Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 37 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Chinese
What's not included
- Local Mandarin Speaking Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Sydney Opera House
- Hotel Pickup/Drop Off
- Food and Drinks, unless specified
- Departure details
- Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia Please exchange this voucher for your tour ticket at the Welcome Center located on the Lower Concourse level of the Sydney Opera House. Please arrive approx 10 min prior to your scheduled departure time.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 2482P42
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- Please note the guided tour contains approx. 300 stairs - Low Impact.
- Infants under 5 are permitted on the 1 hour tour free of charge, however still require a ticket to be booked
- Tour + Main Meal & Drink: Redeem your ticket stub at either Opera Bar or House Canteen between 11.30am - 6pm on the day of your tour to enjoy a main meal and a beverage from a selection.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 37 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin on Tripadvisor
- How much is Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin?
- Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin price starts from AU$43.68. Discover and book Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin on Tripadvisor
- What is the Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin cancellation policy?
- Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 1h. Discover and book Sydney Opera House Guided Tour in Mandarin on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 2482P42
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Sydney Opera House
- CindyC441700Great venue and guideOur guide was excellent and the venue quite beautiful. Maybe one day I could attend a concert there. We were able to see both of the large theaters.
- kellyxinfinity00Well worth it!A unique and interesting way to spend an hour at Circular Quay. Our guide, Darryl, was knowledgeable and funny, showing us the many intricacies of the Opera House. It was amazing to see some behind-the-scenes rehearsal and set up in the theatres. Highly recommend!
- Fortyexcel00Good for an overview of history & BTSDid an online booking - which was easy and quick - better than the unhelpful and uninterested girl at the ticket counter. Started and ended on time. Our guide Emily was sweet, respectful and considerate. However as it was raining maybe we missed the part of the tour which was on the outside - will never know. Also, we didn’t get to photograph or talk in both the concert halls as they were being prepared for the upcoming shows - which is a shame really - specially because one of them just had a single ballet dancer catching up on his sleep on the stage - not even remotely preparing for the show! Can’t say it was money well spent - do this only if you have the time or want to tick it off your list.
- Teacake_Taster00SurprisingGood: get to see three theatres and the architecture from inside and out (on the balconies). Also a couple of films about why it’s built on a special place and who built it which is fascinating, and how the original architect ‘returned’ to carry out improvements. We got to sit in both of the large theatres and learn about the layout and acoustics. Slightly reminiscent of the Barbican in London (there is a tenuous link). Leaving bags is easy as staff are very helpful. Shop is small. Not so good: it was a large group of about 30 and the guy taking us round used an effective headphone system but it makes it difficult to interact and ask questions and the talk felt a bit robotic until the guy was asked a question when the chance arose. The tour route might change depending on what is on at the time. There are a lot of steps, especially if you climb up only to find you have to go down again during to turnround activities. Everyone seemed to manage though.
- flo22000Inside tour of iconic landmark -- don't miss itVery interesting tour of the iconic Sydney opera house. Since it is hard to get tickets to performances, this was the only way to see the inside of it. The tour guide was enthusiastic and gave a lot of information and seemed to go out of her way to get us into as many of the rooms as possible. While it is pricey it shouldn't be missed, if possible.
- rosaidaliar202300The Opera House tour!Absolutely worth doing! Getting to know the story of how the Opera House was planned, develop and build is just amazing! Glad my boys got to do it and enjoying it so much.
- sheridanv201800A meeting place like no otherA distinctive and famous community meeting place with a stunning harbour view. It's a place where you can have a picnic, take a tour, and enjoy a show! Whether you're looking for a fun day out or a romantic evening, the Opera House is sure to provide a memorable experience. Just don't forget to bring your camera – you'll want to capture the beauty of this iconic building!
- birgitw24300Opera House tourWe were not allowed to take any pictures! Our guide was too self important and short on facts and detail about the opera house. Did not get see much of the interior, had to watch videos!
- Leonie L00Must do TourExcellent tour with Peter, the tour guide. He was passionate about the history, and we could tell he loved his job. He took us to places where we felt very spoilt, getting to the Swan Lake rehearsal!
- 377clarkeh00Stunning architecture and vibrant atmosphereThe Sydney Opera House is an iconic example of Danish design, offering a unique and diverse program of events. From world-renowned opera and ballet performances, to contemporary music, theatre and more, the Sydney Opera House has something for everyone. Enjoy the famous views of the harbor and the city skyline, and explore the many restaurants, bars and shops that make the Sydney Opera House a must-see destination.
- Dream1813685530600Very enjoyable tourWonderful peek at the inside of this iconic landmark. Bella was an informative guide and very patient with our early morning group.
- Relax82898700Worth taking!Our guide was Zoe and she was great -- very entertaining and knowledgeable. The microphone/headphone system meant we all could hear what she said easily. I wish more tours would do this. Having taken the tour heightened my enjoyment of a performance in the Concert Hall the next day, so I highly recommend it. One thing that wasn't clear was the location of the Welcome Center where one needs to report to start the tour - it's on the lower level on the Harbour Bridge side.
- JohnWMillsIII00Exceptional acoustics and seating, lousy managementMy wife and I and another couple were lucky enough to get the last few seats available for the Chinese National Symphony Orchestra tour at the Sydney Opera House. We sat in what would normally be the choir loft, but let me tell you they were superb seats. I wish other venues would make the effort to put seats there like Sydney Opera House does. The only down side is the restrooms are on the ground level and it’s quite a walk from the choir loft to get there. The concert was supposed to start at 2030, but didn’t till 2045 because they wouldn’t open the seating gates till 2015. No way you can seat that many people in 15 minutes. The concession stands didn’t open till 2020, causing more people to be late.
- wendyb42900Do itA fantastic tour with a full explanation of the process and time frame of the architecture and engineering of this amazing building. Highly recommend this tour.
- jacquitohc00Magnificent 'sails', Iconic SydneyWalked the whole perimeter of the Opera House, Sydney's famous & iconic building. Magnificent 'sails' of the Opera House gleaming in the sunshine - just awe-inspiring. Enjoyed Harbour Bridge impressive views. On Manly ferry, had different stunning vistas from the ocean back towards the Opera House, also gorgeous dusk photos. We haven't been to Sydney in a long while - now revisit; we'll definitely be back soon.. (I have gait/walking challenges (stroke), wear a legbrace.)
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Good tour experience. We were able to join the afternoon tour after we were late for the initially booked morning tour. Quite reasonable price and good information.
Written 7 November 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Dear SilkyShen Thank you so much for your great review. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Sydney Opera House One Hour Guided Tour and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards Team SOH
Written 10 November 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.