowledge and mix of driving and walking was perfect. The following day we did the 12 Apostles - Great Ocean Road with Garth again.Part of this was supposed to be by helicopter however the weather did not co-operate for the helicopter portion.....we are glad it didn’t, as the additional time in the car with Garth was full of more great information details - flora;fauna;history plus lovely FYI,,Garth is a world of knowledge and made our visit to Melbourne so memorable......MPT has very comfortable vehicles and wonderful staff.
- made4livin00Best way to see the 12 Apostles and Great Ocean RoadWhat promised to be a long day filled with a lot of driving, we're so glad we chose to do it on a private tour and take the airplane flight over the 12 Apostles. Flying instead of driving saved so much time and gave us an exhilarating perspective. 35 minutes in the air goes by fast, so it would have been nice to make one more loop over the Apostles, but all the scenery was still beautiful to see. Our guide, Darren, was personable and enthusiastic. We thoroughly enjoyed his company for the day.
- AnnieL7900Brilliant two day tour.Easy to book online a two day private tour to the Great Ocean Road and we also added on a helicopter ride over the twelve apostles which was fantastic. We were lucky to get Simon who was a brilliant guide and had lots of information to impart and answered all our stupid questions. Was a really good two days and Simon looked after us very well and had excellent recommendations for lunch and dinner. Able to adapt things to accommodate my mums bad knees and we saw lots of wildlife. Thanks for a great trip. Highly recommended.
- R2058SPolivias00Amazing Private Tour with Exceptional Guide!Melbourne Private Tours did an amazing job helping me to coordinate our private tour while also giving us freedom to choose where we wanted to go on the day. Ashleigh did a wonderful job providing information and Neil was a superb guide! He was involved and genuinely seemed to enjoy showing us the region and telling us about his favourite wines. I will definitely book again and highly recommend to anyone who wants more than just a typical tour of the Valley (or anywhere around Melbourne).
- Kayah L00Brilliant Ocean Road Tour!I surprised my mum for her birthday with this private Great Ocean Road tour. Brendan, our guide, was very knowledgeable of all of Melbourne and the GOR and was a delight to travel with and hear his stories. We made multiple stops that varied from Koala sight seeing, rain forest walks and lunch at Apollo Bay. Unfortunately the weather kept us on the ground and we didn’t make it to the sky in the helicopter to see the Apostles, but Brendan made up for it by stopping at many more places. We will be back to do it again with MPT when the weather is finer! Thank you Brendan and the Team!!
- meemafrommelbourne00Brilliant!From the very first enquiry I was made to feel special, every question answered, every assurance given. The tour itself was absolutely brilliant, Jayne is so knowledgeable, friendly, professional, happy to make slight adjustments to suit my preferences for the day. Melbourne Private Tours are not cheap, but I still got so much more than I paid for! worth every cent! I highly recommend MPT, and will definitely be back for more the next time I want to feel like the most important person on the planet.
- nicdeangelis00Awesome as usualWe had a Mt Buller trip with the amazing Simon as our driver! From start to finish it was awesome. So relaxed and Simon was full of information when we asked. It was like he was part of our family for the day. I thoroughly recommend this company and we have used them on both our visits to Melbourne as they are professional and also make your day extremely relaxed, my kids had a ball, and mentioned once again how awesome Simon is and it had been 4years since our last visit to Melbourne and he still remembered us which is a great quality! Was an amazing day which we didn’t want to end!
- Dayle R00Private Tour of MelbourneTaking this private tour of the Melbourne wine region was the best decision we made during our recent trip to Australia/ New Zealand. Our guide, Garth, was a gem. This extremely knowledgable man took us to visit both wineries and an animal sanctuary that were out of the way and not overrun by other tourists. He was so I interesting to listen to as he explained the history of his country. I would highly recommend this tour.
- Runar N00Great Great Ocean had tourGreat day form the start to the end from Melbourne to Great Ocean Road and helicopter to 12 Apostles. Great vehicle, great guide, great vies, great stops and great lunch - absolutely recommended. And when I was able to forget a jacket in the vehicle, they sent this all the way to Norway for me as well.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Sep. 2023 • Family
We had Max as our tour guide for our Melbourne city tour and he provided an excellent private tour. He was incredibly knowledgable, funny, and gave us a day to remember. We learned about the city history, culture, hot spots, and more things to do/try while in town. As a family, we have been on many tours and experienced many guides and we couldn’t stop raving about Max the whole trip. We wish we were paired with him for all our tours. Time and money well invested!
Written 2 October 2023