Monte Chiaro Organic Chianti winery welcomes guests daily at our Wine Shop "Cantinetta", inside the Castle of Monteriggioni, founded in 1213. The Griccioli family has been the oldest private proprietor of the Castle in the past, starting by the year 1720.
With our exclusive wine education experience, you will understand tasting methods, Chianti wine culture and terroir concept, the origin of Supertuscans, focus on Sangiovese and native grapes
Our expert guides will lead you through a 50-minute immersion into our rich history together with current vineyard and winemaking operations. Food pairings with local organic products (pecorino, honey, truffle, salami) presented by wine educators Seila, Gregory and Maurizio.
What you get:
Discovery of the oldest room the Castle and seated wine tasting.
7 organic wines, featuring our white/rosè, one of our Chianti and one award-winning Supertuscan, paired with our selection of organic gourmet cheeses, cold cuts, honey and truffle, extra virgin olive oil tasting.
** • In case of staff unavailability or ordinary maintenance the experience of an equivalent value will take place in the Tenuta di Montechiaro.
• Castello Monteriggioni, Piazza Roma, 53035, Monteriggioni Italy
• Piazza Roma 15 Castello di Monteriggioni, 53035, Monteriggioni Italy
• Bruschetta - assaggio/tasting - Tuscan bread, Extravirgin Olive Oil, Garlic & Chili
• Pecorinos Selection - assaggio/tasting - Selection of Pecorino Cheeses & Organic Honeys (depending on availability)
• Truffle Experience - assaggio/tasting - Selection of Bruschettas with Parmesan & Truffle, Pesto & Truffle, Truffle Oil, Honey & Truffle Truffle & Porcini (depending on availability)