Begin your trip from the Shellharbour Marina. Explore Bushrangers Bay and it’s turquoise calm waters. Enjoy a tour taking in the scenic views of Windang island, Cathedral rocks, Barrack point and all the beautiful beaches in between the five islands and Kiama blowhole. Keep your eyes peeled for dolphins and other sea life along the way. Cruise around the Five Islands and admire the fur seals sunbathing on the rocks. Visit Kiama Blowhole and Lighthouse, the worlds largest Blowhole, see this natural marvel from the seaward side like never before. With local knowledge and historical commentary for the entirety of the trip, this is a seasonal tour that is not to be missed.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 48 per group
Start time: Check availability
Meets animal welfare guidelines
Live guide: English
What's not included
- History commentary
- Departure details
- 9 Marina Dr, Shell Cove NSW 2529, Australia Meet at the Salty Squid Cafe, 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 348243P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Eco Scenic Cruise?
- Eco Scenic Cruise price starts from AU$89.79. Discover and book Eco Scenic Cruise on Tripadvisor
- What is the Eco Scenic Cruise cancellation policy?
- Eco Scenic Cruise cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Eco Scenic Cruise on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Eco Scenic Cruise?
- Eco Scenic Cruise is hosted by Shellharbour Wild. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Shellharbour Wild on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Eco Scenic Cruise on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Eco Scenic Cruise?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Eco Scenic Cruise on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 348243P2
Reserve your spot
- You'll start at9 Marina Dr9 Marina Dr, Shell Cove NSW 2529, AustraliaMeet at the Salty Squid Cafe, 30 minutes prior to departure time.See address & details
- 1Bass PointStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2Kiama BlowholeStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3MinnamurraStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 4Cathedral RocksStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 5Windang IslandStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 6Killalea State ParkStop: 15 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in April 2022
#2 of 9 Tours & Activities in Shellharbour
- AliRC00Amazing experience seeing humpback whalesWe had a great time on this 1.5 hour tour from Shellharbour. We were lucky enough to see humpback whales, a seal and some dolphins. We even saw a whale breach, which was a great privilege. If you suffer with sea sickness, be aware that there can be a swell out to sea so take precautions!
- T9859KZjohnc00Seals and DolphionsGreat 2+ hour trip, saw Seals Turtles and Dolphins, tour leaves and returns from Shell cove marina, its entertaining and highly recommended.
- Joanne13ncl00We will be back!Went on their Ecocruise this afternoon. Great two hour cruise with loads of info on the way. We saw lots of Seals. We sat at the front which the captain warned us would be bumpy- it was but our 6 and 4 year old girls loved it. Will definitely be back for Whale season. On the new Marina too so a great day out, with nice cafes and walks etc.
- GraceWollongong00Five Islands Boat trip from Shell Cove - Seal of ApprovalHaving lived in Wollongong for many years, we had only seen the Five Islands from the shore. We were delighted with our boat trip with Shellharbour Wild which took us to the Five Islands and back to Bushrangers Bay, with an interesting commentary along the way. Depending on the swell, you can get a bit wet but the waterproof jackets provided by the crew areexcellent :-) Our favourite part was seeing the fur seals on the Five Islands.
- Vandal8600Great School Holiday FunGreat little local adventure. Wayne and Carmen were great hosts. Some exciting breaches from an enthusiastic baby.
- Linda H00So ExcitingA wonderful experience, many whale sightings. A new business and boat, please support this local business. Nothing more exciting than getting up close and personal with these giants of the sea.
- RachelNT00WonderfulWe were blessed with the most perfect waters today after heavy rain and wild weather in the past week and the whales put on the most incredible show. Very friendly and informative staff and a great bunch of tourists on board. Excellent experience and one I will never forget.
- DG110600Great local activityMy husband and I just moved to Shell Cove and we have been exploring the area. Both of us love the water, so this was on our radar as soon as we saw they were open. On this outing, there was only one little, brief whale sighting on the horizon, but it wasn't for lack of looking! The crew were great, provided jackets for everyone on a cold day with ocean swells and were available to answer questions, provide a commentary and attentive to needs. This was a fairly full cruise, but no one seemed unhappy about the lack of whales. Just what nature served up for us that day. We'll be back for the Southern migration.
- laurenfS6209HN00No whales, but amazing!I was disappointed that I didn't see any whales, but Joel and Kim couldn't do enough for me (I was the only one on the cruise) such a wonderful experience, I had a great time. I will be definitely be going back again, and again.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
We have been coming to the Illawarra (south of Wollongong ) for many years. I have long known it is named for the five five islands off the coast. Today taking a spur of the moment decision we took the Shellharbour Wild two hour Eco tour , no shades of Gillian’s Island here although the theme song became an ear worm. Having nearly drown as a child I have quite a fear of the sea but I need not have worried both our crew Carmen and Peter were wonderful buying all at ease and making us feel safe. They are knowledgeable, attentive, good humoured - offering first class customer service ! We circumnavigated the five islands and saw the entry of the ocean into and under the famous Kiama Blowhole - while I am still no sailor I could not have liked it more.
Written 8 April 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.